Anyone aged 50+ had great success?

copy the url and at the top of your reply box you will see a little yellow square with what looks like a pyramid on it, click on that and then paste the url into the box and you should get the image up...................I think that's how I do it but perhaps not explained it very well :D

icon_cool.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_lol.gif

:woohoo: :thankyou: Chelsea Lou

Leo, I think.....Grrr. :D

I am having good loses at the moment and am 53 just hope i can keep it up.

:welcome: Lizma4u :wavey: It helps to be a bit on the loopy side I'm finding :giggle:
You are doing well so any helpful tips on continuing weight loss will be gratefully received by those of us who are struggling (that'd be me :sigh:) ;)

Leo, I think.....Grrr. :D
We Leo's should definitely stick together. Although the male of the species can be a bit daunting when in full arousal!

. . . but where did you get that from?
They're smilies that you can only use on a Wordpress Blog - so the short cut that you can use on there of :lol: doesn't work in a forum - as you've found out.
Lots of others too - like :p for and :twisted for that don't work either.

Do I use the paper clip at all, or the envelope/mountain thingy like for the Tickers?
Sorry :eek: Bet you didn't think you'd be doing a long distance pc lesson this morning ;)
Sorry - now you've lost me!!!! I'm actually a bit thick when it comes to Minis.
Long distance PC lessons I can cope with! Done it for years with lots of my friends on things like Word, Excel and Access as (even if I say so myself) I'm a bit of a whiz on them.

Good luck in your quiz tonight
Thank you - intend to thrash everyone. Desperate for the Vodka!
Mo xx
Won the quiz - got my voddie. But you could hardly call it a thrashing as we only won by a point. But that's all that matters at the end of tha day . . .

Hasta mañana - I'm going to try to get to sleep tonight, as was 07:30 yesterday (this morning) before I finally went to bed!

I recently tried the sleeping tablets you can buy from a chemist, they are an antihistamine I think, so Piriton should work as well.....sometimes they help.....Poor you.

We Leo's should definitely stick together. Although the male of the species can be a bit daunting when in full arousal!
I'm going to put out an APB for males that were born under the sign of leo :D:D:D

Won the quiz - got my voddie. But you could hardly call it a thrashing as we only won by a point. But that's all that matters at the end of tha day . . .
That's my girl........amazing what intelligence one can find when there's a bottle of alcohol at risk :D

Several posts back, Bev asked me what star sign I am, I'm not sure, but I think I'm a Leo! Mieow :D

Ahh, bit slow on the uptake today :eek: haha x

That's my girl........amazing what intelligence one can find when there's a bottle of alcohol at risk :D
I told you all on a thread somewhere (was it here - the brain's gone somewhere else today or is the dementure setting in?) that it's the t'other half that has the intelligence not me!
He's a mine of useless information that comes in very handy in quizzes.
Me? I'm just the secretary and scribble the answers down!

I'm going to put out an APB for males that were born under the sign of leo :D:D:D
I do know of one that I could send your way - ah wait a minute! I think the term toy-boy might get invoked. He's only 16!!!!! Boy is he a handful . . .

Last edited:
Good evening ladies :wavey:
Hope you are all keeping well :D
Do you all do Body Magic, or any type of exercise?
If I'm honest, I don't really, but do try to kid myself that walking quickly to the local shop, 5 minutes away, is all good :eek:
The thing is, I just can't get motivated to get up off my backside and go do something on my own :sigh: I don't have a dog, my 28yo son has M.E, hubby is out working outside all day and my little one is too young to speed walk ;) I don't have any friends, acquaintances yes, but no-one I could ask to go walking with or cycling or whatever. Any hints, tips would be MUCHO appreciated :D:D xx

Good evening ladies :wavey:
Hope you are all keeping well :D
Do you all do Body Magic, or any type of exercise?
If I'm honest, I don't really, but do try to kid myself that walking quickly to the local shop, 5 minutes away, is all good :eek:
The thing is, I just can't get motivated to get up off my backside and go do something on my own :sigh: I don't have a dog, my 28yo son has M.E, hubby is out working outside all day and my little one is too young to speed walk ;) I don't have any friends, acquaintances yes, but no-one I could ask to go walking with or cycling or whatever. Any hints, tips would be MUCHO appreciated :D:D xx
Hiya hun, I know what you mean, I don't have anyone to do stuff with and I can't get motivated myself. I did invest in a wii fit, which I use from time to time and should make the effort to do something on it every day. Could you try one of those? Your little fella would also enjoy it too :D xx

Hi TwinkleToes2Day.
I'm a useless sole when it comes to exercise. I start every day thinking I will do some and never get round to it. I have to be careful though as I have broken my back twice and therefore can't do anything that is high impact!
The only exercise I really like is swimming which is really good all round stuff - and you can only do it on your own as you need to go at your pace. Have you thought of having a go at this if you have noone else you can go walking with?

Last edited:
Hiya hun, I know what you mean, I don't have anyone to do stuff with and I can't get motivated myself. I did invest in a wii fit, which I use from time to time and should make the effort to do something on it every day. Could you try one of those? Your little fella would also enjoy it too :D xx

Thanks Chelsea Lou :D Hubby asked me about one, but I just couldn't do it in front of any1 and can't imagine the noise downstairs of my doing it upstairs, lol. Our lounge is also son's bedroom, so he is always in there of course ;) Thanks for the idea tho' I agree the LO would probably love it too, haha xx

A brisk walk to the shops or a longer route there would be fine I think. How old is your grandson? Young enough to push quickly in a pushchair? Or could he sit in a carrier on the back of a bike? Or in one of those little carts that pull along behind. Do you need someone to bike with? I'd happily go alone and sometimes do and walk alone, well actually, that's always with the dog.....
I often think how good it would be to incorporate exercise into normal life. I work all over the place and have to drive, but if I worked in our local town I would definitely bike the 5 miles each way. I did this once years ago and got very fit and trim.......you might find a longer route to and from the shops does the trick best. :)

A brisk walk to the shops or a longer route there would be fine I think. How old is your grandson? Young enough to push quickly in a pushchair? Or could he sit in a carrier on the back of a bike? Or in one of those little carts that pull along behind. Do you need someone to bike with? I'd happily go alone and sometimes do and walk alone, well actually, that's always with the dog.....
I often think how good it would be to incorporate exercise into normal life. I work all over the place and have to drive, but if I worked in our local town I would definitely bike the 5 miles each way. I did this once years ago and got very fit and trim.......you might find a longer route to and from the shops does the trick best. :)

I do walk up to the town on occasion but that's only if I need something from there. It's mainly finding the boot up the ass I need to go out on my own just for the sake of it. It's too dodgy around here to use a trailer & I honestly don't think my LO would sit still in a bike seat, he doesn't even walk in a straight line :eek: haha. I know it sounds like excuses, but I don't mean it too, it's just so boring going out alone :sigh:
Ach well, time for bed :zz: Maybe brighter tomorrow ;)
Good night ladies x

In the 2 towns nearest to me there are walking groups.....a friend joins one sometimes...worth finding out about? The library might have info? :)

Back