Anyone a nurse here??

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by lottie*, 6 April 2008 Social URL.

1. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Just a curious question???

I tried lipotrim back in October when I was working on a ward and found it much harder to deal with back then due to shifts no routine etc, etc.

I have now been promoted as an infection control nurse which is 8-4 monday - friday and have found my first week soooooo much easier due to a more structured day. (its been horrible this weekend though haha cant wait to get back to work if am honest).

I suppose its worked out best for me, but do you other shiftworking nurses find it hard??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Im on call and can work anywhere from north to south UK to Spain at a moments notice so structuring my eating plan for the day or sometimes a week in advance can be a pain in the ass.:( x
    Not a nurse though.

4. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Anything unstructured can be hard work but you seem to have successful results good on you.

I just cant wait for the sun to come out and it start to get warmer.........no better motivation than that :)

5. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Im hoping im done before the summer I couldnt do with eating those soups in hot weather..Cant you do something around the house or garden to keep you occupied. Surley if you have a new job there is an elelment of extra studying to gen up on, bit of a long shot cant you bring work home:)

6. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Haha doubt I'd go as ar as bringing work home with me thats uneccessary, its an idea though.

I actually thought about working extra at the weekend to keep my mind off things as well as saving some/making some extra money.

Maybe thats the answer??

7. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    There ya go, then when ya done you and the fella can have a nice weekend away.

8. liannaP

liannaP Desires to be slim....

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hiya,

Im not a nusre but my job requires me to travel between Ireland & Leeds or London every two weeks and i';ve not had a problem with my shakes so far. I proudly told the fit guy at airport security that the empty shaker was for Lipotrim!!!! (Hopefully he will be working when i next go over!! LOL!)
    He did look at me like i was crazy tho......:rolleyes:

9. cappachino

cappachino Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    I tried this diet last year..I was doing shift work and found it really difficult to manage. I'm in a new job now working 9-5 and managing great.
    My friend is a student nurse at Aintree Hosp and she has said that he number of nurses on this programme in her work place is unbelievable...when my mum was in hospital for 3 months, i met lots of nurses and nursing assistants who had tried or was still on this or LL.
    To be honest, the nurses at the hospitals is where I first heard about this programme!

10. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I heard of it first time in work too.

Before I started my nurse training I was just under 9st, however I started my training and fell in love at the same time and became content. I was soooo happy but began to have trouble with my back as I put on weight, my main reason for doing this is due to my bad back :(

Like I said I did struggle more working shifts on the ward, however I am in a good place right now and in the best frame of mind to complete this :)

11. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm a nurse, I work 3 long days a week, but to be honest, I've not really struggled at all (doing cambridge diet).

12. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    How does the cambridge differ to LT??

13. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    its nicer:D

14. cappachino

cappachino Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    I think Lottie hit the nail on th head...u have got to be in a good place or the right frame of mind to complete this programme.

15. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    We must be all crackers I reckon, but the hard core sanctions, I think are worth it;)

16. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    arrrr yummmm hahahaa

17. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    :rotflmao: x

18. lostpolarbear

lostpolarbear Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    hey, im a nurse, i work in the community but i also work in the evenings. Some days im working 8.30am - 11pm. I find it hard to get the time to have all my milkshakes and sometimes i only have 1 a day! I know thats really bad and im working on it but its definitely hard when you work dodgy hours! In nursing you need all the energy you can get! I also find it hard to drink enuogh water as im out in the community and i dont like using patients loo's!!

19. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I know what you mean, I have had soooo much on in work today I only had my one shake at 8.30am then totally forgot. I had a lot on when I got home too so have only just finished my second shake. So naughty but I am keeping up with my water. I think I would faint without my water xx

20. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Lottie make sure you have em all pet;) xx

21. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Anno but its soooo hard sometimes, Ive only done this 3 days out of the 10 i have been on it. But I will try try try to take all 3 in future.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.