Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

Hello everyone! :sign0144:

I'm kind of doing the dietchef diet, I'm a mature student and I *will* stick to this diet as I need to budget my student loan better than last year and not waste it all on rubbish food!

I've bought some of the 'look what we found' soups and also Sainsburys 'free from' range, their chilli con carne is only 57p at the moment! I guess it's a bit like counting calories too so hopefully I'll be able to keep myself motivated once I'm back at uni.

I had lizis granola for the first time today and it was only when I weighed the portion that I realised how much I'd been going over on my portion sizes!

First proper day tomorrow, so :fingerscrossed:!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I need to lose 5 and a half stone (scary!) and I just started Diet Chef yesterday. Going to try to just weigh myself once a week.

Very impressed with the food so far. I ordered one of pretty much everything to try, but it's all tasted nice and been fulfilling.

Oddly it feels like I'm eating more than usually as I have a bad habit of eating just one big meal and not much else, so it hasn't felt like dieting yet. Feeling optimistic!

Last edited:
have just read this thread from the begining .I am currently on LL ,I have lost 3stone so far and am now on RTM but i still want to lose another stone.I am introducing conventional food on the plan but having difficulty with the planning of meals plus motivation choosing what to eat.
I was looking at the DC site and thought it might help me if I had nutritionally prepared meals ready when i get in from work.
I wanted to try the food but the 7 day pack is £60 so I searched on ebay and found a 7 day pack for £30 so will give it a go.
I am on week 5 of the management plan so go down to two shakes this week.
will see how I get on.
Any help woud be great.
Cathy

Diet Chef

I am on Diet Chef and find it very good. Some of the meals are not to my taste and I find the vegetable dinners better than ones with meat in. The spicy ones are best eg curries and chilli. The soups are all good.

You only need to add a portion of rice. I bought diet chef with vouchers for £29 for the week. I think the full price is too much.

Hopefully there will be more offers.

However, if you are prepared to pay the full price, it is really nice having no cooking to do.

Hello everyone!

So it's the new year and time for me to slim down a little. I'm 5ft and 9 stone so I only have a little I would like to lose. In particular I want to lose weight from my face, it's become so puffy looking! I also want to become more healthy generally (although I'm loathed to hit the gym!).

DC looks perfect for me because I caan't not eat and I would be a bit scared about what those extreme diets are doing to me. It does seem rather expensie though, does anyone have any tips on how toget it cheaper?

xx

Kady1981 said:
Hello everyone!

So it's the new year and time for me to slim down a little. I'm 5ft and 9 stone so I only have a little I would like to lose. In particular I want to lose weight from my face, it's become so puffy looking! I also want to become more healthy generally (although I'm loathed to hit the gym!).

DC looks perfect for me because I caan't not eat and I would be a bit scared about what those extreme diets are doing to me. It does seem rather expensie though, does anyone have any tips on how toget it cheaper?

xx

Hello

It does seem expensive but if you add up exactly what you spend on food when not dieting its probably comparable, if not less. I did Lighterlife for 7 months at £66 per week which sounds a lot but you don't eat anything else so if you don't cheat it's not too bad costwise but it's not proper food. I'm hoping DC will work and help me reduce portion size.

I really dont think its that expensive really, when you think about it, works out for the dc part around £6 a day, if you do the 3month 1200 calorie one, bit more for pay monthly etc.., that for 3 meals and a snack. I know I have spent more than that on quickie lunch while out shopping.. if I add up what I spend on food a month and divide it by the no of people in the household I dont think I was spending much less than that anyways...its just a shock doing it in one big lump!

I still havent received my parcels yet. I can't wait. I'm two days into calorie counting. Have had fewer than 1000 cal each day. I know its not good to cut down too much but on Lighterlife I existed on a lot less than that. Once the switch has clicked I dont have a problem dieting; its getting it to click in the first place and that has now happened. Its great to read the messages and hear jow others are doing - its great support.

Hi All
It my first day of dietchef and have to say am happily suprised by how nice the food was. I had followed Lighter life right up to maintence but since i left have let a stone slip back on. Didnt want to go onto shakes again so diet chef seemed liked a nice medium. Have decided to try and get down to a nice bmi, after lighterlife had just got into bmi for normal weight. Fingers crossed

Best of luck to you both.
SuZann - I love cooking, but this has been a refreshing change! I like most soups (chix & thyme.... I'd pass) and I really like the chix & bean salad, and the dinners tend to be good. Sometimes I wonder that the saturated fat is a little high, but now I am aware of that I try to mix up the meals better. So for example, original granola + korma for dinner = too high sat fat if you ask me. I think sat fat should not > 10% kcals, and it's 9 kcal per gram? Anyway, you can play with combinations until your cravings, your conscience and your hunger are all satisfied!
Fi K - this sounds like a great way to jump start again! Let us know how you get on.

Hello everyone! I found this thread on Google after I heard of Diet Chef for the first time yesterday. I have done a lot of research online since then, but I was very sad to learn that I can't seem to find it available to me since I live in the US. :mad: I am going to check my local grocery stores (which have a limited selection of UK food brands) for Look What We Found and the other brands mentioned on this thread. I did check eBay as per a previous comment, and I found one seller willing to ship worldwide (though the price of postage seems quite high, which is to be expected). I know there are US weight loss programs that are similar, but I just haven't been able to find enough information about any of them that look as promising as what I've seen for Diet Chef. After I figured out what a stone is (ha!), I am quite impressed with the weight loss so many on here have achieved. I converted my weight into stones, and I'm right around 12 st. I would like to lose 2 if not 3, if possible!

Prepared food isn't something I would normally be interested in, but since my husband's new job causes him to travel a lot (3 weeks per month), cooking for myself just does not seem as cost-effective and I don't enjoy it that much anyway. A portion controlled plan with food that 1) does not spoil and 2) can be supplemented with whatever fresh fruit and veggies I want just sounds great. It looks so easy that I would have NO excuses like "I don't have time to cook", etc.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas for me?:sign0163: I haven't seen anyone else on here that isn't from the UK, so I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but I figured I should start somewhere. :)

PS. I visited England and Scotland in 2005 and loved it, so I'm quite jealous that you all live in such beautiful countries. :)

Jenny Craig

Well hello! I think Jenny Craig is sort of similar, and I know you can get that in US. Have you looked at this site?
Shipping Diet Chef from UK would be a real pain, and expensive. I'd try a month on Jenny Craig (or similar) and see how you get on. Good luck!!

I have definitely heard of Jenny Craig, but I guess I thought it was more like Weight Watchers. I checked out the site after you suggested it, and it does look promising. I don't know, something about calling a consultant on the phone every week doesn't appeal to me. I might look into it anyway, but they don't publish prices on their website for how much I should expect the food to cost. :mad: I think I'll see if anyone on other forums might have any ideas what the costs are likely to be (even though £s and not $s).

Thanks for your help! Maybe someday the US will get Diet Chef. :D

lauraemily83 said:
I have definitely heard of Jenny Craig, but I guess I thought it was more like Weight Watchers. I checked out the site after you suggested it, and it does look promising. I don't know, something about calling a consultant on the phone every week doesn't appeal to me. I might look into it anyway, but they don't publish prices on their website for how much I should expect the food to cost. :mad: I think I'll see if anyone on other forums might have any ideas what the costs are likely to be (even though £s and not $s).

Thanks for your help! Maybe someday the US will get Diet Chef. :D

Boots the Chemist's link, looks like £11 day although they have a 2 week trial for half price.

http://www.boots.com/en/What-Jenny-...&cm_sp=brand_treatment-_-c9094-_-c9083_image2

In case anyone cares or is interested at all, I looked into Jenny Craig in the US, but it wasn't the kind of plan I wanted for me. I ended up looking at the Diet Chef website since all of the meals and snacks plus caloric content are listed there, and I just matched it with what I can buy locally the best I could, keeping the portions the same as what they offer. We can't get Look What We Found soups, which is a bummer, and the "natural" soups are super expensive. I have either granola or some type of cereal for breakfast, soup for lunch, and a dinner much like the ones they have (but the only ones I can find are frozen and not dry), and I supplement with fresh fruit and vegetables and snacks much like the ones on the Diet Chef site. I have lost 5 lbs. in 5 days! The only thing I don't like is that I feel like I am consuming a lot of sodium. Is this the case with Diet Chef meals? I appreciate you all helping me even though I don't live in the UK! Your stories are inspirational. :)

I don't find the diet chef meals taste salty at all, but haven't specifically checked the sodium content. They taste well balanced though, and are unlike ready meals - more like real proper food that has been sealed into packs when fresh (unlike ready meals/tv dinner which are full of preservatives and often lacking in taste and nutrients)

anyone found that they've stuck after a week or two? I'm topping up to get to 1200 calories -adding the veggie packets up I find they're only 600 before you add your milk, veg etc- but I aim for 1200 + the recommended top up if if I've exercised. I lost nearly 5lbs in week one but haven't really moved more than a lb or two in the fortnight since. Anyone finding it comes and goes?

I've not done the diet yet but I'd say stick with it write everything down and keep fluids up the weight will shift

I have just started doing diet chef. The food tastes really good and although the first couple of days are kind of sucking at the moment as my body gets used to fewer calories I am somewhat confused. I supposed I should called Dief Chef and talk to them about it but I would rather avoid the expensive phone charges. I opted to do the 1200 calories a day plan as I am currently 19st5 (although to be honest I don't feel it lol). When I was reading the back of the meals I realised that the calories add up to a lot more than 1200 yet that is the plan I chose. I wouldn't be so confused if it was anywhere between 1200-1500 but it is more of the region of 2000-2200. Any ideas on why this could be? I wasn't sure if the idea of the plan is eat minus-calorie foods like celery and things like that which actually burn more calories digesting it than the amount of calories it contains. Any ideas please reply I'm a bit new to posting on forums!

P.S. Been on it two days and lost like 4lbs but realise this could be water weight etc. (Curiosity always gets the better of me when it comes to weighing myself)

Back