Anyone else around 1300 calories a day??

SuperGroovy said:
This is a really good thread, folks. It's making me feel quite a bit better about the last few days, where I ate around 3000 calories one day, because I felt deprived so when I went out for tea I 'binged'. Normally I would have ordered a small main and a dessert, even a dessert to share with the two friends who were with me. However, because I felt deprived, I ended up having an entree, large mains (and one of the more filling ones!) with extra cheese sauce on the veggies...and then a dessert...plus a beer and a soft drink, all to myself. Felt bloated and horrid the next day! Last night, I didn't have enough calories left to have a reasonable dinner after coming home after two shifts of waitressing...but my body was hungry so I said 'stuff it!' and cooked up a couple of sausages and ate them with a piece of bread, followed by some easter chocolate. I'm thinking 1200 calories a day, even as a net total, is too tricky for me to stick to long-term. On the other hand, I wasn't going to stick to it long-term...just until I've lost this 12.5kg, which, at 1200 calories a day, should be by June 28th. I really want to be at my goal by then...the question is, can I stick to eating this much for the next 13 weeks? It's a dilemma...any thoughts? I don't want to shift my goal date. Maybe I just need to up my exercise and change the *kinds* of food I'm eating. Hmmm...

Sorry to hijack your thread, vicky :) Hopefully this is helpful, too, though :)

You're obviously struggling at 1200, the whole problem with feeling deprived is that it will lead to binges. I started out my first 2 weeks CC on 1200 and put on week 1 and lost nothing week 2, pushed up to an average of 1360 and lost 5lb the first week..I think for some people (like me) 1200 can be just too low. Don't make yourself feel like you can't eat, if you're on 1000 and want 400 for dinner then have it! Have you worked out your tdee? You'll probably realise if you do that you're still having a deficit even with eating that bit extra. My losses are now 1-2lb a week on 1360 but I can honestly say I've never felt deprived. Sounds like you're pushing yourself too hard, CC is trial and error at first so try not to get too down about it and experiment with different calorie amounts. Good luck, hope you find your right number soon! xx

You guys rock, thanks for the support and advice! I'm really appreciating it :chores016: I'm on 1350 today so let's see how I go. I'm suddenly enthusiastic about vegetables...isn't that interesting :character00180:!! Hotsue, you make a really good point...and I like the idea of factoring a treat day into my week. Saturday will be good for me, as Friday is my weigh-in day. My TDEE is 2091, so if I have one day a week where I can have a treat meal, and / or some treats, but don't go over that...I'll still be losing weight overall (just not on that *day*). But as people keep saying, this is a marathon, not a sprint. My overall aim is to be physically healthy and enjoy a physical clarity in myself. Yes, I started with calorie counting and am still doing that, but overall I want to get in touch with my body and make friends with it, by making small changes to my diet and lifestyle habits...and then, once I've ingrained one set of changes as habit, making another. Sure, I'm not doing strength training and swimming every few days *yet* like I will be in, maybe, six months - but at least I'm going for a moderately-paced walk every day, for at least 30 - 60 minutes - whereas, a few months ago, I wasn't doing any regular exercise. And yes, I haven't cut caffeine out of my diet completely - like I will have in a few months - but at least I have committed to having the same amount each day, for the next ten days, so I have a base-level from which to lower my intake, gradually.

I really do appreciate the honesty you've all shown in sharing your stories and the care & empathy which motivated you to do this. I understand that, even though we're protected by the anonymity of the internet, it still takes a willingness to put yourself out there and share that you did yoyo diet, or feel you wasted some years with weight and food issues. I have experienced a little bit of that and I am valuing the support and advice you're giving so that *won't* be me in 10 or 20 years time. I am enjoying the physical clarity that's unfolding from all of this, and am looking forward to sharing more of your journeys with you as we all continue to care and support each other.

SG :heartpump:

Thanks for this thread, Im going to start CC next week when the kids go back to school so I can concentrate properly and have routine back so not eating randomly all day! lol

Back