Anyone been on hol when on LT?????

fun1uk

Im due to go to Newquay on 9th Aug and im not ready for re-feed yet and i was wondering how you all coped with going on holiday whilst still using LT.
The pub at night dont bother me as i was never much a drinker anyway so water is totally fine with me,its how do i cope without the cornish pasty and cream teas????
Breakfast is always bacon&egg cob which im not too fussed with bacon so that also wont bother me,its dinner and teatime im worried about lol
I know i can be strong,ive just got to think how far ive come and how far i still want to go with this.(aiming for a size 12-14)
Help guys lol

xxx

I am in no position to give advice hun but hope you have a great hols :) :)

i guess you need to make a decision weather to go onto maintenaince that week or stick to LT... I am going to Devon in a few weeks and will be sticking to LT.

a) i know it will be hard doing TFR again if I come off
b) I'll be bad and eat the wrong food (staying at OH parents and she bakes ALL day) i wouldn't resist it i know.
c) If i stay on TFR i dont have to decide what to eat, the answer is nothing! that can be empowering really, a personal challenge.

if you decide to stay on TFR, you could have a gentle walk alone while others are eating dinner and take in the area in peace and quiet on your own.

give it some thought and speak to pharm for their advice.

my biggest caution to you - is think can you go through week 1 again when you get back on plan? I really wouldn't want to face that again. so for me - its a one hit only. i am doing this, once, and it will work and i will make it stay off.

good luck and we'll help you either way :)

xxx H

Im due to go to Newquay on 9th Aug and im not ready for re-feed yet and i was wondering how you all coped with going on holiday whilst still using LT.
The pub at night dont bother me as i was never much a drinker anyway so water is totally fine with me,its how do i cope without the cornish pasty and cream teas????
Breakfast is always bacon&egg cob which im not too fussed with bacon so that also wont bother me,its dinner and teatime im worried about lol
I know i can be strong,ive just got to think how far ive come and how far i still want to go with this.(aiming for a size 12-14)
Help guys lol

xxx

We went no a family visit for 5 days. I had to suffer KFC, Burger King, Pub lunches, Takeaways etc but it's just willpower. Yes you are in different surroundings and taken out of your routine, but I mostly found that we were so busy I didn't have much time to dwell on the fact that I wasn't eating!

Good luck with sticking to TFR if that's what you plan on doing and have a nice holiday! xx

im going to Devon on Friday have brought my shaker so i can have my shakes whilst away i intend to stick to it dont want to undo everything i have done so far x

Why's everyone coming down here? It's rubbish... lol

oh to stand and stare...

well i'm house hunting, so careful rainbow, i'll be coming round checking up on you! ;)

we should all go the same time and have a meet :)

I personally would stay on it hun. You have to cope with everyone eating around you at home dont you, so being somewhere else shouldnt make a difference!!! I might say something different if you was a drinker (like myself lol) thats my downfall on holidays.....totally get off my trolley for a wk lol!!!!!!! Good luck whatever, you decide x

i am going to Turkey in just under 3 weeks with 8 other friends. I will be taking all my shakes with me and my shaker cup too - i have pre-warned all of them and they are going to bow and scrape at the feet of this particular willpower queen.

I guess it is a decision you need to make based on how much you want to lose the weight. I have said this before but, I believe this tfr is a means to re-train your brain and body into knowing what food is for - it is a means to survival - thats it. Thats how it should be looked at anyways imho :D

Help guys lol

xxx

You going down to watch the RipCurl contest?

Nicci

If it were me I'd stay on LT coz I don't want to stop and start again but you must be happy with whichever route you take. What you don't want to do is decide on LT then cheat, or decide to refeed then wish you hadn't.

Good luck with whichever choice you make.

And have a great time!

x

Hi Fun1 UK, just back from a surprise holiday to the middle east. I stuck with my shakes and I'm so glad I did! Not 1 single regret at all. Yeah, it was a bit tempting sometimes but it is doable. By now you have some degree of detachment from food anyway which makes it easier. Just fix it firmly in your mind that you'll go away, enjoy the sights and sounds, the fun, the company and keep losing weight in the process. Then come back with great memories and feeling doubly good 'cos you not only had a great holiday but kept in control, and get on those scales and go wayhay, yahooo, 'cos you are pounds lighter!!!
You can do this!

Back