Anyone done Exante after lighterlife

karenlisa

Hi all, i had about 2.5 weeks of lighter life packs left over from last years efforts, next week when they are finished i will move on to Exante. I did lighterlife for 3 months last year and lost 3 stone. Just wondering if anyone has done both diets and if there weight losses each wk were simiular on both diets? I have a stone less to lose this time so i wonder if that will slow things?

Hiya,
I did LL a couple of years ago, and am now doing Exante. I've found my weightlosses to be pretty similar. If anything I've lost slightly faster on Exante.
The packs are a bit different, and you only have 3 a day on Exante, instead of 4; but overall, given how much cheaper this one is, I'm happy with Exante :)

Hi, although I haven't done LL I have done CD 3 times in the past. I have been on Exante for 8 days now and have lost 9lb, which I am thrilled about :)

After asking advice on this forum I have been mixing my CD with my Exante as I have a few just out of date tetra's to use up.

To be honest I really like Exante. I feel fuller on this diet more than I ever did on CD. I am not knocking CD as it has worked for me in the past but I definately think I will stick with Exante - Exante is the way forward for me lol

I have just had a vegetable soup for my dinner and I love it, I would choose to eat it! I like everything except the Tomato soup but you will learn what you like and don't like. So, my advice is go for it - its great :)

Thanks ladies, i don't like my lighterlife counsellor so feel i'am paying £70 pw for the packs and the 'therapy' side of it is wasted on me. I don't feel hungry on it so going down to 3 packs doesn't worry me, i have to say though i have tried 2 of the exante packs and felt like they were some knid of punishment for putting the weight back on lol, the tom soup was the worst thing i have ever eaten! ARGHHH
I will be happy with a 3lb a week loss. Thanks again

I did LL nearly 2 years ago and lost 5 stones with it.The counselling was a complete waste of time as far as I am concerned and I got far more support on this board.Although I've just finished my first WI my loss in the first week is roughly the same, and I am nearly 2.5 stone lighter starting off this time.The cost is the main issue and although Exante isn't quite as nice I am getting more used to it. x

I agree jcjazy that exante isn't as nice but i keep telling myself it's about £180 a month less and i don't have to sit through the lighterlife cbt which for me is a complete waste of my life! I only have to get through 6 weeks so will hold my nose and get through it.

Yep and use curry powder,chilli,coffee and cinnammon to flavour the shakes.Funnily enough I love the banana which I hated on LL, and hate the strawberry which was one of my faves on LL! Strange :confused: .....

Just to add to what the others are saying - I switched to Exante from LL for the same reasons as you and it was equally effective. One tip is that if you are struggling with 3 meals after being used to 4, weigh out one of your packs and have half as usual and half later. I did this in the early days of the switch and it really helped.
Keep up the good work!
x

I lost almost 9 stone on lighterlife a couple of years ago. Put 4 and a bit back on so am following Exante for a month or two to get some of it back off again. My losses have been fine so far. I was quite happy to go back to lighterlife if they offered a cheaper option without meetings but they wouldn't. The cost difference is hard to ignore.

yeah the cost factor is the main thing why people come to Exante, and to be quite honest the losses are the same or slightly more than LL

Yeah Starlight, I remember last year June/July there being just a handful of us on Exante, came back a week ago and this forum has just exploded, excellent to see.

I just hope that Exante don't put their prices up now!

Yes, I originally came over from CD. CD has worked for me in the past and I wouldn't have been looking for an alternative if they weren't so expensive. I said in another post, I think eventually they will price themselves out of the market. However, I am glad I found Exante as I think I prefer it.

Back