Anyone 12 stones to 11 stones

Welcome ashton.x, zbeth88 and Ellebear - well done on joining our happy little troop!

Lozzie Stardust - I echo Debridger, use your anger to catch up. The gain due to *week will vanish anyway so stick to plan and the rest will go too. Rapid gains can be got rid of quickly too.

Thanks for the support guys! Just gotta work through it! Well done on your losses everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Only half a pound for me this week, but better than a STS or a gain.

I hope for better next week, but I suspect last week was a fluke and "Mrs Tortoise" came back to town :sigh:

Still, I've lost more off my body fat percentage so I must be doing something right!

Only half a pound for me this week, but better than a STS or a gain.

I hope for better next week, but I suspect last week was a fluke and "Mrs Tortoise" came back to town :sigh:

Still, I've lost more off my body fat percentage so I must be doing something right!

As you said, it's a half pound in the right direction :) well done! xx

Newbie Hello

I have just found this website and it seems great for those who us who want to do SW at home.

I climbed back onto SW wagon this Monday at 12st 5.5lbs. My weight sways dramatically so was probably 12st 10lbs the week before without having eaten anything very naughty.

My short term goal is to be 11st 12lbs by 3 September - a family party is taking place and I want to look trimmer than I do now. I haven't been that weight for 6 years and only then as a result of doing Atkins and eating industrial quantities of cream, cheese and mayo. Got so bored of it - and did worry about the impact on overall health.

I have done SW in the past and know it works. I don't know how much I want to lose as I am a great believer in the maxim of 'One gets to a certain stage in life when one chooses between one's bottom and one's face'. SO, I will lose weight until I get to the stage when I have that 'bottom vs face' moment and undoubtedly choose my face.

I tend to follow red days with the occasional green day.

I have a couple of questions. Can anyone help?

I saw a weblink for myfitnesspal. I had a quick look and it appears to be all about calories. Does it have a SW page? If not how do SW people use it? I know WW have an app for keeping track of food etc but Sw are still working on it I gather.

Someone mentioned a water challenge? Presumably that is to increase water consumption? How much are people aiming to drink?

I have been drinking lots of green tea this week as there are reports that it helps.... fingers crossed.

Oh, and confession of the day, I weigh myself at least twice a day. I am on leave this week and had weighed myself 5 times this morning by 10am :sigh: Yup - I know it is wrong but can't break the habit of a lifetime! :eek:

Last edited:
Hello all,

I was part of this thread a few months ago but then went off plan due to a whole range of things from holidays to business trips to moving house... Finally back and really determined to keep at it this time, no matter what!

Getting into the 11s will really mean a lot to me as 12 stone is the place I always seem to get stuck... So look forward to working towards it here! :)

Hi there, I started at 16 stone 2 in feb and I am currently down to 12 stone 10. I know I've done really well so far but I just feel like its taking so long. Like Im putting in so much effort and some weeks just not getting anywhere!! Half the time Im sooo excited about getting to target and the other half feel like it's never going to happen. Very frustrating!!

I am so fed up with being in the 12's. I just can't seem to get myself in the mood to shift it.
I know I can if I really want to but the motivation is just not there for long enough.
I get away with it to some extent as I am tall and rangy but it's all round the middle. And, I have a fat face. It's the first place weight seems to go on. I have never been 1/2 a stone over before now 5 years on I am 2 ish over. Hell!

Beverley8603 said:
I am so fed up with being in the 12's. I just can't seem to get myself in the mood to shift it.
I know I can if I really want to but the motivation is just not there for long enough.
I get away with it to some extent as I am tall and rangy but it's all round the middle. And, I have a fat face. It's the first place weight seems to go on. I have never been 1/2 a stone over before now 5 years on I am 2 ish over. Hell!

Everyone has been there- start off well, motivation can sometimes slip a little. Mine has this week, and I'm sure that although I will probably stay the same, I won't get any closer to getting out of the 12's. This was my sticking point last time, and probably always will be. But I've had a talk with myself and drawn up a list of for and against losing weight- maybe you could try that?
A technique a girl in my old group used was taking a photo of herself as sticking it on the fridge as motivation.
Or buy yourself a nice new outfit to slim into?
Just some thoughts. And remember, we'll always be around on here to help you :)

hey ladies hope were all having a good weekend food wise, i weigh in on wednesday hoping for another good loss, kinda hoping to be in the 11's before august is out got another 3 weigh in's to go i am currently sat at 12st 7.5lb

Originally Posted by Beverley8603

Hey if it makes u feel better I have been I'm the 12s for nearly 3 months now! I have lost 2 stones so far but once I came to the 12s my weight loss came to a stand still! I'm still another 2 stones away from target as well! But not shifting on the scales put me down so I was eating a load of rubbish again. I'm currently on 12.6 and like u I would love to be in the 11s by the end of august. Don't worry I'm sure u will do it and who knows if we both put our heads down we might go down to the 11s together! Chin up girl! You can do it!!! Xxx

Hi bev - there's lots of us a bit stuck in the 12's. I've been here almost 3 months too. Have you abandoned the H&B Challenge?

Well I had a fantastic birthday - 5 course meal out on Saturday was superb and Cirque du Soleil yesterday were even better.

Thanks must go to Funcurls for her advice on my re not bothering about syns too much. I took it wholeheartedly and, having shown a STS for most of last week, have gained a very healthy 1¼ lbs - since Friday! So back to where I was 3 weeks ago. How is it I lose it slowly and put it back on so quickly! Grrrrrrrrrr

Oh well, speed soup and melon coming up this week!

Am over the moon. I have lost 2 lbs! I thought I may have lost 1 lb but 2 is just wonderful. 4 more pounds and will be in 11's. OMG so excited.

Naz and Pomette - thanks for the messages I been in the 12's for at least 3 years!! I must log on H & B too. I really got to the point where I thought I would never get it off but I can now see light at the end of the tunnel!
Bev x

hi all,

I have been stuck in the 12s for 5 MONTHS!!!! just checked in my book, am appalled at myself!

am sitting at 12 st 3.5lb as of last wednesday, have had a good week so far and have had loads of superfree today will continue with this tomorrow.

whats the h&b challenge please??

Hi kerryathome. It started as a small 12-week challenge between funcurls (aka Heather) and me (aka Bev) to get to target by mid-October. Heather needing to lose 12 lbs and me 10.5 lbs. We'd both been stuck for a while and needed some motivation.

But we invited anyone with less than a stonme to lose to get to target to join us and we've got a merry little crew of 18 of us now. Not all trying to get to target but trying to get rid of no more than a stone in the challenge period.

You're welcome to join us for the last 9 weeks! Link to thread in my sig below.

Hi kerryathome. It started as a small 12-week challenge between funcurls (aka Heather) and me (aka Bev) to get to target by mid-October. Heather needing to lose 12 lbs and me 10.5 lbs. We'd both been stuck for a while and needed some motivation.

But we invited anyone with less than a stonme to lose to get to target to join us and we've got a merry little crew of 18 of us now. Not all trying to get to target but trying to get rid of no more than a stone in the challenge period.

You're welcome to join us for the last 9 weeks! Link to thread in my sig below.

Fat (and fat being the operative word here!) chance of me losing a stone in 9 weeks :giggle:

Fat (and fat being the operative word here!) chance of me losing a stone in 9 weeks :giggle:
Annya - It's anything up to a stone. With only 8-9 weeks left you can just go for a loss you want to achieve - just 5-7 lbs say. And we're a reet friendly bunch!

Back