Anyone aged 50+ had great success?

We haven't got your sun Bev........cold and miserable here. Have you tried the French? They might have it!!

:rotflmao: Always best to blame someone else I find ;)

I hope that anyone who is in their early 40s isn't reading this and thinking that life isn't worth having once you hit 50 because that really isn't true.....is it girls?! There are just a few challenges to face from a physical point of view. We do still know how to have fun, misbehave ourselves sometimes, and being able to embarass one's children/grandchildren is brilliant

I think I'm probably one of the youngest in this thread - a mere 50 in September - but the bod is kicking back with a vengeance :sigh: but can't 'afford' to be 'old' as I'm actually raising my grandson and need all the energy I can gather. Feel like going to bed before him sometimes lol :eek: He's 4 next month & has an ASD so it's all go. Really lucky he sleeps al night tho' bless him :woohoo:

Ooh it's not raining yay :D Mind you we have gr8 fun when it is - on with the wellies & waterproofs for a bit of puddle jumping ;)

We haven't got your sun Bev........cold and miserable here. Have you tried the French? They might have it!!

You always know that the sun is going to disappear......as soon as Wimbledon and Queens tennis tournaments are underway. I think it is a conspiracy by other nations so that we don't produce a winner :D
I hope that anyone who is in their early 40s isn't reading this and thinking that life isn't worth having once you hit 50 because that really isn't true.....is it girls?! There are just a few challenges to face from a physical point of view. We do still know how to have fun, misbehave ourselves sometimes, and being able to embarass one's children/grandchildren is brilliant

I think I'm probably one of the youngest in this thread - a mere 50 in September - but the bod is kicking back with a vengeance :sigh: but can't 'afford' to be 'old' as I'm actually raising my grandson and need all the energy I can gather. Feel like going to bed before him sometimes lol :eek: He's 4 next month & has an ASD so it's all go. Really lucky he sleeps al night tho' bless him :woohoo:
Wow. Well done you!!! I can't cope with my 2 year old twin grand-daughters for more than an hour. I am totally knackered. Bless 'em. Absolutely no chance of you being able to grow old and put your feet up!! :Dxx
Ooh it's not raining yay :D Mind you we have gr8 fun when it is - on with the wellies & waterproofs for a bit of puddle jumping ;)
Puddle jumping......how fab. did you ever see the episode in Vicar of Dibley where Dawn French jumped into a puddle and ended up with water round her middle? Very funny. :D

Aw Bess, I am a whole pregnancy older than you, so when I came into the world you were just being conceived..........there's a thought :D

Oh Blimey, what did your Dad look like? Travel much did he? :8855::8855::8855:

Puddle jumping......how fab. did you ever see the episode in Vicar of Dibley where Dawn French jumped into a puddle and ended up with water round her middle? Very funny. :D

Oh yes that was totally :rotflmao: Actually watch the repeats at any opportunity :D

Twins eh, wow, that's hard work. Bet their mum's either completely fit or living on adrenalin Phew!

Time to do nursery pick up :D

Oh Blimey, what did your Dad look like? Travel much did he? :8855::8855::8855:
I don't want to freak you out but he was a bit of a wanderer :D:D
Oh yes that was totally :rotflmao: Actually watch the repeats at any opportunity :D

Twins eh, wow, that's hard work. Bet their mum's either completely fit or living on adrenalin Phew!

Time to do nursery pick up :D
I think the latter applies to DD2, pure adrenalin :D Poor girl gets completely knackered by mid-afternoon. They are getting to that age where its a good game to pull all their clothes out of the drawers, take nappies etc off and stand naked in the bedroom except for a sun hat :D That was the scene that greeted my daughter last week after she put them in bed for their afternoon nap hahahaha xx

getting to that age where its a good game to pull all clothes out of the drawers, take nappies etc off and stand naked in the bedroom except for a sun hat :D

Do you really think you should be behaving like this at your age? :8855:

Do you really think you should be behaving like this at your age? :8855:

:rotflmao: Kinda thing I was thinking there Bess :giggle:

:8855::8855::8855:I'll soon be at that age where that will be considered quite normal behaviour......for a nursing home resident :D:D:D:p

:8855: Aw bless, keep taking the pills it may not happen :giggle:

Ah well, no more fun for me, must go out to work now. Bye girls! xx :)

I am SO glad I found this thread. It is really good for a giggle. Thank you everyone.

OLD? OLD? :mad: At 55?!!! I don't think so. :D
I definitely don't feel old - the problem is that having read all the stuff that Chelsea posted earlier, I recognise a lot of them already.
Dribbling, Can't Talk, moodiness, crying for no reason, hold your own head up.
Wait - Methinks I've spotted the reason - it's the alocohol!:gimi:

I don't sleep well either, so I suppose that must be 'my age'! Huh! Thankfully no other symptons at all apart from the end of * weeks and that's a relief!

I am much younger than you, at only 55 in August :eek: :rolleyes:. But I keep it a dark secret, after all there are only several million people who could read this diary aren't there?!
Are you a Leo or Virgo?

Umm what's :eek: DG's?
Duff Guts - sorry thought every knew this one. Politer way of saying I had the trots or even worse the sh**s!

Nope, sorry can't stop the sun dance - worked a treat yesterday! Such a shame you can't wear your swim suit and sarong and have had to don jeans and a wooly jumper......:rolleyes:....would you like me to send you some mittens? :D :8855::raincloud:
Mittens gratefully accepted - I chucked mine away when I came to Spain - and looking at all the rain at Queen's today I think I might need them. Plus a brolly!

Actually it's always best to blame the French!
Apart from Cheese, the Channel Tunnel and Eric Cantona - what else has come out of France thst's any good?

Where do you get your smilies from Twinkle? Never seen some of the ones you use!

And I'm a "Vicar" fan too! Especially the puddle episode and the one where Alice gives birth in the stable!

Must away - need to go and have a siesta before we go out to our quiz night. Need to win as I'm running out of vodka (and that's the prize!)

I am SO glad I found this thread. It is really good for a giggle. Thank you everyone.

Where do you get your smilies from Twinkle? Never seen some of the ones you use!

And I'm a "Vicar" fan too! Especially the puddle episode and the one where Alice gives birth in the stable!

Must away - need to go and have a siesta before we go out to our quiz night. Need to win as I'm running out of vodka (and that's the prize!)

Hey Pommette (is that a play on the Aussie 'Pom'?) ;)

I get the smilies just from this site hun :confused:
I do like your own laughing smilie - where's that from? If from Minimins, then maybe some bits are different in different countries :D

Good luck in your quiz tonight
Mo xx

Hey Pommette (is that a play on the Aussie 'Pom'?) ;)
No - my surname is Pomfret and my hubby went to a "posh" school where they shortened everyones name - a la the cricket commentators (Johnston = Johnners, Blowfeld = Blowers). So he became Pommers - and I became Pommette by assocaition.
I get the smilies just from this site hun :confused:
I've never seen some of them. Must be clicking in the worng place.

I do like your own laughing smilie - where's that from?
I run a Wordpress blog for our community and it is one of the symbols that works on there, but not here, so I just copy the image.
There are a few other smilies on there too that you can just copy and paste
How To Use This Blog | Roda Golf – Community P12
Thank you - intend to thrash everyone. Desperate for the Vodka!
Mo xx

Have a good evening. Not had the siesta - had a shower instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkleToes2day
Hey Pommette (is that a play on the Aussie 'Pom'?)
No - my surname is Pomfret and my hubby went to a "posh" school where they shortened everyones name - a la the cricket commentators (Johnston = Johnners, Blowfeld = Blowers). So he became Pommers - and I became Pommette by assocaition.
Quote:

Ah I see :D, quite posh lol

I get the smilies just from this site hun
I've never seen some of them. Must be clicking in the worng place.

I do like your own laughing smilie - where's that from?
I run a Wordpress blog for our community and it is one of the symbols that works on there, but not here, so I just copy the image.
There are a few other smilies on there too that you can just copy and paste
How To Use This Blog | Roda Golf – Community P12
Quote:

I tried copying images but they never paste properly, just the URL or summat :confused: haha
Actually just tried adding :lol: but didn't get the smilie as you can see :confused: http://rgfase2.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/icon_lol.gif?w=15&h=15
Nah, rubbish at this, me :sigh: haha

Thank you - intend to thrash everyone. Desperate for the Vodka!
Mo xx
Have a good evening. Not had the siesta - had a shower instead!

Hope you didn't block any drains :rotflmao: :giggle:

Ah I see :D, quite posh lol
Nah - not posh, just brainy!!! Won a scholarship.

Hope you didn't block any drains :rotflmao: :giggle:
Thankfully no drains blocked - but my legs and toe nails do need some attention when the sun shines again.

To copy a smilie off another page just RIGHT click on it and select COPY and then just RIGHT click and select PASTE

Or you can actually copy and paste whats in here
HTML:
[IMG]http://rgfase2.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/icon_lol.gif[/IMG]
and it will give you this
icon_lol.gif
(Sorry - I'm a bit of a nerd on developing website!)

Nah - not posh, just brainy!!! Won a scholarship.

Ooh, brains are goood ;)

Thankfully no drains blocked - but my legs and toe nails do need some attention when the sun shines again.

Someone was advised to slough, de-hair & cut all nails before weigh in the other day (jokingly of course), I thought it was very :rotflmao:

To copy a smilie off another page just RIGHT click on it and select COPY and then just RIGHT click and select PASTE

Or you can actually copy and paste whats in here
HTML:
[IMG]http://rgfase2.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/icon_lol.gif[/IMG]
and it will give you this
icon_lol.gif
(Sorry - I'm a bit of a nerd on developing website!)

Copy/Paste doesn't work but the
icon_lol.gif
you can see, but where did you get that from? I tried Right clicking and doing 'Copy image URL' and 'Copy Image' & 'Copy link address' but all to no avail.
Do I use the paper clip at all, or the envelope/mountain thingy like for the Tickers?
Sorry :eek: Bet you didn't think you'd be doing a long distance pc lesson this morning ;)

copy the url and at the top of your reply box you will see a little yellow square with what looks like a pyramid on it, click on that and then paste the url into the box and you should get the image up...................I think that's how I do it but perhaps not explained it very well :D

makes me giggle too :D

voddie for a prize......lovin it :D

Back