Anyone doing the 5:2 diet?

Plucked up the courage and weighed.... 4lbs lost in 11days so well pleased with that.
It certainly gets easier as I get used to what makes up the 500 cals on fast days without spending ages in calculations.
At the moment doing Mon, Wed and Friday each week works for me .... but will go to 2 days a week if I have to.
40th wedding anniversary coming up in May.... so that's what i'm aiming at !
Lets all have a good w/end

thats amazing! congrats foddier!

I genuinely think that the weight loss doesnt come from fasting, it comes from reduced calories as a total over 7 days. dont go nuts on up days but do eat whatever you want, I had a bottle of wine last friday and 2 cakes over the week too, also Galaxy ripple is 175 and is the way to go on UD's if you want some chocolate.

i am honestly eating less on UD's than I used to because Im not so hungry as I used to be, or at least if I am hungry i dont go nuts. learn what full is, theres full and theres ridiculous, thats my mantra.

I bought a pack of 4 muffins this week and Ive just put two in the bin, they were ridiculously sweet and didnt really taste that good so i figured "Im not gonna eat these" and chucked them away. believe me that would NEVER happen before I started on 5:2. Its brain training, I simply dont need that much food to feel good.

great work so far, good luck and much love, Levin x

ps. i have a glass of wine now, weekend and all that :D

Good luck for your weigh-in Chubbycheeks but don't make my mistake and get too hung up on the scales.How you feel is just as important I'm now finding and I was actually looking forward to todays fast.... how weird is that ?!

Interesting diet. Like juddd

Last edited:
Wondering about doing this diet for a few weeks, I've been doing SW for a year but my losses have been really slow that I'm not as motivated as I should be, thinking maybe 5 days on SW and then two days fasting might bump my weight loss up and stop me eating everything in sight on other days...

Looked at the thread on the first page of the thread and that seems to be a similar diet but the people seem to do 3 days fasting same as I saw on a couple of sites people were doing it everyother day instead of just two. so just wondering what everyone else does, do you do two days or three fasting?

Interested in doing it too to see if it actually works from the science side of it too

Yeah I'm interested to. Someone was talking about it on the telly. I think I'm gonna give it a go starting next week as away this weekend! Any tips/rules etc. and what's was the average weight loss?
Kim x

Me too

Had my first fast day yesterday and it went well, managed to get to 16 hours before eating, then really made myself eat slowly from my list of food and not rush onto the next bit of food, plenty of water inbetween.... going to set all my food out again tonight for tomorrow, then it's ready to eat... actually last night I had cals to spare not too many, 40 it was I think it was enought o have had another hot chocolate but I was too lazy to get back up and make one haha.

Found I was hungry about 8 oclock, but took my daughter upto bed put the tv on and kept telling myself I'd get the last of my calories in at the end of the programme, then pushed it to the next programme etc. and managed to push it to 2 1/2 hours before eating anything and I was past the worst of the hunger by then...

What I did do was worked a hot chocolate into my days menu to have at bedtime so I had something nice to look forward too well worth the 40 cals ....

Found I was hungry about 8 oclock, but took my daughter upto bed put the tv on and kept telling myself I'd get the last of my calories in at the end of the programme, then pushed it to the next programme etc. and managed to push it to 2 1/2 hours before eating anything and I was past the worst of the hunger by then...QUOTE]

thats the tip right there! sounds like you have got it sussed so far! I find I push just another hour and when that hour comes I'm not that hungry! You might soon find you actually have lots of energy on fast days too, i tend to get loads done!

Good luck and keep at it! Levin x

Hey all, is anyone still doing this diet? I started on Monday and today is my first fast day :) I think its actually an excellent idea for a diet, last year I didn't diet 1 day but I lost 16lbs throughout the course of the year. And that's purely because every now and then I'd be stressed/busy and just wouldn't eat for a day or so. So I've decided to follow the plan but structure it so that on the other 5 days I'm eating sensibly (massively pigged out last year!) Hope it's going ok for everyone and good luck!

I did the 5:2 diet and it knocked me for 6!! I eventually when into starvation mode and gained back every lb I lost. I'm now doing it properly and working my butt off to keep the lbs off for good xxx

Back