Anyone else eat soup for breakfast???

Mandlegrot

Gold Member
I'm finding breakfast hard on slimming world - I don't really like cereal, soy milk...don't eat yogurt...don't eat eggs/bacon etc but I love soup in the morning...everyone thinks it's strange!! But you can't beat a nice steaming bowl of soup...and it's a good way for me (a vegan) to have a free breakfast with no syns (everything else is yuck, or I'd have to syn - like vegan yogurt)

Was just seeing if anyone else did this (please someone prove I'm not mad!!) and if you have any nice super free/free soup recipes share them here :)

Eat what you enjoy and don't worry about everyone else. The plan has to suit your life rather than changing your life to suit the plan. Having soup is no different to having a fruit smoothie except that soup is made from veggies and served hot.

RawrGirl has never had soup for breakfast but she plans on using soup as her secret weapon so as not to gain weight over her 10-day Christmas holiday with family. She plans on eating soup as her fist course before supper to ensure she does not binge. That being said, she imagines that it would be a very tasty thing first thing in the morning that would help one not feel hungry for several hours. :)

You can eat ANYTHING at breakfast. It is simply social convention telling us what to eat. Soup is not going to be any better or worse than any other food!

I live in Korea and all my Korean friends have rice, kimchi, seaweed and meat for breakfast! Sounds gross to me but works for them. If it keeps you full and you enjoy it, carry on!

Had a steaming bowl of spicy lentil soup this morning - kept me going til lunch. YUM YUM.

When I used to live out in SE Asia, I used to eat curry, dahl and naan, tofu and noodle soup etc for breakfast. DELICIOUS. Koreans have the right idea ;)

I cant imagine having anything other than cereal. On the few occasions I have stayed away from home I have had fruit and yogurt.

When I'm on nightshift at work. First thing I have when I wake up is soup. It's at 3pm in the afternoon. But it's technically my breakfast. Lol xx

Start 18st. Goal 12st. Currently 16st. 5 1/2lbs.

Haha! I find if I eat sugary stuff (cereal, fruit etc) as my first meal I am hungry again in an hour or so, no matter how much I eat. It just doesn't fill me up in the way that it does for lunch or dinner. I tend to eat a big bowl of soup, toast and scrambled tofu, or a cooked breakfast every morning. That seems to keep me going until lunch, and quite often I eat half my lunch before being stuffed, and am still satisfied until dinner. Slimming World has showed me this truth about myself, as I used to skip breakfast a lot as it made me feel queasy eating in the morning but it was the sugar making me feel rough, not the food.

@Nina Beans, well done on your loss so far!!

Arw. Thank you very much :) its a start. Determined to reach my goal. X

Start 18st. Goal 12st. Currently 16st. 4 1/2lbs.

Back