anyone doing this to concieve?

lollylou1

like the title says?
i am trying to lose alot of weight in the hope that it will help me concieve.
me and my husband have been trying now for almost 2 years without any success
was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who is doing the diet for the same reason and if so has it helped with anything so far
thanks
sorry for going on
Lolly
xxx

I am loosing weight mainly for my wedding but when i get married we are trying for a baby so in effect yes. I have already started taking folic acid as i have heard that if you take it up to a year to 2 years before you conceieve it can eliminate alot of the problems you can get with birth.

Good luck.
xx

I'm hoping to have number two once I lose all the weight. I feel so unattractive at the moment and my libido is non existent, so I am hoping losing the weight will help.

Hi lolly, I'm not doing this ttc but on the prefix that it will be less baby weight to lose next time. I've already got a two year old boy and got pregnant at bmi 44 so I was lucky but judging by what I see on here you're going definately in the right direction, a friend of mine lost about four stone and got a BFP straight away after. Can't wait to follow your progress, you'll def do it, what a lovely reason to lose the weight xx

Hi there, my name is Carol, I am 35 years old, Mummy to Abbie, who will be two in March and wife to Terry. :D
I am on day four of the Cambridge sole source and hope to loose 100lb + on it.
I have always struggled with my weight :cry: and it took us two years to concieve Abbie and have been trying (unsucsessfully) to concieve baby number 2, for the past year.
Iam hoping that the weight loss will help with ttc, as I really want another brother or sister for Abbie, and I feel my clock, tick, tick, ticking away! :rolleyes:

Mine too, I shall be 37 next month!! And DS will be 4 in July so I don't want to much more of a gap.

Yes, like you we've been trying for a couple of years but now progressing to IVF :cry:. I'm doing this in desperation to be allowed to go forward treatment in a couple of months (its pretty embarassing being weighed by consultants and constantly told that you're medically obese!). I dont know whether to tell the consultants that I am doing this diet or whether it will count against me, any opinions? As far as I am concerned I am losing weight and getting all the vitamins and nutrients I need so it can only help.

Like everyone else, Natalie in particular, I am doing this for other reasons too.

Good luck to you all, this baby making can be so stressful!

thanks

Having a baby isnt the only reason i want to lose the weight but it definitely the main reason. i want to feel better about myself, have more confidence and obviously better health but first and most importantly its for a baby
i hope that losing weight just under 4 stone so far will help me but i find it very hard when i think all my close friends except 2 around me are pregnant and all i want is for that to be me sharing that with them
keep me posted on all your progresses
Lolly
xxx

Back