Anyone a bit anxious about getting thin?

wintersyve

Hi

I'm 5ft 1in and have lost 1st 6lb so far and I can definitely see the difference (as can friends and family) but now I'm finding myself feeling a bit anxious as I get further in my journey.

I think it's because I've not seen myself this slim for 20 years and I'm not sure what I'll look like (face and body). Sounds silly, doesn't it? Not sure if that is making sense or even if that is the reason. Anyone else feeling similar?

i cannot wait to see myself slim but i cant see it happeneing! im anxious about keeping the weight off when i am slimmer because i CANNOT be fat like this again!! lets just hope i get slim

I kind of understand how you feel. Ive never been thinner than a size 12 so i cant picture myself being any thinner. Tbh ive decided just to aim for that weight now rather than go lower cos i had trouble maintaining that!!!

I'm 40 so I guess some of the concern is worrying about looking old when I've got to target (which is not excessive). For so long I have been joking that fat fills out the wrinkles that I think I now believe it!

wintersyve - I'm so glad it's not just me!!

I posted some before and after (well "during" technically as I still have 24lb to go) on the forum last weekend and totally freaked myself out! Someone else had put a photo of me facebook and the only thing I could think of was "look at my scrawny arms"! I'm still a size 16 so I am far from scrawny but it is so different to how I am used to looking that it has thrown me slightly.

I want to get down to a healthy BMI and/or a size 12 but people are already telling me to stop losing weight. At a size 16 I don't think I should stop but my husband is now starting to worry that I have some sort of problems as I am only focusing on the numbers.

I'm hoping that I will get used to my new body and know when I am at the right weight. It's very difficult.

I know we often have a goal figure in our heads but I think you'll know the right weight/size when you get to it. I have my pre children weight stuck in my head but that was many years ago and I really dont want a slim body offset by a haggard face!!! My mum has told me she'll teall me when I've gone far enough and believe me she will!

I must say I havent been 'slim' since i was a child, and I do wonder what I will look like when I am a size 12 (which is my goal, but may go to a ten if I can)

I do worry that I wont look like me anymore, at them minute I know I look younger than my age and i wonder if some of that isnt down to be fat and like you say fillinf out any wrinkles lol.

Anyway point is no you are not alone! xx

BUt ultimately we may not look the same-but we will be healthier! which is really the important thing!!

Zoe, I think you have hit the nail on the head! Worrying that I won't look like me anymore. Looking in the mirror and thinking "who are you?"

Good to know I'm not alone feeling like this

Hi Wintersyve

Getting slim wont happen overnight so you will have time to get used to the changes. If you are worried about your face looking old, make sure you have a good skincare regime to keep moisturised and try to include healthy fats (such as olive oil, nuts, avocado) in your diet. You look lovely in your picture I so don't think you have anything to worry about :)

I lost 60lb (a similar amount to what you want to lose with similar heights and starting weights) and I think you can see a difference in my face. However, I feel all the better for it :D Remember if you get there and you don't like it, you can always bring yourself up to a weight that you feel comfortable with. It's your body and you're the best judge of what's best for you.

If you click on the link below, and about 5 posts down you can see the change in my face. :)

http://www.minimins.com/before-afte...ad-inspiration-post-your-photos-here-129.html

Hi Wintersyve

Getting slim wont happen overnight so you will have time to get used to the changes. If you are worried about your face looking old, make sure you have a good skincare regime to keep moisturised and try to include healthy fats (such as olive oil, nuts, avocado) in your diet. You look lovely in your picture I so don't think you have anything to worry about :)

Silly is right, you have a beautiful and elegant face! I noticed that too!

Thank you :D I'm aware I look about 16 now, I keep on getting offered child tickets on the train and I'm nearly 20! Thank you for your lovely comment though, I've always had a problem with self confidence so I honestly mean it when I say that it's lovely to hear someone calling you gorgeous :D

I definitely understand what you mean, I'm 21 and have NEVER been slim, so it'll be like revealing a completely different person and I have no idea what that person will look like. It's very scary to me!

Not sure if this will make sense, but this is the best way I can get it out into words:

What worries me - having not been slim since my late teens/early twenties (having a baby and having a partner who turned out to be a feeder) is that, by the time I hit target, I will be 29 years old and I'm scared to death that I won't be able to get away with nice pretty clothes anymore.
I don't look my age, I still look like I'm 19 but I won't feel like I can enjoy the sort of clothes I want to be wearing.

Now I regret not really being bothered that i was so slight and could wear anything as a teen, it wasn't as important then as it is now. :(

I am 57 and have lost quite a lot off my face. My hubby looked at me this morning and said "yr face looks a lot thinner" I said, "you mean I look older since I have lost weight" He didnt say anything!!!!! Its a pity we cant just lose weight where we want to. I would like to lose more off my hips and tum, but hold it now on my face,arms,legs,and bust (dont know where that has gone but got nothing at all now except two fried eggs on a plate)!!! Think we all understand the worries, you have to be a slimmer to understand and happyhealthy you look lovely!

i think i look older and more tired in my face, its the only thing thats bothering me, because i have never been the weight that i am now and my face has always been chubby. i have never really worn makeup or used any kind of skincare regime, however i have decided to get myself to boots when i get the chance and invest in some good products that will hopefully give my skin a bit of life. i'm only 29 so i really should not been feeling like this so i know that its time to be taking more care of myself.
i think my husband is keen for me to set my target pretty soon, he has only ever known me at a size 16 or above so i think its a shocker for him too. he calls me scrawny now....in a nice way lol. but i set my target and he knows i will get there, i said i was going to do it so i will. i have areas that i need to lose a bit more from and i do lots of exercise to tone my body. its slow progress but i promised myself i wouldn't be disappointed at my target and i definitly wouldn't take it any further than my target weight. i'm just glad i've got a grip of controling my food intake and making healthier choices, i FEEL healthy now and thats my main thing. :)

wintersyve - I'm so glad it's not just me!!

I posted some before and after (well "during" technically as I still have 24lb to go) on the forum last weekend and totally freaked myself out! Someone else had put a photo of me facebook and the only thing I could think of was "look at my scrawny arms"! I'm still a size 16 so I am far from scrawny but it is so different to how I am used to looking that it has thrown me slightly.

I want to get down to a healthy BMI and/or a size 12 but people are already telling me to stop losing weight. At a size 16 I don't think I should stop but my husband is now starting to worry that I have some sort of problems as I am only focusing on the numbers.

I'm hoping that I will get used to my new body and know when I am at the right weight. It's very difficult.

We seem to be about the same, I've lost 2 1/2 stone, and plan to lose at least another 2 stone.
Someone at work told me to stop as I have lost so much.[gone from a size 22 to 18] But also I can't 'see' that I have lost the weight, yes my clothes don't fit and I can move without getting out of breath. So its not just how you look that matters its how you feel, and at the moment I don't feel slim.

I have the same fears as it seems a lot of you have, getting the weight off is fine, Slimming World is great, I wish I'd known about it years ago! But I do worry as I'm close to target now, about keeping it off! :D

People around me keep telling me I'm fine now. This is clearly not true. I want to get to super-slim while I am "in the zone".

I'm 46 now - so no spring-chicken. I'm the lightest/slimmest I've been since pre-teen - that's a few oceans of water under a few zillion bridges!!!

I want to be fit at 50 - not fat at 50.

I sometimes question other people's motives/reasons for me to lose no more weight, or maybe I'm paranoid?

I am also paranoid about putting any of it back on, let alone all of it! - my recent Florida experience (9.5lb on in 2 weeks) shows the potential, although to be fair I did conscientiously decide to eat everything I wouldn't normally as it was pre-paid.

It always seems to be a fine line or balancing act really......

Steve

Back