Anyone doing Red / Green rather than Extra Easy

flutter-by-us

Silver Member
Hi there I am starting SW tomorrow and just wondered if anyone is doing red / green days (instead of extra easy) and post their diaries so I could have a peek at some menus please. Mostly interested in red days as carb restriction worked for me previously but I found Atkins too extreme to do long term.
Or if anyone can tell if there is a specific section with red menus as I can't found one :)
Thanks in advance.
xx

Hi! Loads of people still do green and red plans for a variety of reasons. You can do whichever plan suits your lifestyle best. Personally I do all green and was always starving when I tried the red plan. Now I'm a veggie so green is still the best option.

There isn't a specific forum for red recipes but when people post new recipes they are supposed to include a prefix showing if it is red, green or EE. You can do a search for those threads with a red day prefix.

i used to do ee but now i am doing green days, i'm going to stick with green as i rarely eat meat or fish. i'm still losing weight and saving some money too since copious amounts of veg and the price of meat and fish were crippling me :)

I do red days as I also find my body hates carbs !!! I ave a link to my food diary in my signature , although i havent filled it in for a week or so I hope to start keeping it more up to date !!! may give you some ideas though , if you want any recipes just shout :D

i used to do ee but now i am doing green days, i'm going to stick with green as i rarely eat meat or fish. i'm still losing weight and saving some money too since copious amounts of veg and the price of meat and fish were crippling me :)

Hmmm Katty good point as meat and more so fish are so expensive at the moment. How do you find your weight loss (I see you have lost loads - well done) eating lots of past etc and do you eat the wholewheat / brown varieties or just normal white rice etc?

I do red days as I also find my body hates carbs !!! I ave a link to my food diary in my signature , although i havent filled it in for a week or so I hope to start keeping it more up to date !!! may give you some ideas though , if you want any recipes just shout :D

Thanks determinator will definitely have a look at your diary :)

Hi flutter-by-us
I do a mixture of all 3 plans, and keep a diary which you'll see linked in my signature .
Good luck , wishing you every sucess

Thanks Debridger will have a look at your diaries :)

hi yes i use wholewheat pasta with sometimes white pasta mixed in, wholegrain rice and i eat a jacket potato almost everyday. i have wholemeal bread as my hb everyday for brekkie and buy some frozen veg and stir fry mixes which are usually quite resonable in tesco/asda. still get my salad stuff but as far as my weekly shopping bill goes i am definitly saving my pennies, but then i never really enjoyed meat or fish anyway so i don't miss it.
i've lost 3 lb since i started the green 2 and a half weeks ago so its definitly working aswell as ee did for me.

Hey,
I am new to the site - just joined today but I am planning to do green and red days as I find EE a little confusing. I will be posting my food diary on here as well - I am vegetarian so I will be using a lot of quorn in my meals.

I did EE for the 1st month or so, have done pretty much all green days with the odd EE day since. I love having the 2 HE's

I just do green, there's a link to my diary in my sig. Good luck x

Mainly red, but my c changed me to ee this week. We shall see! Will let you know tomorrow when the scales "speak to me"

Hi there

I have worked my way through the 3 plans and done a mixture along the way -but I now do all red days and I have a carb curfew too ;)
here is the link to my diary -you will need to jump towards the end for where all the red days started. I post my meal plan every day so there will be a few -hope it helps

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/149197-shedding-wobble.html

Hi Capricorn thanks do find red works better for you or do you just prefer meat etc. I do love pasta and rice etc but to be honest didn't miss them too much on Atkins! I will definitely have a look at your diary - thanks xx

hi yes i use wholewheat pasta with sometimes white pasta mixed in, wholegrain rice and i eat a jacket potato almost everyday. i have wholemeal bread as my hb everyday for brekkie and buy some frozen veg and stir fry mixes which are usually quite resonable in tesco/asda. still get my salad stuff but as far as my weekly shopping bill goes i am definitly saving my pennies, but then i never really enjoyed meat or fish anyway so i don't miss it.
i've lost 3 lb since i started the green 2 and a half weeks ago so its definitly working aswell as ee did for me.

Well done on your continued weight loss Katty I will be keeping an eye on the pennies as with 4 of us there isn't much going spare! x

I just do green, there's a link to my diary in my sig. Good luck x

Hi Beegee thank you will check out your menus too x

Mainly red, but my c changed me to ee this week. We shall see! Will let you know tomorrow when the scales "speak to me"

Hi Hollys nan hope you EE worked for you this week - good luck with weigh in xx

Find ee really hard, so hope the scales reward me for what has been a difficult week. Fast forward was mentioned by my c if this doesnt work, and the word "hungry" was included in the same sentence, so am really really hoping this week has been good, weight wise! Just wish I liked salad and more veg, thank god for fruit!

Hi Flutter

I love my red days because I like 2A+Bs and I need to keep my carbs in check as I used to be a "carb junky" :p- but now I find that I don't like the feeling I get if I have too many. Even when I did green or EE I still weighed out the carbs even though I didn't have to so Im no better off on those 2 plans.
I gave up bread when I started SW and haven't touched it since and I don't miss it at all :happy036:-even though I bake for hubby, I have also given up pasta too as it started giving me stomach cramps, but again -I don't miss it :faint2:
Recently I have been using my heBs for porridge or weetabix in a morning and various kinds of beans at lunch time and in an evening I don't have carbs and it seems to suit me,
I don't eat great lumps of meat either so Im not actually eating more meat so its no more expensive,
I guess its a case off tweaking the plan ntil you find what suits, I know the way I eat and the extra restrictions I put on wouldn't suit everyone but for me I ahve never felt better :party0011:
I hope you find what works best for you...

Oh I hope they're good to you too Hollysnan you haven't got far to go at all so fingers crossed! xx

I find it hard to eat and enjoy fruit after Atkins and even find grapes etc too sweet (not chocolate though weird!) so I'll try and major on veggies and salad.

Ps what is fast forward?

Hi Flutter

I love my red days because I like 2A+Bs and I need to keep my carbs in check as I used to be a "carb junky" :p- but now I find that I don't like the feeling I get if I have too many. Even when I did green or EE I still weighed out the carbs even though I didn't have to so Im no better off on those 2 plans.
I gave up bread when I started SW and haven't touched it since and I don't miss it at all :happy036:-even though I bake for hubby, I have also given up pasta too as it started giving me stomach cramps, but again -I don't miss it :faint2:
Recently I have been using my heBs for porridge or weetabix in a morning and various kinds of beans at lunch time and in an evening I don't have carbs and it seems to suit me,
I don't eat great lumps of meat either so Im not actually eating more meat so its no more expensive
I guess its a case off tweaking the plan ntil you find what suits, I know the way I eat and the extra restrictions I put on wouldn't suit everyone but for me I ahve never felt better :party0011:
I hope you find what works best for you...

Hi Capricorn I must admit I missed my bread and enjoy a small slice of brown in the morning with my eggs so good on you for baking and not being tempted. I do enjoy it more and can't eat white stuff anymore! I think you're right re tweaking it until I find what best suits you've obviously found what suits you :) well done! x

Think its something they set for you individually if yr struggling! She did say if I dont like something she has set, I cant substitute it for something else! And as I am pretty fussy, well I think the word "intresting" amongst others springs to mind. S W dont really like to discuss fast forward apparently dont know why, perhaps because it is drastic, well it flamin well sounds it doesnt it lol. Really dont want to go down that route,and as you say I dont have much further to go. Perhaps that is the reason,

Hmmm yes sounds serious business!!! like it's meant to kickstart things again hopefully it won't come to that and you'll get a decent loss this week!

Back