Anyone else 5ft?

Foo Fan

Gold Member
Hi All,

I'm 5ft and my goal is 9st (BMI 24.5) - maybe 8st 12lbs so I would have lost 4st in total.

The lower end of my BMI (18.9) is 7st!!!

Do you think I should lower my goal? I dont want to get to goal and still look over weight.

Is anyone else 5ft? If so whats your goal?

Yes im 5ft!! *waves*
My goal was originally 10st but then i would have still been overweight so I lowered it to 9st 7lbs...tbh I think me lowering it any further would just be unrealistic but im just taking each day as it comes really!
If you get to goal or near it and think you look overweight then just lower goal and keep going :D
Though you have said at 9st your BMI will be 24.5 that cant be right??? So just about in the normal range...thats crazy!
*goes off to look at BMI charts*

Just had a look, im going to lower my goal weight to about 9st too. So now I have even more weight too loose lol.

Hi, I'm 5ft2 and I've set myself a goal of 9st 6 which is the the top of a healthy bmi, once I get there I'm going to see if I want to lose anymore weight. My target weight is 8.10 which puts me in the middle of my bmi. I think you should go with how you feel, get to your first goal and see. :)

Thanks both!

Yvonne - I know this BMI thing is crazy.. For a BMI of 25 exactly I should be 9st 4lbs.. Dont think I'll get much lower than 9stone though!

bmi charts are bo****ks!

They don't take into account exActly what type of body you have

Usually at 10'7 i'm very slim and I'm 5'4 only but very curvy. My lowest weight range us 8 stone something, sorry i'd look I'll!

What I'm saying is go with how you feel :) my hubby must have a bmi of about 45 but doesn't have a drop of fat on him, he's a body builder.... So it all depends

I go by the mirror, not stats/ charts.

X

Hi, i'm 5ft 2" and my goal is 8st 7lbs which givs me a bmi of 21.3 so right in the middle of healthy, i used to weigh 8-8 1/2st and was an 8/10 so hoping my goal will get me in to size 10's again, although my body has changed drastically so think it may actually get me in to a size 12. Anything would be better than what i'm in now and tbh I just can't wait to get to 9st 10lb just to get in to the healthy weight range again!

I think your goal is realistic, you could always wait until you get there and see how you feel then.

Being short sucks!
I am 5ft 2inches and I hate that is makes your bmi, so high, when you are so short!
I have only set little goals so far, so that they don't seem that far out of reach, but ultimatley would like to be in the 8-9st region x

im 5'3 and my goals 9stone which i think puts me practically in the middle of the healthy bmi. im quite broad built so im hoping i will look a nice size at that weight its the same weight i went to when i did lipotrim but i have had another child since so who knows. i think the best bet is to reach your initial goal as its in the healthy range see how you feel then and if your not happy then lower it. i think 8st 2 is the lowest for my height but i know id look terrible that small. im frustrated with my measurements more than my weight now lol my boobs wont go away.

for years i thought i was 5'2 but have recently had my height checked i am just about 5 foot 1 ...:eek: i know it's not a lot but it has changed my BMI and now i feel oh no i have more to lose ... having changed my goal loads currently calorie counting with exercise i am thinking of coming back to cambridge to do the steps as i now have 28lbs to go... my sister is 5'6 - same weight at the moment and looks too skinny - so girls we are not over weight just under tall -lol:p:)

I'm 5ft1. My first goal was 9st 3lbs. Then 8st 13lbs and I've changed it to 8st 9lbs as I now I'll be most comfortable around there. We're all so different so it really depends. Well done on the 4 stone xxx

hi i`m 5ft exactly or 60inches tall how ever you want to say it lol
i want to get to 10stone then see how i feel
when i saw my gp he said 10stone was a good goal to set he also said i`m over 40 had 5 kids and to not get silly and think we all need to be at the lower end of our BMI`s
he said the guidelines are just a guide and if i felt healthy at 10 then that would be exceptable
this would still make me overweight though so if i wanted help to say have a tummy tuck i would need to get down to around 8stones
i think see how you feel with each stone you lose and go by that

for years i thought i was 5'2 but have recently had my height checked i am just about 5 foot 1 ...:eek: i know it's not a lot but it has changed my BMI and now i feel oh no i have more to lose ... having changed my goal loads currently calorie counting with exercise i am thinking of coming back to cambridge to do the steps as i now have 28lbs to go... my sister is 5'6 - same weight at the moment and looks too skinny - so girls we are not over weight just under tall -lol:p:)

Same!! For ages I thought I was 5 2" and recently discovered im only 5ft :cry: you look fab at 9st 13lbs though!!

I'm only 4ft 11"! Set my goal at 8st (22.2 BMI) but I'm thinking now that it might be a bit optimistic and may be easier for me if I set it at 9 instead, giving me a BMI of 25.4. Would still be a tiny bit overweight but a hell of a lot better than it is now!! lol

Back