Anyone doing SW with their partner?

haannah

Hiya, really sorry if this has been posted before but I had a look and couldn't find anything similar :)

I was just wondering if anyone else does slimming world with their partner etc? I joined in May but my OH has recently started it too (the beginning of September). Although he did start a higher weight than myself, both our starting BMI's were the same as he is 6ft 4, so I thought he may have a similar journey to me...

HOWEVER, since joining he has lost 1st 4lbs (in six weeks) and has gone waaay over his syns every week, except the first. I'm definitely really proud of him, but so frustrating when I look at my own losses and what I've eaten in comparison.

Anyone else the same?! :)

yep, my other half reached his 2 stone target in about 6 weeks. Only did the plan 100% for the first 2 weeks, after that he had more syns and the occasional extra HEB. Now he is in target and keeps his meals SW friendly as I make them, and if he has a takeaway he only ever has a chicken kebab but apart from that he eats whatever he wants, what cakes or choc he wants and still manages to stay in target! Its so infuriating as I have to really fight for my weight loss sometimes!

As I do all the meals my wife had to "follow the SW way" or starve! She has since lost over 3 stone and feels great as she is feeling much fitter and admits she has never eaten such a wide choice of food.....

I joined with my hubby last year. He also went storming ahead of me at the start. So annoying but it's good to have a bit of competition.

We don't go to group anymore but still follow SW. His losses slowed right down as he lost interest but I've kept losing (albeit really slowly!)

It's a good plan as it doesn't really deny you of anything so perfect for couples to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I do, and it's definately true that men lose faster than women, which can get a little discouraging, but on the other hand i'm so happy for him as i was starting to worry about health issues as it's all around his tummy, which we all know means more cardiac issues :(

But it's also easier, both having the same stuff (most of the time) and encouraging each other when we walk past cake shops (damn thats hard!! :p)

We started off needing to lose the same amount each, and he's way ahead of me and will get there long before me, but i just keep thinking that he'll have 6 months of maintaining on me, so he will be able to help me out there :p

I guess if you are competitive, then that could also help maybe? I'm not remotely but he is, that's probably quite annoying for him lol. I'm very much the "it's just a game, easy tiger"" kinda chick lmao

I eventually persuaded my hubby to jump onboard the S W bus when he had a bit of a scare with his bloods. He is diabetic and for years I have been worried about his weight. I joined S W Jan 2011 and he just wasnt interested. I gave up talking to him about it and was frustrated and worreid about him. Because I am fussy we often have different meals but I am quite happy to cook different meals as he is now totally focussed, he doesnt go to group, I just do all his meal planning and cooking. I am retired so have the time. He has lost 10lb so far and I photocopied my old 0.5stone cert, blanked out my name and put his in and gave it to him when he had lost 7 lbs. He was so pleased, my c gave me a sticker to give to him too. (We do like stickers dont we). He is now looking forward to his stone sticky! Again I will photocopy my old one and put his name on. It is pride of place in the kitchen. I sometimes put motivational messages in his butty box when he is at work!!! And he is enjoying his meals too. I have been at target for a long time now so I cant compare weight loss with him, I am just one very proud and happy wife!!! :)

Oh wow thanks for the feedback everyone!! Really nice to see that this is common, and that there are other people in the same situation. Definitely agreed on the 80% thing too, yeah haven't seen him gain yet but I suppose he's only six weeks in.

My husband lost another 2lbs today, so very pleased. His losses are about right not big losses but steady. Going in the right direction, :)

I eventually persuaded my hubby to jump onboard the S W bus when he had a bit of a scare with his bloods. He is diabetic and for years I have been worried about his weight. I joined S W Jan 2011 and he just wasnt interested. I gave up talking to him about it and was frustrated and worreid about him. Because I am fussy we often have different meals but I am quite happy to cook different meals as he is now totally focussed, he doesnt go to group, I just do all his meal planning and cooking. I am retired so have the time. He has lost 10lb so far and I photocopied my old 0.5stone cert, blanked out my name and put his in and gave it to him when he had lost 7 lbs. He was so pleased, my c gave me a sticker to give to him too. (We do like stickers dont we). He is now looking forward to his stone sticky! Again I will photocopy my old one and put his name on. It is pride of place in the kitchen. I sometimes put motivational messages in his butty box when he is at work!!! And he is enjoying his meals too. I have been at target for a long time now so I cant compare weight loss with him, I am just one very proud and happy wife!!! :)

Love this post

Its really tough when your partner looses quicker than you. I actually contemplated sabotaging my husband at one point and then realised I was being mental.

Fact is, men loose quicker than women!

Without getting into SW and calorie counting thing men need more calories than women (is it 2500 vs 2000?).

Divide his loss by 1.25, if that doesn't work try % of starting weight lost. Repeat until you find a measure you're winning on.

And if all else fails there is always the sabotage route. Full English every Sunday, two frying pans, one with lard and one with frylight.

My OH eats fairly healthy and isn't fussy but he had gained about a stone and wasnt happy. After 9 months of doing sw myself, we came back from hols and he announced he was finally going to join me! He has been on the wagon with me ever since! In 4 weeks he has lost 9lb and I'm pretty pleased for him (he's also looking pretty hot to!) but compared to my 4lb weight loss in the same time, it's very frustrating ESP as I work out 4/5 times a week and he only comes with me once on a week. But men naturally have more muscle and we all know muscle burns calories even when the body is sedimentary.... So it's just biology. I got in from yoga Saturday ready to tear in to my new copy of the slimming world magazine and he had already opened it and read all the recipes! I'm really pleased he is taking an interest and it makes me staying on plan much much easier :) x

My OH is dieting with me too. It's much better as we keep each other motivated. But it is annoying that he has lost 2 st and I've only lost 1 :(. But he is a lot bigger than me and has more to loose. To make me feel better he worked our loses out as a percentage of what we both weighed and had to loose and it wasn't so different.

Without getting into SW and calorie counting thing men need more calories than women (is it 2500 vs 2000?).

Divide his loss by 1.25, if that doesn't work try % of starting weight lost. Repeat until you find a measure you're winning on.

And if all else fails there is always the sabotage route. Full English every Sunday, two frying pans, one with lard and one with frylight.

Haha love all your comments, amazing! But yes that's a good point about the 2500 thing, thanks!

Back