anyone catch gabby logan?

maclynn

Silver Member
did anyone catch gabby logan this morning,she had a so call diet and nuterionist on, don't know about you, but, who could stick to there diet plan if they didn't have treats? The one on the show, said if trying to lose weight, it should healthy, and low fat, good fibre all the weigh, we shouldn't be looking at counting crisps and biscuits into our plan at all, surely by not allowing these we are
setting ourself up for a fall:D

I didn't catch the programme but I think perhaps the nutritionist is on the right track as really it's all about removing your reliance on snack foods and eating good nutrition. I'm not actually a low-fat believer as I think balance is the key and you should look at the proportions of fat, protein, carbs and aim for as near a third of each as you can.

Perhaps using the 80/20 rule is a good method to control the junky/snacky things?

After 16 weeks on my plan I do seem to now instinctively reach for fresh foods and don't need the crisps/biscuits/chocolate so much. Just a matter of adopting new habits.

I didn't see it so can't judge but if I counted biscuits & crisps into my 1200cl daily allowance I'd not have many left for real food. Besides which, these junk foods may also contain trans-fats - not good!

Last edited:
I agree with Tranquility, for me personaly the only way i'm losing weight is by replacing all the goodies and now i'm at the stage when i don't have them at all :)
Your appetite and habits adjust to the changes, and you can learn to do without!
Everyone is different though and manages and copes with diets in all sorts of ways to reach success :)

I'm eating way more treats/junk/fat than ever before, and losing weight at a terrific, consistent rate. I spent over 3 years on SW, where I ate 99% 'clean', happily went months without chocolate or crisps, didn't have so much as a slice of pizza, at one point didn't touch alcohol for about 7 months, can honestly say I never ate one ready meal, all but stopped eating out (something my hubby really enjoys)....etc etc etc - I thought I was happy enough at the time, but now I realise I'd put my life on hold, to watch my weight loss slow to less than a pound a month :(

NOW I exercise my ass off to earn the extra calories, that I 'have' to eat back, which means I'm totally in control and being rewarded for all my efforts. And the best reward is the speed of losses I'm now enjoying!

**EDIT** AND my rather, ahem, unpredictable 'digestive system' is THRIVING on this new way of eating. Makes no sense, but BOY it's lovely!

Last edited:
I'm eating way more treats/junk/fat than ever before, and losing weight at a terrific, consistent rate. I spent over 3 years on SW, where I ate 99% 'clean', happily went months without chocolate or crisps, didn't have so much as a slice of pizza, at one point didn't touch alcohol for about 7 months, can honestly say I never ate one ready meal, all but stopped eating out (something my hubby really enjoys)....etc etc etc - I thought I was happy enough at the time, but now I realise I'd put my life on hold, to watch my weight loss slow to less than a pound a month :(

NOW I exercise my ass off to earn the extra calories, that I 'have' to eat back, which means I'm totally in control and being rewarded for all my efforts. And the best reward is the speed of losses I'm now enjoying!

**EDIT** AND my rather, ahem, unpredictable 'digestive system' is THRIVING on this new way of eating. Makes no sense, but BOY it's lovely!

lol it doesn't have to make sense it's just finding what works for you.

I have a theory that it has nothing to do with food at all it's all to do with the stresses of life and the additives we get fed in the general food chain.

I've never been a fan of fast food or takeaways, in my life I've only had one McDonalds and that was in an extreme emergency lol. I watch those food tubes on Supersize v Superskinny and although I am supersize I eat nothing like what comes out of those tubes.

However, since I took the decision to put me first instead of everyone else in my life and to find a way to deal/cope with the work stress I find I don't want the snacks/chocolate. I do sometimes have a treat day but mostly I find myself baking my own goodies so thatI know what is in them.

hi iwantobeslim, i so agree, think that's why i love calorie counting, so much more freedom:D

lol it doesn't have to make sense it's just finding what works for you.

I have a theory that it has nothing to do with food at all it's all to do with the stresses of life and the additives we get fed in the general food chain.

I've never been a fan of fast food or takeaways, in my life I've only had one McDonalds and that was in an extreme emergency lol. I watch those food tubes on Supersize v Superskinny and although I am supersize I eat nothing like what comes out of those tubes.

However, since I took the decision to put me first instead of everyone else in my life and to find a way to deal/cope with the work stress I find I don't want the snacks/chocolate. I do sometimes have a treat day but mostly I find myself baking my own goodies so thatI know what is in them.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I watch those food tubes in complete disgust. I could never eat the amount they do. Don't get me wrong, I am not in denial about my eating habits. I got to this size because I ate the wrong things and lot's of it, but never like they do on these shows. Their morning SNACK is a McDonalds.

Whilst I can and do go over board on chocolate..I know if I said no to it all the time, the time would come when I'd just have to have a sugar fest!!!!!!

As far as Supersize/ Superskinny goes..How could anyone eat that much food?? I know I should be the last to judge but seriously!! They must be in so much discomfort :(

Whilst I can and do go over board on chocolate..I know if I said no to it all the time, the time would come when I'd just have to have a sugar fest!!!!!!

As far as Supersize/ Superskinny goes..How could anyone eat that much food?? I know I should be the last to judge but seriously!! They must be in so much discomfort :(

I can't help feeling that it's all they really have in their lives - eating. Their only comfort, their only true interest. Like many others I overeat & binge at times but there is a cut off point - a line drawn in the sand. They have non. It's sad really.

I just eat what i like, as long as its within my calorie intake.

I couldnt live without my alpen cereal bars and my velvet crunch :)

In general I would agree with cutting out most of the "crap" foods, because I want to retrain my palate. Already a lot of packaged food seems unbelievably salty- even flavoured cottage cheese is too salty for me now, and I LOVE salt and always used far too much.

However, I'm realistic. If I try to ban any one food it'll backfire. What seems to work is wanting to make the most of my calorie allowance. Why eat half a bar of chocolate if I can have a small, filling meal for the same calories? Junk food now seems pointless- high calories for no nutritional benefit and I don't feel full!

Still like a chocolate mousse after dinner though......;)

I just eat what i like, as long as its within my calorie intake.

I couldnt live without my alpen cereal bars and my velvet crunch :)
I can't do that. A couple of weeks ago I bought a pack of Alpen bars - and ate the lot in one day & triggered a binge. Like one drink to an alcoholic, one is only the first.

In general I would agree with cutting out most of the "crap" foods, because I want to retrain my palate. Already a lot of packaged food seems unbelievably salty- even flavoured cottage cheese is too salty for me now, and I LOVE salt and always used far too much.

However, I'm realistic. If I try to ban any one food it'll backfire. What seems to work is wanting to make the most of my calorie allowance. Why eat half a bar of chocolate if I can have a small, filling meal for the same calories? Junk food now seems pointless- high calories for no nutritional benefit and I don't feel full!

Still like a chocolate mousse after dinner though......;)

Don't think I would manage without my Cadbury light mousses!! :)

Don't think I would manage without my Cadbury light mousses!! :)

Oh no Squeezy they have to be M&S COU choc mousses, they are the best. Especially with a pile of fresh raspberries on the side. :)

The COU raspberry frappe is very tasty too.

Which mousse is best? There's only one way to find out......FIGHT! :D

Mousse fight!!!! That could get messy... :D

Healthier options are always good, but I find theres a lot of pitfalls when it comes to how food companies...well...lie about whats in the stuff they sell. Low fat stuff contains way too much junk in replacement of the fat they took out, which is nearly as bad for you. Too much salt, or too much sweetner!

But I still stick with the fact that everyone should allow themselves a treat if they want it, as long as its not compromising your diet - like starving all day or even all week just for a binge day, thats not healthy... but enjoying a wee biccie in your tea, or a chocolate mousse (tescos lighter options!) doesn't do a bit o harm :)

Back