anyone else a daily scale hopper??

RebekahR

Gold Member
I never normally keep scales at home as its one if those things I find is a bit of an OCD trigger!!

Anyway I got scales knowing I would need to check once a week.

I have been on them everyday! It is going to ruin my fun on Wednesday i know.

Going to try my best to stay off till Wednesday now!! Just hoping the 7.5lb stays gone!!

Anyone else a daily scale hopper?? LOL

So Embarassin!! Until four weeks ago I hadn't weighed in years now I can't stop!!

X

I'm a daily weigher and I find it keeps me motivated. Seeing the scales go down definitely keeps me on track. Don't be embarrassed! If it works for you, stick with it.

The only time I would suggest stopping the daily weighing is if you find they haven't moved for a while and you find yourself getting demotivated. With these diets sometimes the scales don't move for a few days, even though you've done everything right, then suddenly you get a big whoosh!

Some people (like me) weigh every day, some once a week, some less than that. Do what works for you - whatever helps you stick on plan!

I used to on my other diets all the time was always so happy when I could see the lbs coming off bit if I sts for says threw me off so I'm not doing that this time.

If it keeps you motivated though and helps you regardless then do what ever you need to do to keep you on track x

I am going to put my scales in the loft out the way after my 2nd weigh in on Thursday! Have been weighing 3-4 times a day sometimes and getting down that they aren't moving, it makes me want to quit. Once a wk or even fortnight from Thursday I think! Doesnt hurt to weigh every day so long as it doesnt demoralise you though :eek:) x

ticktock said:
I am going to put my scales in the loft out the way after my 2nd weigh in on Thursday! Have been weighing 3-4 times a day sometimes and getting down that they aren't moving, it makes me want to quit. Once a wk or even fortnight from Thursday I think! Doesnt hurt to weigh every day so long as it doesnt demoralise you though :eek:) x

That's me as well makes me think why bother !!

So my took them to the shed x :)

omg such will power! I'm sure I read on here about someone who was only going to weigh themselves once a month! I'm terrible for it. I woke up this morning feeling a bit podgy so obviously had to find out if this was true....wonder what excuse I'll come up with tomorrow ;-p

I weigh daily sometimes 3-4 times a day, however I find it keeps me motivated especially if I have a gain it gives me a kick start to up my water intake. x

I have to admit I've been weighing myself daily as well. I find it motivating too. Ive had a wedding and a private gig this weekend and no control over the main meal, so I have tried really hard to make sure I stuck within protein, especially with this being my first week....and lo and behold, when I jumped on the scales this morning to see what damage I had done, I had still lost! Which was really motivating as I had really tried hard to stay within the limits of the programme....
I guess its different for everyone really. Depends if you would go have a binge if you'd put weight on I suppose :)
xx

I am a (twice!) daily weigher too. I find it interesting & motivating to keep close track on things! :p

Thinking about longer term maintenance have realized that I probably need to weigh myself regularly (thinking once a week?) in future as the scales don't lie - whereas I can fool myself with the range of fits & sizes of clothes in my wardrobe at present...
Last time i lost weight & then stopped weighing myself regularly (denial?) was when the weight started piling back on.

I am a weekly weigher, I had a bit of a 'problem' after my first child , lost 6 stone and was obsessed with what I was eating and what I weighed, I didn't think it was healthy and I was bordering on having an eating disorder :( My mother confiscated my scales and I began to put less importance on what I weighed each morning, I was allowed a weekly weigh , I kept my weight off healthily for 5 yrs until I had DS no 2 and regained all my weight etc etc. I honestly believe nothing is gained by daily weighing apart from dissapointment and frustration. Yes its great seeing the weight go down daily but that only really happens in week 1, the rest of the time your weight will fluctuate or sts during the week, a weekly weigh or longer if you can stand it gives a much clearer overall picture of how you are doing.
I actually look forward to my weekly weigh and find it keeps me focused on my weekly goal. This is just my opinion, you have to do what works for you :)

Spandex said:
omg such will power! I'm sure I read on here about someone who was only going to weigh themselves once a month! I'm terrible for it. I woke up this morning feeling a bit podgy so obviously had to find out if this was true....wonder what excuse I'll come up with tomorrow ;-p

I read the month one too I know I'd have sneeky peaks unless my oh took them with him
To bed and to work lol ;) x

bajoleth said:
I am a weekly weigher, I had a bit of a 'problem' after my first child , lost 6 stone and was obsessed with what I was eating and what I weighed, I didn't think it was healthy and I was bordering on having an eating disorder :( My mother confiscated my scales and I began to put less importance on what I weighed each morning, I was allowed a weekly weigh , I kept my weight off healthily for 5 yrs until I had DS no 2 and regained all my weight etc etc. I honestly believe nothing is gained by daily weighing apart from dissapointment and frustration. Yes its great seeing the weight go down daily but that only really happens in week 1, the rest of the time your weight will fluctuate or sts during the week, a weekly weigh or longer if you can stand it gives a much clearer overall picture of how you are doing.
I actually look forward to my weekly weigh and find it keeps me focused on my weekly goal. This is just my opinion, you have to do what works for you :)

I agree with you that's exactly how I felt when I weighed daily or every few days !! It did make me wanna chuck in the towel and I like the surprise if seeing what iv lost .

Gives us somthing to look forward too ! X

I'm going to abstain now until Wednesday LOL

Hoping the weight lost in the past five days stays off!!

I weigh 2 or 3 times a day and I hate it. I'm due to weigh tomorrow morning, and considering putting the scales away but not sure I'll like it any more than weighing daily. I'll worry that it's not coming off. But when I weigh, obviously there will be days I go up or sts and feel just as bad.

Hiya Serenity, I didn't realise there were days when weight would increase. This is the first day I've resisted the urge to weigh myself and it co-incidentally is the day that I feel bloated and huge, I'm sure I must've gained yesterday but not sure how.
Thats why weekly/fortnightly or even monthly weighing is a better idea, you probably havent gained and if you have it won't be a true gain and it will rectify itself our bodies are very complex but one thing you can know for sure is that if you follow the diet you WILL be losing weight.
Just relax , take it day by day and look forward to your weigh in day ;)

I'm a daily weigher, have been from the start. In fact I often weigh 2 or 3 times daily :). In the almost 9 months since I started this diet I think there have been 2 days where I haven't weighed in first thing in the morning, and then only because I was rushing for work and forgot. OK, so sometimes it's frustrating when the scales don't move (that happens more and more since I got within striking distance of goal) but I figure that it helps to manage my expectations because to step on the scales after a week thinking I may have a good loss and end up with a STS would be more demotivating than knowing that I'm likely to STS because I've weighed in every day (if that makes sense!). Horses for courses I guess. I've just been on the scales 9 days in a row where the scales have stayed the same but I'm ever hopeful that they must shift soon :)

If I get up really early I can weigh heavier than if I have a lie in. I know this because I've got up at 6am, weighed, gone back to bed for a couple of hours and been anything up to a pound lighter when I get up again :). And this happens often, so not a one off. Then during the day I gain weight. So I can weigh up to 4lbs or so more than I did in the morning by the end of the day but it's just water / food weight I guess. My WIs are always first thing in the morning having peed ;) and naked :). If you're measuring loss then as long as you do the same thing for each WI it doesn't really matter how or when you weigh.

Back