Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

i tend to look out food for the rest of the week so i can hide the box away again (got a very tidy boyfriend!)
I've pulled out Irish stew, beef meatballs, beef casserole and chicken tika for the rest of the week!

Just wanted to come along and say "hi", I have today started DC. About 5 years ago I lost a stone as I felt really unhappy (when I put on weight it goes on my hips an I just feel like a wide load!!!!).

Before I had my son I weighed 9 stone 7lb, then I went up to over 10st and stayed between 10st 4 and 10st 10lb.

Due to a part time job selling jewellery on eBay combined with a FT job this took over my life and last November I stopped my usual 20-25 miles a week running :(

Over the course of the past 10 months the stone that I had lost using WW has now returned and I feel unhappy again.

I have come back from holiday (thought I should get that bit out of the way first!) and have decided to do something about it.

I realise some people will see that I am not fat, BUT at the same time I do not feel good about the way I look and want to lose my wobbly bits!

I have started DC today, ordered a 7 day supply to see how I get on. For breakfast I had Chocolate Granola and I was shocked to see how small the portions were, or perhaps it was due to the size of cereal I ate before (!), I would normally fill the bowl with Special K! Anyway, I chopped up a banana and put minimal milk on it (I hate too much milk on cereal anyway), for mid morning I had a snack bar.

For lunch I am trying out the Pasta Bolognese on its own as I didnt get the chance to sort out veg/salad or anything before I left for work.

I am on my second glass of water this morning.

I feel hungry and want something to eat and I hope this passes because at £50 for the 7 days to see if this works is alot of money to waste.

If using DC, how many calories do their brekkies, meals, snacks etc. all add up to? Is it a further 100 calories I could have a day? So that doesnt include kit kats then LOL at 107 calories :(

Ok so I have waffled on long enough, but any tips ideas to let the hunger pass would be appreciated - otherwise I will just crave chocolate!

xx

Quick question, I have had Granola with chopped banana for breakfast and a snack bar for mid morning, and have drank 2 glasses of water.

I need something to fight off the hunger pangs that I am getting before I raid something I shouldnt.

Any ideas or will this pass?

Hi I am new to this, started today, I posted a nice long email and its gone :(

oh dear, that happens to me sometimes, it's annoying!

Quick question, I have had Granola with chopped banana for breakfast and a snack bar for mid morning, and have drank 2 glasses of water.

I need something to fight off the hunger pangs that I am getting before I raid something I shouldnt.

Any ideas or will this pass?

have you tried a little yoghurt with the granola, may fill up a little more.
I found the gap at breakfast to lunch hardest. I wanted to leave my snack to the afternoon so would have an apple or chopped veg to hand. I don't notice it so much now and thinking back it didn't take too long to retain my body. just keep going on the water.

have you had any of the porridge yet?

have you tried a little yoghurt with the granola, may fill up a little more.
I found the gap at breakfast to lunch hardest. I wanted to leave my snack to the afternoon so would have an apple or chopped veg to hand. I don't notice it so much now and thinking back it didn't take too long to retain my body. just keep going on the water.

have you had any of the porridge yet?

I actually found the Chocolate Granola with a tiny bit of milk and a banana very filling and felt a bit sick afterwards!

Didnt think I did too badly yesterday, I had a strawberry shake for my evening meal and that was quite filling.

I couldnt resist getting on the scales this morning after only being on it one day and had lost 1.5lb :D and considering I am not actually overweight and am doing this for my own personal choice, I was chuffed to bits :D

I think what will make me feel hungry is when I start up my running again - have been on holiday and then have spent the last 10 days playing catch up at home and with my eBay store, so I am hoping this weekend I will finish it all off and be able to get back exercising again next week.

I have porridge with me today - are they quite nice?

I couldnt resist getting on the scales this morning after only being on it one day and had lost 1.5lb :D and considering I am not actually overweight and am doing this for my own personal choice, I was chuffed to bits :D

I think what will make me feel hungry is when I start up my running again - have been on holiday and then have spent the last 10 days playing catch up at home and with my eBay store, so I am hoping this weekend I will finish it all off and be able to get back exercising again next week.

I have porridge with me today - are they quite nice?

I was a little bad yesterday, i had a muffin in the afternoon, no reason, just wanted one, so had one! will not bring money to work with me anymore so I can't give into temptation! Have got an apple and a peach with me today to nibble on! I also have a small stash of pumpkin seeds in my drawer in case of emergencies!

Well done on your loss, i didn't lose anything this week, maybe because of what happend yesterday :(

I didn't like the porrige and have not ordered any for next month, and I really like granola! I may go back to porrige when it's colder outside (not that it isn't already)

Missq - could you or someone please tell me how to get my weight stats down the side of my profile please? Many thanks

Loobyloo35 you should be able to add it by going to 'USER CP' then 'EDIT DETAILS' then any fields you add data to should show on your next post....good luck

I was a little bad yesterday, i had a muffin in the afternoon, no reason, just wanted one, so had one! will not bring money to work with me anymore so I can't give into temptation! Have got an apple and a peach with me today to nibble on! I also have a small stash of pumpkin seeds in my drawer in case of emergencies!

Well done on your loss, i didn't lose anything this week, maybe because of what happend yesterday :(

I didn't like the porrige and have not ordered any for next month, and I really like granola! I may go back to porrige when it's colder outside (not that it isn't already)

Muffin? Oh no that is my worst temptation too! I like the Millie's Cookies ones with all the crisp topping that's the best bit! Making me feel hungry now!

I had porridge today, can't say I was overly keen on it, it was OK, not sure I could eat the chocolate granloa every day though.

I have ordered some meals off LWWF which should hopefully arrive today. Like people say its all about portion control and the meals they give us are filling enough but it just goes to show that some days I wasnt eating enough and others I was eating too much, no wonder the weight crept back on!

I am determined to stick at this now, even though I only want to lose the original stone I lost 4 years ago, I might add a couple of extra pound, once I get back down to 10st 4lb it starts to fall off my face so have to go very careful.

Each to their own I say, I like Diet Chef I like the food and also the way it teaches you portion sizes. I cant do Cambridge as I like to chew my food and not sip it, I found it gave great results but I struggled on the maintenance side... still didn't know about portion sizes so Diet Chef works for me. ;)

I have done Diet Chef, I didn't not like the food. Found the soup for lunch left me starving and all the dinners began to look and taste the same.

Ok well you can have a roll or a slice bread with the soup or salad..or fruit..
I have never been hungry on DC infact
i eat better now on dc with all the added
fruit and veg..and you have such a great choice of real food Lasagna,macaroni cheese, curry, paella,sausage casserole.
how can you say they look the same :confused:
DC is great.....its the only diet thats worked for me..alot better than drinking shakes all day..

Last edited:
Ok well you can have a roll or a slice bread with the soup or salad..or fruit..
I have never been hungry on DC infact
i eat better now on dc with all the added
fruit and veg..and you have such a great choice of real food Lasagna,macaroni cheese, curry, paella,sausage casserole.
how can you say they look the same :confused:
DC is great.....

You go girl!!!!

Hey all currently on day 4 of DC. OMG how good is the food by the way???? I reallt didn't expect it to be as good as it is. The Lasagna is sooooooooooooooo delicious!!(It's my fave so far lol) Had porridge for brekkie today but I must say I am not too keen on that...it's like cement lol. I don't think I'll be ordering that again. The soups are really nice too...fair enough they aint a patch on Heinz, but still very tasty. I'm having red pepper and goats cheese soup for lunch which I cant wait for. then sweet and sour chicken for t :)

I must say that that the only extra's I've had is one glass of diet coke with my evening meal and a third of a plate of veg and I haven't felt Hungry at all. I have my brekkie, either granola or porridge around 8am. Have my snack of GI biscuits of those Nairn oat bakes around 11.30am...have my lunch of soup or milkshake around 2.30/3.00pm ish and then my t around 5.30/6.00ish and I am amazed that I have not felt hungry. My only concern is that I weighed myself today to check what my loss was and was very dissapointed to have stayed the same :( Has anyone got any suggestions of why this is??

I really want this to work because I am really enjoying it and it's great to be eating real food. I have done Cambridge and LL in the past and lost weight with them, but really struggled. I know I'm going to do this one as I don't feel the need to cheat because I'm getting to chew on real food lol.

Good luck everyone

Debbie x x x

HI Debbie, I also think it's a great diet. you say your not having many extras please make sure your getting enough cals..
If your on the 1200 cals a day plan you really need to add around
400 extra cals as DC food comes in at around 800 cals, a really good site to use is www.myfitnesspal.com
its free and it makes checking that your eating enough very easy.
I have a slice of bread with my soup, 40g dry weight of rice, pasta,
plus added veg with my evening meal..and i eat two pieces of fruit a day..If you dont eat enough your body may go into starvation mode
and you wont lose weight..also drink alot of water it does help..
sorry for going on abit but its important to eat enough.
itsy xx

Thanks Itsy. I will check that out. To be perfectly honest tho I am not hungry at all so don't feel the need to eat more. I'm amazed as I have never felt full in the past whilst eating normal food.

There are only 3 products that I am not keen on after one and a half weeks on it: The salmon bake thing (Too watery) The fruit oat bar (Too dry) and the pea and ham soup (Ham was good in it, but soup was bland)...does anyone know what kind of things we can put on our meals eg, salt/pepper/sauce? and if we are allowed to have potatoes? I'm all new to this so just trying to get my bearings.

Well Sunday was my official 1 week weigh in and I'm very happy to report that I lost 6lbs :) I am so pleased...Onwards and downwards...woo hoo :)

Hope everyone else is doing well, would love to hear everyone elses likes/dislikes and meal ideas.

Good Luck all.

Debbie x x x

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: MAD MAD !!!!!!

Just posted a list of goodies for DebbieDimple...and went to submit the post and minimins had logged me out :confused::mad::eek: why does it do that..it needs fixed!!!!
frustrated....lol

Back