Anyone aged 50+ had great success?

Hi twinkletoes, hope you are well. It's been a bit quiet on here so thought I'd give it a bump up :D

Have a good Friday x

Hey Hey Chelsea Lou :wavey:

How the heck are you? :D What're you upto this weekend?

It has been quiet hasn't it. Maybe the other 50+ers aren't interested in 'coming out' and admitting it :D:D It can be hard but not painful or deadly so I believe :giggle: Maybe if they wear disguises no-one will know it's them :8855:

Well I re-read some of my last posts on here and guess what....more injuries!...last Saturday he only went and whacked his right thumb with a hammer didn't he :eek: :( Poor wee mite he was really :cry: He will probably lose the nail, which cud cause a whole set of new problems for his little mind to get around. He's since caught it a couple of times & starts it bleeding again :eek: Thomas The Tank Engine plasters are magic tho' ;) They "stop the hurt" awww :)
Had to take him to the dr on Tuesday as it suddenly swelled up, so he's got some anti biotic medicine to take 2tsps x4 a day for 7 days. I reckon it must be the vilest medicine in the world! :sign0137: I have never tasted any medicine so bad, I remember when it used to taste of banana milkshake, lol. Had to give him a bit of honey with each spoon bless him.
But....his stomach really doesn't like it and he has had terrible poops. Called the dr who said to cut it down to twice a day, and give him a bio yoghurt after he's had the stuff. That helps apparently, but we'l see.

Well we've got a farmers market in town tomorrow, so looking forward to going to see what delights they have. It's only here about once a month and it's not very big at the best of times but even less so if it's raining, so will be doing my sun dance later :stickdance: It's so nice to get some reasonably priced organic goodies, and some you don't get in the shops either like old english apples for example. :gimi::gimi: :giggle:
There's also a car boot sale at nursery so will go there first to show support but don't really want to buy anything after just getting rid of stuff myself, but you know what little people can be like when something catches their beady eyes :rolleyes:

Well it's bath, book & bedtime for my little person, so ttfn
Mo x

Ooh poor thing.....he's been in the wars but being well looked after by the sounds of it and.....Thomas plasters are just the best. Magical powers like no other :D

Tomorrow I am helping out at the local Cricket club, laying on the teas for the guys. Weather permitting of course. Rain has been forecast so we shall see. That will take up most of the afternoon. Probably cajole/bully/bribe myself to do some housework in the morning.

Other than that, nothing exciting planned. Did my shopping this evening, so not even that to look forward to :rolleyes:

Perhaps all the other 50+ ladies are having early nights..........or out clubbing lol lol.

Have a fab weekend sweetie

xx

Hey :D

My sun dance worked! The forecast earlier said rain tomorrow, but now it says fine :woohoo: lol
May try the dance every night now :stickdance:
Hmm, maybe alternate nights, don't want to get worn out :8855:

I'd like to think the others are having early nights and I'm the one with the energy to sit here and type :rotflmao: Where's my Hariborange juice :eatdrink017: Better replace the battery pack in my electric zimmer and go to bed ready for my action packed day tomorrow :whacky068:

Goodnight :zz:

Well I hope everyone is well and being 'good' :wavey:
I need some advice please; I am 'going through the change' and I feel bloated as if *week is imminent, but nothing now for 2 months - gr8 & annoying at the same time :confused:
I haven't lost any weight now for 4 weeks and I have been on plan :mad:
Is there anything I can do or do I resign myself to simply letting mother nature take her course? It's getting difficult to stay motivated :sigh:

I need some advice please; I am 'going through the change' and I feel bloated as if *week is imminent, but nothing now for 2 months - gr8 & annoying at the same time :confused:
Is there anything I can do or do I resign myself to simply letting mother nature take her course? It's getting difficult to stay motivated :sigh:
Hiya hun, I'm being reasonably good, just sort of maintaining with 7lbs or so to go.

My menopause was a bit different to the norm as I had a hysterectomy in 1996 but still had my ovaries. When they started packing up a couple of years later I was put on HRT, which I only came off two years ago, so my change wasn't really a natural one. I do understand about the * week symptoms as I get them, even cramps (?) when I think I would have been due. Nothing like what they used to be like, where I could kill anyone and everyone but there all the same. I quite often say to folk that if I was still having them it would be this week. HRT could be an option if you wanted to try and alleviate or delay the symptoms but I reckon you would still get some of it at a later date. Just stick with it. At least you won't pile on lbs by trying to stay on track.

It's like being a teenager with all the angst but with the hornymones going in reverse. Put a menopausal woman and a 15 year old together and there's no difference lol.

Funny how life goes the full circle, incontinent, dribbling, can't talk, no teeth, can't hold your own head up, have to be fed, wear a bib, have to be pushed around in a pushchair, walking with a baby walker - hormones kick in, anger, tantrums, spots, moodiness, crying for no reason - hormones decline, anger, tantrums, spots, moodiness, crying for no reason - incontinence, dribbling, can't talk (sensibly), no teeth, can't hold your own head up, have to be fed, wear a hanky on your shoulder to mop up the dribbling walking with a zimmer frame, have to be pushed around in a wheelchair!!! Oh the joys :D:D

Hiya hun, I'm being reasonably good, just sort of maintaining with 7lbs or so to go.

My menopause was a bit different to the norm as I had a hysterectomy in 1996 but still had my ovaries. When they started packing up a couple of years later I was put on HRT, which I only came off two years ago, so my change wasn't really a natural one. I do understand about the * week symptoms as I get them, even cramps (?) when I think I would have been due. Nothing like what they used to be like, where I could kill anyone and everyone but there all the same. I quite often say to folk that if I was still having them it would be this week. HRT could be an option if you wanted to try and alleviate or delay the symptoms but I reckon you would still get some of it at a later date. Just stick with it. At least you won't pile on lbs by trying to stay on track.

It's like being a teenager with all the angst but with the hornymones going in reverse. Put a menopausal woman and a 15 year old together and there's no difference lol.

Funny how life goes the full circle, incontinent, dribbling, can't talk, no teeth, can't hold your own head up, have to be fed, wear a bib, have to be pushed around in a pushchair, walking with a baby walker - hormones kick in, anger, tantrums, spots, moodiness, crying for no reason - hormones decline, anger, tantrums, spots, moodiness, crying for no reason - incontinence, dribbling, can't talk (sensibly), no teeth, can't hold your own head up, have to be fed, wear a hanky on your shoulder to mop up the dribbling walking with a zimmer frame, have to be pushed around in a wheelchair!!! Oh the joys :D:D

Oh bless you Chelsea Lou for making me laugh aloud :rotflmao:
I do still feel like I could commit gbh :mad: but am better at reigning it in :p
Do you think the bloating will dissipate until next month or will it be variable you reckon? Do you get that? The only good thing (so far) that has happened is I'm not as spotty as I was. Had acne most of the time but worse around the time of the month, including awful boil type spots :( A small silver lining, but I'l take any :D

Oh bless you Chelsea Lou for making me laugh aloud :rotflmao:
I do still feel like I could commit gbh :mad: but am better at reigning it in :p
Do you think the bloating will dissipate until next month or will it be variable you reckon? Do you get that? The only good thing (so far) that has happened is I'm not as spotty as I was. Had acne most of the time but worse around the time of the month, including awful boil type spots :( A small silver lining, but I'l take any :D
I do still get bloating but it comes and goes, also my bowel has got irritable, as have I lol which seems to be par for the course at our age. Sorry, it does get better, so don't want you to despair too much. Just one of those phases we have to go through. My main bug bear is feeling so bloody hot all the time. All through the last two winters, snow on the ground etc and I had my bedroom windows wide open, no nightclothes on and the duvet on the floor........phew!! Thank God there was no man next to me to make me feel even sweatier eh?

Made myself laugh with the last post, so glad you share my stupid sense of humour sweetie xx

I do still get bloating but it comes and goes, also my bowel has got irritable, as have I lol which seems to be par for the course at our age. Sorry, it does get better, so don't want you to despair too much. Just one of those phases we have to go through. My main bug bear is feeling so bloody hot all the time. All through the last two winters, snow on the ground etc and I had my bedroom windows wide open, no nightclothes on and the duvet on the floor........phew!! Thank God there was no man next to me to make me feel even sweatier eh?

Made myself laugh with the last post, so glad you share my stupid sense of humour sweetie xx

Oh yeah the blooming night sweats, although not necessarily confined to nights eh. Definitely handy in the cold weather tho' :D
I understand what you mean about a bloke next to you, my hubby is also internally heated due I'm sure to his years of working outdoors - you know how you get hot at night after getting sunburnt - so I think he's appreciative of my kicking the covers off instead of pulling the covers up to my neck haha (not as saucy as it sounds :rotflmao:) :rolleyes: I have a little 'fan' that I sit with in the evening that was a dvd box sleeve, very effective, silent and free lol but a floor fan is on all night in the bedroom ;)
Glad to hear I'm not 'lost' to the forces yet, thanks Chelsea xx :D

Oh yeah the blooming night sweats, although not necessarily confined to nights eh. Definitely handy in the cold weather tho' :D Cor I know!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hot cold hot cold all through the day too
I understand what you mean about a bloke next to you, my hubby is also internally heated due I'm sure to his years of working outdoors - you know how you get hot at night after getting sunburnt - so I think he's appreciative of my kicking the covers off instead of pulling the covers up to my neck haha (not as saucy as it sounds :rotflmao:) :rolleyes: I have a little 'fan' that I sit with in the evening that was a dvd box sleeve, very effective, silent and free lol but a floor fan is on all night in the bedroom ;)
Glad to hear I'm not 'lost' to the forces yet, thanks Chelsea xx :D
Big lol...........I understand about the internal heat, I feel like there is a furnace within....shame my libido isn't running 'hot' though. Would rather have a nice cuppa and read a book these days hahahaha :D:eek: xx

Big lol...........I understand about the internal heat, I feel like there is a furnace within....shame my libido isn't running 'hot' though. Would rather have a nice cuppa and read a book these days hahahaha :D:eek: xx

:8855: ahh, a good ol' cuppa ;)

Ah ha!! So that's why I find it difficult to lose weight!!! What a wonderful excuse, whoops I mean reason ! Yippee, thanks Twinkletoes, you've made my day!

On a more serious note, I am sorry that you feel pants. I should just plod on and hope for some better results soon. :)

My mum found that dandelion tea really helped with the bloating etc, work wonders for water retention

My mum found that dandelion tea really helped with the bloating etc, work wonders for water retention

Gin's much better....:D

Sorry, too clever by half - must be the whiskey!

Girls, Girls, Girls !!!! I have been lauging out loud reading this. Only just found it. Chelsea & Bess why didn't you tell me about it?

I'll try to do a not too tedious reply to lots of bts of this thread.

Me - I'm 56 in August (& proudly admit it on my profile). Started SW in 2006 when we moved to Spain weighing 16 st 7 lbs. Took 12 months to lose 2 st doing it on my own and gave up 'cos I was bored and had no support (I don't think Minis existed then).

Put some on, lost it again but basically maintained for almost 3 years but then put 7 lbs on over last Xmas & New Year so decided to hit the trail again to lose another 3.5 stone. Lost almost 2 stone since xmas - so a total of 3.5 stone to date. Currently a bit stuck - hey ho. Have recently revised my target though to stop just below 12 st. At 5'7" (and a bit) I will be okay at this weight and like Chelsea said - if I go any lower I will probably look scraggy! and I'm already having trouble getting rid of the saggy bingo wings on my arms.

Got from a 22 rear end to a 16 (my NSV this week) - been in a 16 top for a while but don't seem to be reducing as much there! I always said a size 16 bum would do me fine!

Re menopause - I had a full hysterectomy in 1991 and was put on HRT. Tried to come off it when I was 50 but having to put the aircon on in the middle of winter whilst running a training session with all the delegates shivering was too much so I went back on again. Finally quit 18 months ago. Coming off was a nightmare - like doing cold turkey off heroine (not that I've ever tried !!!). Yes night sweats (also with hubby who is NEVER cold next to me), yes day sweats, now got horrid dry skin after years of greasy spots. Yuk. And yes I bloated - plus alternating DGs and constipation for months. Pants isn't it? But it will pass eventually. So do not give up on SW.

Don't do make-up or lippy (wish I could to fill out my thinning lips) as I'm allergic even to the hypoalergenic stuff. Used to dye my hair (gingery), now can't afford it on my measly pension.

And please will you stop doing your sun dance? You have nicked all my Spanish sun. It's bloomin' freezin here at the mo. Got the swimsuits and sarongs out in April when it was glorious and I've had to put jeans and socks back on for the last 5 days. So just stop it!

Oh and the other thing about being old - I don't sleep very well any more. That's why I'm still here at 04:52 CET talking to no-one on Minis.

Have a nice day y'all - and thanks for all the giggles.

Girls, Girls, Girls !!!! I have been lauging out loud reading this. Only just found it. Chelsea & Bess why didn't you tell me about it?

Me - I'm 56 in August (& proudly admit it on my profile). Started SW in 2006 when we moved to Spain weighing 16 st 7 lbs. Took 12 months to lose 2 st doing it on my own and gave up 'cos I was bored and had no support (I don't think Minis existed then).

Put some on, lost it again but basically maintained for almost 3 years but then put 7 lbs on over last Xmas & New Year so decided to hit the trail again to lose another 3.5 stone. Lost almost 2 stone since xmas - so a total of 3.5 stone to date. Currently a bit stuck - hey ho. Have recently revised my target though to stop just below 12 st. At 5'7" (and a bit) I will be okay at this weight and like Chelsea said - if I go any lower I will probably look scraggy! and I'm already having trouble getting rid of the saggy bingo wings on my arms.

Got from a 22 rear end to a 16 (my NSV this week) - been in a 16 top for a while but don't seem to be reducing as much there! I always said a size 16 bum would do me fine!

Re menopause - I had a full hysterectomy in 1991 and was put on HRT. Tried to come off it when I was 50 but having to put the aircon on in the middle of winter whilst running a training session with all the delegates shivering was too much so I went back on again. Finally quit 18 months ago. Coming off was a nightmare - like doing cold turkey off heroine (not that I've ever tried !!!). Yes night sweats (also with hubby who is NEVER cold next to me), yes day sweats, now got horrid dry skin after years of greasy spots. Yuk. And yes I bloated - plus alternating DGs and constipation for months. Pants isn't it? But it will pass eventually. So do not give up on SW.

Don't do make-up or lippy (wish I could to fill out my thinning lips) as I'm allergic even to the hypoalergenic stuff. Used to dye my hair (gingery), now can't afford it on my measly pension.

And please will you stop doing your sun dance? You have nicked all my Spanish sun. It's bloomin' freezin here at the mo. Got the swimsuits and sarongs out in April when it was glorious and I've had to put jeans and socks back on for the last 5 days. So just stop it!

Oh and the other thing about being old - I don't sleep very well any more. That's why I'm still here at 04:52 CET talking to no-one on Minis.

Oh Pommette :D Thank you for the early morning :giggle:

You have done amazingly well :0clapper: and give me hope to carry on (isn't that a song?! :rolleyes:)

I gave up on the sun dance last week when it was hailing here. Yes hailing in 'flaming June'!! :cry: so it must be some other gremlin spoiling your beach party I'm afraid :p

I actually lost a 1/2lb this week (weigh in this morn) but that's only because I was violently :9529: about half 12 last night :( but I'l take it anyway I can :sigh: Feel better this morn tho' :)

Wishing you a lovely day ;)
Mo x

OLD? OLD? :mad: At 55?!!! I don't think so. :D

I don't sleep well either, so I suppose that must be 'my age'! Huh! Thankfully no other symptons at all apart from the end of * weeks and that's a relief!

I am much younger than you, at only 55 in August :eek: :rolleyes:. But I keep it a dark secret, after all there are only several million people who could read this diary aren't there?!

Umm what's :eek: DG's?

Nope, sorry can't stop the sun dance - worked a treat yesterday! Such a shame you can't wear your swim suit and sarong and have had to don jeans and a wooly jumper......:rolleyes:....would you like me to send you some mittens? :D :8855::raincloud:

Sorry hun, thought you knew about it. Anyway, you do now so no excuses eh? :D
You are never tedious Bev.........never!!

My arms and chest are absolutely killing trying to get my floppy wings to firm up a bit, something is happening though as my chest muscles are sore, so might get a bit of an uplift so that boobs aren't round my knees lol.

Lol at the aircon in the middle of winter........so know that feeling :D When I was fully on CD and in ketosis it was great as you feel the cold on CD so my temperature was just right for a few months. One good thing about a vlcd I guess :)

We haven't got your sun Bev........cold and miserable here. Have you tried the French? They might have it!! :D
A good night's sleep.......hrmmph.......what's one of those pray? I used to be able to sleep for England, and at the drop of a hat. My mum thought I was dead once, when I was about 15. She couldn't wake me no matter what she tried :eek: They do say that older people need less sleep and I am beginning to find that out for myself.
I hope that anyone who is in their early 40s isn't reading this and thinking that life isn't worth having once you hit 50 because that really isn't true.....is it girls?! There are just a few challenges to face from a physical point of view. We do still know how to have fun, misbehave ourselves sometimes, and being able to embarass one's children/grandchildren is brilliant :D:8855:

OLD? OLD? :mad: At 55?!!! I don't think so. :D

I am much younger than you, at only 55 in August :eek: :rolleyes:. But I keep it a dark secret, after all there are only several million people who could read this diary aren't there?!
Aw Bess, I am a whole pregnancy older than you, so when I came into the world you were just being conceived..........there's a thought :D

There was a lady at the meeting on Monday who has reached target and celebrated her 60th birthday, if I remember rightly she had lost 6 stone in 6 months. Hugs Crystal xx

Back