8 1/2 stone journey - 11 month to target

That’s great little miss, unfortunately for me my starting weight was so much higher than yours that I think my skin is stretched for good - arms, thighs and tum/ hips. If all ticks in though!
Saw a friend today I haven’t seen for a 6 weeks or so , the first thing she said was “you’ve vanished “ so it must be working !

You might be surprised, some of your floppy skin might just go.

It’s a great feeling when you see someone you’ve not seen for a while isn’t it and they comment on how much good you look. I’ve had it a lot since I’ve been away. I’m seeing lots of friends I’ve not seen for a year and they are all commenting.

Binks - I'm following you down! I love having people like you there ahead to inspire me.

I'm not sure where my end goal is. Somewhere between 13-10 stone. It will depend on how I look, and how my face looks. I'm 60 next year and don't want to look haggard. I wasn't to be at least size 14 or lower, and shop in "normal" shops.

Binks - I'm following you down! I love having people like you there ahead to inspire me.

I'm not sure where my end goal is. Somewhere between 13-10 stone. It will depend on how I look, and how my face looks. I'm 60 next year and don't want to look haggard. I wasn't to be at least size 14 or lower, and shop in "normal" shops.

Hi there aligal
Thank you ☺️I’ve now lost 60 pounds in exactly 4 calendar months so feeling chuffed as I’m now half way. Target 2 is to lose 40 lbs by jan 1st. Target 3 to lose 20lbs between 1st jan and 1april. What did you start at ?

16 lbs lost on lazy keto. I did well Nov & Dec - but had some serious personal issues this jan-april so gained, then lost again. Now - 19lbs shed on vcld in 5 weeks. Somehow the complete disruption of a vcld helps me focus. I'm aiming to loose at least 80lbs more, by Xmas, I hope, if I can do +16lbs a months.

So went on holiday last two weeks and managed ( somehow ) to maintain , now lost 62 pounds . On my way to 100 by new year !

How have you got on in the last month Aligal??

How have you got on in the last month Aligal??
13lbs the last month. I am a daily weigher, and track my weight on Fitday, a free account that shows where you vs yr goal. Very useful! I'm 1.5lbs above where I'd like to be. However the overall direction and speed is still so good, that I can't be grumpy!

13lbs the last month. I am a daily weigher, and track my weight on Fitday, a free account that shows where you vs yr goal. Very useful! I'm 1.5lbs above where I'd like to be. However the overall direction and speed is still so good, that I can't be grumpy!

That’s amazing !! Well done , I too have mini targets - sometimes I’m over and sometimes under but it all evens out. 13 pounds in a month is great - I lost a stone a month for the first 4 months but now only expect to lose 10lb a month till new year - then 7 lb a month till easter - then I should get at target!! Going back to work is a killer as I’m hungrier in the mornings whilst fasting , but I’m hoping my tum will adapt in the next few weeks !

Ps thanks - I will look for the fit day app

It's free on line on my laptop.

Back at work , it’s frezing here up north. I couldn’t sleep last night I was so cold and had heating on tonight. Cold at work too, wearing a fleece over other clothes and still freezing hands and nose.

Upshot of being cold is that I am starving and eating about 1450 instead of 1200 a day - I’d like to think I was burning it to keep warm , but as I’m not warm I don’t think that’s happening !

Awe I totally loved reading this diary. You have done so well and nearly brought a tear to my eye when u said 'this is my LAST fat summer' I can't remember not ever having a slim summer or Christmas or anything have always been obese really and I'm so annoyed at myself for ruining my body. I started 2 weeks ago at 18stone 6 and today I'm 17stone 8.9lbs which I'm ecstatic at and I'm buzzing to keep going. Feeling so in the zone but I've ruined myself so much that I'll still have flabby skin and varicose veins and fear I'll still cover up next summer when I'm hopefully around 10stone.

Best of luck. I'll keep popping in and seeing your progress :)

You’ve gotta remember , if you can tuck it in, it doesn’t matter !!
I started heavier than you and have so far dropped from bmi 41.7 to 31.6 and aiming for about 22. Even though I’m still theoretically still very fat I feel slim, enjoy the journey!! Only list 4.5 pounds this month due to holidays etc. Need to get back into losing ten pounds a month

Hi there Aligal Tangerine Mini disappearing Di little miss and anyone else following me

I have REALLY struggled since returning from holidays on 1 Sep. It’s taken me 6 weeks to lose ten pounds , with the first four weeks only losing a pound or less .
I was getting so despondent I started running 3 weeks ago and that seems to have kick started me again as I lost 2lb last week and 2.64lb this week!!!
So - 10 pounds in 6 weeks gets me today to ........70 pounds /5 stone !!!! In exactly 6 months today. So pleased with self, bmi is now around 30.7 ( if you know me you also know I don’t know my weight , I guessed a starting weight and am told each week at gym how much I’ve lost!!)

I’ve gone from a size 22/24 to a 16 bottom 18 top. Lost eleven inches off my waist !!!
Was hoping to lose 100 pounds by 31/12 but may need to revise that target to 90 . And final 8 1/2 stone target to mid May . Which will be 13 months after I started.
In three weeks I’ve gone from never running to doing 5 k in 38 minutes . My knees hurt the whole way but not the next day so I’m sure I’ll be ok!! Just shows that hiit excercise daily for 6 months plus weights has actually made me fit!!
Blood pressure is now 110/60 (previously 140/90)

To anyone out there reading this who thinks they can’t do it and needs surgery , you don’t !! Cut your carbs . Cut your calories . 30 minute interval excercise a day, weights 3 times a week and you’ll do it.

At this point the phrase ‘summer bodies are made in winter ‘ is becoming my mantra . I won’t just be thin by next summer, I’ll have a great body with a low fat % and a high muscle % that will keep my metabolism at a high enough level for maintenance .

😘🎉🎉🎉 thanks for reading xxxx

Hello Bunks

Loved reading ur update. You are such an inspiration. It's hard getting back into the swing of things after a holiday but glad to see you've got ur mojo back.

I try to run. My 5k time is about 55mins or it was the last time I done it. I only have 45mins in the morning to work out and am averaging about 4.5k in that time so looking like a 50mim 5k and I've been trying for 4weeks lol! Hopefully if I keep going and the weight comes off I should perhaps find it easier and start chipping away at the time.

Hope to read another update from u soon :)

Have a good week x

Hello Bunks

Loved reading ur update. You are such an inspiration. It's hard getting back into the swing of things after a holiday but glad to see you've got ur mojo back.

I try to run. My 5k time is about 55mins or it was the last time I done it. I only have 45mins in the morning to work out and am averaging about 4.5k in that time so looking like a 50mim 5k and I've been trying for 4weeks lol! Hopefully if I keep going and the weight comes off I should perhaps find it easier and start chipping away at the time.

Hope to read another update from u soon :)

Have a good week x

Thanks tangerine x

Big news from me today. After not knowing my weight for 6 months I accidentally looked down at the scales today during an unscheduled weigh in ( normal weigh in is Sunday am not Friday teatime !)
Guess what ?!?!?!
I was half a stone less than I have spent the last 6 months thinking I am!!!

So , contrary to my post last week , I WILL make my target of 10 1/2 st ( bmi 22.5) by next April . It’s a gift from above !! I feel like I’ve lost half a stone overnight !!! Now I just have to lose 3 more stone in 6 months AND overnight I’ve moved from obese to overweight !! I’m sure even if it slows down that I can manage 7 pounds a month.
So, that’s my news.. all this time I was worried about finding out I weigh more than I thought and it turns out I weigh less!!
So, need to change my list title to Ine year to lose 8 stone!!

Back