Anyone aged 50+ had great success?

Oh these stories are soooo encouraging - keep them coming! x

Hi, im 55 and currently have lost 7st 4lb still a way to go to target but its coming off at 2-3lb a week.

I cant exercise a great deal as had a fall last year which left my knees seriously damaged and painful so the weightloss will probably slow down a bit as I get nearer to target.

What a massive achievement so far MFewings :D Inspirational! Hope you're really proud of yourself :wow:
I also hope your knees get better enough for you to do some exercise even if it's slow and gentle, and the more you lose the easier they will feel I'm sure ;) Keep us posted on your progress :D

:wavey:

Do any of you have/use a Wii Fit Plus? Any good?

Hi twinkletoes, I'm one of the 50+ ladies that Bess has rounded up :D I will be 56 on 1st June :eek: and want to get down to 10 stone. I am only 5'2" but I think if I go down to 9 something I am going to look like a wrinkled up, deflated balloon. The tops of my arms are looking a bit shoddy already!!!

I weighed this morning and I am 148 lbs, so 8 to go until target, which has to be reached by the end of May, in time for my youngest daughter's 21st, my 56th, then wedding/cruise frock shopping for July.

It is lovely to meet so many 50 somethings that are not quite ready for the twins-sets and pearls yet. I still wear makeup and eye up young men ;)

So nice to meet you all x

Hi twinkletoes, I'm one of the 50+ ladies that Bess has rounded up :D I will be 56 on 1st June :eek: and want to get down to 10 stone. I am only 5'2" but I think if I go down to 9 something I am going to look like a wrinkled up, deflated balloon. The tops of my arms are looking a bit shoddy already!!!

I weighed this morning and I am 148 lbs, so 8 to go until target, which has to be reached by the end of May, in time for my youngest daughter's 21st, my 56th, then wedding/cruise frock shopping for July.

It is lovely to meet so many 50 somethings that are not quite ready for the twins-sets and pearls yet. I still wear makeup and eye up young men ;)

So nice to meet you all x

Hiya Chelsea Lou :wavey:

Nice to meet you :D Thanks Bess :D

You are doing really well and your daughter is going to be sooo proud of you and come July everyone will appreciate all your hard work and see what an inspiration you are ;) particularly those 50+ folk at the wedding that 'wish' they could lose a few pounds ;)

8lbs to target, how exciting! Don't forget to post some pics on here of you in your Mother of The Bride fancy duds :) No twinsets and pearls :giggle:

Is the wedding happening on a ship then or is the cruise afterwards?

Do you exercise? I know what you mean about the tops of arms. Although not mottled, my arms can :wavey: on their own with very little effort needed on my part :eek:

Good luck and stay in touch and let us know whether your last 8 co-operate and disappear into the ether :D
x

hi, i'm 56 and lost 71/2 lb in my first week so i'm hoping that age is not a factor in not achieving goal weight. I'm sure with perseverance and support i will get to my goal, which I have deliberately set above the recomended BMI but will revise once I reach that goal.
Good luck to you. x

hi, i'm 56 and lost 71/2 lb in my first week so i'm hoping that age is not a factor in not achieving goal weight. I'm sure with perseverance and support i will get to my goal, which I have deliberately set above the recomended BMI but will revise once I reach that goal.
Good luck to you. x

Hey there ffynnon :wavey:

From what I'm gathering from here, age shouldn't be a barrier to any of us I'm so happy to say :woohoo: Some great tales of great losses :D so onwards and downwards to us all :0icanfly:

I've set mini goals for myself so that I didn't feel daunted :eek: by what I had/have to lose :scale: and so I too revise as I go along :D

I like your Whit Sunday ticker, never thought of doing that. I will probably copy ;)

Keep updating us on how you're doing :secret:

Hiya Chelsea Lou :wavey:

Nice to meet you :D Thanks Bess :D

You are doing really well and your daughter is going to be sooo proud of you and come July everyone will appreciate all your hard work and see what an inspiration you are ;) particularly those 50+ folk at the wedding that 'wish' they could lose a few pounds ;)

8lbs to target, how exciting! Don't forget to post some pics on here of you in your Mother of The Bride fancy duds :) No twinsets and pearls :giggle:

Is the wedding happening on a ship then or is the cruise afterwards?

Do you exercise? I know what you mean about the tops of arms. Although not mottled, my arms can :wavey: on their own with very little effort needed on my part :eek:

Good luck and stay in touch and let us know whether your last 8 co-operate and disappear into the ether :D
x
Hiya, yes, daughter is getting married on board the Ventura. We sail on 23rd July and they marry at sea on 25th. Very excited as most of us going haven't cruised before.

Have seen a dress for the wedding but haven't gone to try it on yet as I wanted to get to my goal weight and hopefully be in a size 12 by then :D I will definitely post some pics when I get back.......if I can find any decent ones. The camera absolutely hates me with a passion :sigh:

I have bought myself one of those shaker weights to try and tone up the arms properly. I took it out of its box 3 weeks ago, when it was delivered and have yet to put on the instructional dvd. What am I like?

Nice to meet you too and will keep in touch x

I am 59 and reached target in February having lost just over 1.5 stone and now weigh 7st 8lb (WI this morning). I'm really short and small boned so it's as far as I plan to go, even though from 18 - 35+ I weighed no more than 6st 7lb! Definitely don't want to go there again - I must have looked all skin and bone!!!

Denise

I am 59 and reached target in February having lost just over 1.5 stone and now weigh 7st 8lb (WI this morning). I'm really short and small boned so it's as far as I plan to go, even though from 18 - 35+ I weighed no more than 6st 7lb! Definitely don't want to go there again - I must have looked all skin and bone!!!

Denise
Blimmin' heck Denise, you are tiny. I am an inch taller than you and did look positively anorexic at 7st 10lbs when I was 30. I was that weight for about a week after a really horrible broken-heart episode. My fighting weight as a young girl/woman was about 8st 7lbs but at my age that would look too horrific I feel.

I'll be happy to be a size 12 which is about 8lbs away, 14s are getting slightly loose so should be ok.

Well done on your weight-loss :D

Hiya, yes, daughter is getting married on board the Ventura. We sail on 23rd July and they marry at sea on 25th. Very excited as most of us going haven't cruised before.

Have seen a dress for the wedding but haven't gone to try it on yet as I wanted to get to my goal weight and hopefully be in a size 12 by then :D I will definitely post some pics when I get back.......if I can find any decent ones. The camera absolutely hates me with a passion :sigh:

I have bought myself one of those shaker weights to try and tone up the arms properly. I took it out of its box 3 weeks ago, when it was delivered and have yet to put on the instructional dvd. What am I like?

Nice to meet you too and will keep in touch x

A wedding cruise :love047: ahh how romantic :serenade:
Well the camera's going to love the 'new you' :D

What's a shaker weight Lorrayne? Sounds like something James Bond would use :D I'm getting one of those Slendertone machine's, hope it works cos I can't do the usual sit ups or crunches to tone the old bread basket, so am hoping this machine is all it's cracked up to be.

Mo x

Denise

Well done joedenise :D Reaching target must be great, can't wait to find out, when I decide what my target is, haha ;) Are you a 'Maintainer' then? Don't forget to leave any hints and tips for us mid life types still on the journey ;)

Mo x

A wedding cruise :love047: ahh how romantic :serenade:
Well the camera's going to love the 'new you' :D

What's a shaker weight Lorrayne? Sounds like something James Bond would use :D I'm getting one of those Slendertone machine's, hope it works cos I can't do the usual sit ups or crunches to tone the old bread basket, so am hoping this machine is all it's cracked up to be.

Mo x
lol, a shaker weight is a 2lb dumbell, which you shake to get more from it, trouble is I will have to remember how many reps I do for one arm, otherwise I could end up lopsided hahaha.

My DD2, who is getting married, had a slendertone belt years ago and I was sitting on the floor, resting against the sofa, trying it out and couldn't feel very much happening. I asked her to turn it up to a high setting and suddenly lurched forwards, a bit like that bunny-boiler chick in Fatal Attraction coming up out of the bath. It was so funny and it blinking well hurt!!!!!!!!!! I don't think she bothered with it after that..........I certainly didn't :D Let me know what you think of it xx

lol, a shaker weight is a 2lb dumbell, which you shake to get more from it, trouble is I will have to remember how many reps I do for one arm, otherwise I could end up lopsided hahaha.

My DD2, who is getting married, had a slendertone belt years ago and I was sitting on the floor, resting against the sofa, trying it out and couldn't feel very much happening. I asked her to turn it up to a high setting and suddenly lurched forwards, a bit like that bunny-boiler chick in Fatal Attraction coming up out of the bath. It was so funny and it blinking well hurt!!!!!!!!!! I don't think she bothered with it after that..........I certainly didn't :D Let me know what you think of it xx

:8855: I shouldn't laugh but that was funny, I can just imagine it, boi...oi..oing :giggle:
Will keep you updated ;) I actually added a new thread in Off Topic asking if anyone had tried it before but hadn't had any replies as of last evening. Not looked yet today. Will go take a peek just now and report back if anything of interest :D

Lol, glad you could see the funny side :D Obviously it does something to the muscles as the bigger current really triggered a muscular spasm on a mahoosive scale!!! I usually can't do a sit-up to save my life but I bl**dy well did one that day hahahaha.

Let me know if you get any feedback on the other forum xxx

Hey Chelsea Lou :wavey:

You must have looked so very funny at that moment :giggle:

Sorry for my tardiness, but been sooo busy :)
The other forum replies basically said not worth it :sigh: but as I haven't had any negative feelings (so far so good) then I shall continue with it. I have upped my walking & do cycling when I can. Also found an old step machine which I've been using too, so all combined there should be some benefit I guess, even if it's just for my stamina :p
I want to do the c25k but as road running did for my knees in the first place I may not manage it, but am determined to give it a go once I get a bit fitter overall :)
Had no loss at this weeks weigh in but I measured myself for the first time since the start of SW and I have lost 3" from my waist :wow:
Hope all is well with you :D

Hey Chelsea Lou :wavey:

You must have looked so very funny at that moment :giggle:

Sorry for my tardiness, but been sooo busy :)
The other forum replies basically said not worth it :sigh: but as I haven't had any negative feelings (so far so good) then I shall continue with it. I have upped my walking & do cycling when I can. Also found an old step machine which I've been using too, so all combined there should be some benefit I guess, even if it's just for my stamina :p
I want to do the c25k but as road running did for my knees in the first place I may not manage it, but am determined to give it a go once I get a bit fitter overall :)
Had no loss at this weeks weigh in but I measured myself for the first time since the start of SW and I have lost 3" from my waist :wow:
Hope all is well with you :D
I am sure with all the other bits of equipment, you will soon see some results. It doesn't really matter what you use or do it is keeping at it that is the key and 3" off your waist is terrific. A dress size or two thats for sure. Well done you!!! :D Who was it that said 3" wasn't worth having? ;)

I hope your day was good. Mine was work as usual and now just chilling out watching Home and Away.......what a saddo? lol

xxx

Well it was the best 3" I've ever had and lost ;)
I seem to be down from an 18 to a comfortable 16 in jeans, not had the guts to look at a 14 yet, but not long off me thinks :)
Top half is definitely still an 18 but would be quite happy for it to shrink too. I hate having big jiggly bits :banana dancer:
:8855:
Spent the morning in the garden and the afternoon at a playbarn with the LO (3.5yrs). Was all good fun until he fell off the trampoline :( Bless him, he did cry :cry: Said he hurt his back, which wasn't even red, but said his face was ok, which has the makings of a cracking bruise :rolleyes: Was back on again 10mins later though, so not too bad ;)
Hope your programme was good and you enjoy the rest of your evening :D
I love this forum, it's great to be able to see what other folk are up to and get help, hints & tips to make the best of ourselves.

Well it was the best 3" I've ever had and lost ;)
I seem to be down from an 18 to a comfortable 16 in jeans, not had the guts to look at a 14 yet, but not long off me thinks :)
Top half is definitely still an 18 but would be quite happy for it to shrink too. I hate having big jiggly bits :banana dancer:
:8855:
Spent the morning in the garden and the afternoon at a playbarn with the LO (3.5yrs). Was all good fun until he fell off the trampoline :( Bless him, he did cry :cry: Said he hurt his back, which wasn't even red, but said his face was ok, which has the makings of a cracking bruise :rolleyes: Was back on again 10mins later though, so not too bad ;)
Hope your programme was good and you enjoy the rest of your evening :D
I love this forum, it's great to be able to see what other folk are up to and get help, hints & tips to make the best of ourselves.

Aww poor little one, hope he is ok. And yay to being nearly in a 14. I am sure that another week or two and you'll be there :D

Love the bit about the 3" ;) Made me laugh out loud.

Yes, I love this forum too. It is a comfort to know that I am not the only nutter that has a problem with food/weight/self-image etc. People on here have pulled me back from the brink of sod it so many times, and I really appreciate that.

Enjoy the rest of your evening my lovely xx

Hi twinkletoes, hope you are well. It's been a bit quiet on here so thought I'd give it a bump up :D

Have a good Friday x

Back