Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Anyone a nurse here??

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by lottie*, 6 April 2008 Social URL.

1. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Just a curious question???

I tried lipotrim back in October when I was working on a ward and found it much harder to deal with back then due to shifts no routine etc, etc.

I have now been promoted as an infection control nurse which is 8-4 monday - friday and have found my first week soooooo much easier due to a more structured day. (its been horrible this weekend though haha cant wait to get back to work if am honest).

I suppose its worked out best for me, but do you other shiftworking nurses find it hard??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Im on call and can work anywhere from north to south UK to Spain at a moments notice so structuring my eating plan for the day or sometimes a week in advance can be a pain in the ass.:( x
    Not a nurse though.

4. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Anything unstructured can be hard work but you seem to have successful results good on you.

I just cant wait for the sun to come out and it start to get warmer.........no better motivation than that :)

5. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Im hoping im done before the summer I couldnt do with eating those soups in hot weather..Cant you do something around the house or garden to keep you occupied. Surley if you have a new job there is an elelment of extra studying to gen up on, bit of a long shot cant you bring work home:)

6. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Haha doubt I'd go as ar as bringing work home with me thats uneccessary, its an idea though.

I actually thought about working extra at the weekend to keep my mind off things as well as saving some/making some extra money.

Maybe thats the answer??

7. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    There ya go, then when ya done you and the fella can have a nice weekend away.

8. liannaP

liannaP Desires to be slim....

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hiya,

Im not a nusre but my job requires me to travel between Ireland & Leeds or London every two weeks and i';ve not had a problem with my shakes so far. I proudly told the fit guy at airport security that the empty shaker was for Lipotrim!!!! (Hopefully he will be working when i next go over!! LOL!)
    He did look at me like i was crazy tho......:rolleyes:

9. cappachino

cappachino Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    I tried this diet last year..I was doing shift work and found it really difficult to manage. I'm in a new job now working 9-5 and managing great.
    My friend is a student nurse at Aintree Hosp and she has said that he number of nurses on this programme in her work place is unbelievable...when my mum was in hospital for 3 months, i met lots of nurses and nursing assistants who had tried or was still on this or LL.
    To be honest, the nurses at the hospitals is where I first heard about this programme!

10. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I heard of it first time in work too.

Before I started my nurse training I was just under 9st, however I started my training and fell in love at the same time and became content. I was soooo happy but began to have trouble with my back as I put on weight, my main reason for doing this is due to my bad back :(

Like I said I did struggle more working shifts on the ward, however I am in a good place right now and in the best frame of mind to complete this :)

11. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm a nurse, I work 3 long days a week, but to be honest, I've not really struggled at all (doing cambridge diet).

12. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    How does the cambridge differ to LT??

13. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    its nicer:D

14. cappachino

cappachino Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    I think Lottie hit the nail on th head...u have got to be in a good place or the right frame of mind to complete this programme.

15. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    We must be all crackers I reckon, but the hard core sanctions, I think are worth it;)

16. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    arrrr yummmm hahahaa

17. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    :rotflmao: x

18. lostpolarbear

lostpolarbear Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    hey, im a nurse, i work in the community but i also work in the evenings. Some days im working 8.30am - 11pm. I find it hard to get the time to have all my milkshakes and sometimes i only have 1 a day! I know thats really bad and im working on it but its definitely hard when you work dodgy hours! In nursing you need all the energy you can get! I also find it hard to drink enuogh water as im out in the community and i dont like using patients loo's!!

19. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I know what you mean, I have had soooo much on in work today I only had my one shake at 8.30am then totally forgot. I had a lot on when I got home too so have only just finished my second shake. So naughty but I am keeping up with my water. I think I would faint without my water xx

20. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Lottie make sure you have em all pet;) xx

21. lottie*

lottie* Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Anno but its soooo hard sometimes, Ive only done this 3 days out of the 10 i have been on it. But I will try try try to take all 3 in future.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.