Anyone else obsessed with food since starting slimming world???

Mummy Sarah

Before joining I used to pick when I was hungry or just fancied. Since slimming world im obsessed. I get up in the morning thinking about what to have for dinner, then planning out the day. Taking time doing an online shop with asdas picking out each ingredient from recipes. When I have a few minutes I log on to minimins and do some reading. Just got food on my mind constantly!! LOL anyone else in the same boat.

I know what you mean though mine is more of a 'oooh I can have that AND that without feeling guilty' even went out for unscheduled lunch today and managed really well :) Used to just be obsessed with all the things I had banned my self from eating!

:) yes. Its weird how a jacket potato and beans can be soo much better for you on this diet than reaching for one chocolate bar. :) Thinking about my beef cassorole im thinking of cooking tomorrow and im drolling lol. So much nice food you can eat without the guilt xx

Yes me too, food is always on my mind now, just gone from Green Days to Red, so trying suss out this wks meals atm, this whole diet has made me think constantly about what i'm eating, i write down every thing i eat and write down the weeks evening meal on a white board thats in the kitchen, deffo an obsession here, i have to to do this or i go off plan :)

Definitely! The only thing stopping me from constantly cooking new recipes is lack of money and the fact that I live with my parents so most of the time my dad already has dinner planned, haha. Not that I'm complaining!

I think that's what make SW work so well - it's all about planning, and that means thinking in advance about what you're going to eat and getting excited about it! :D I think it does lessen as you do it for longer, but you still think about food for the majority of the day! LOL

Foods always been an obsession with me. I love reading about it, watching cookery programmes on TV, cooking, thinking about food, talking about it and not least, eating it! Honestly, I never stop - and it's got worse since I started SW. I'm a lost cause! :D

Well it's having the desired effect all this thinking about food and planning meals etc....we're all losing weight which is the ultimate goal. Nothing wrong in that. :D

Welcome to the "food" club!
I must admit to thinking food morning, noon & night!
I am forever looking up ideas for SW meals and recipes, my wife has now given me total use of the kitchen (it stops us argueing!)
and this appears to work.............

I USED to be, when I started - and any time I shake things up a little I go back to being obsessed, but I'd say now that I'm no more obsessed than I was before I started on SW (which was probably more than some, I'm a bit of a foodie and I love to cook), it's not anything new to me any more, it's just how I eat.

I suspect it's all to do with the newness? Certainly that's how it was for me, and really it's not like it's a bad thing to be obsessed with vegetables :D

My BF quite often says to me 'do you EVER think about anything other than food?!'

Ummmm no. At dinner I'm planning breakfast, at breakfast planning lunch and lunch planning dinner. I think, talk, read, shop and watch food permanently! Doesn't help all that's on the telly seems to be cooking programmes.

When I met my bf he used to have no interest in food, didn't bother him if he skipped dinner or whatever but now he's a munch-a-holic too :) (however he's a slim Jim. I'm sure it must be genes related coz you should see what he eats!)

yep I am the same, always planning what I can have lol

Me! I'm really obsessed and constantly thinking of what to eat, to buy, to cook, etc. It's really taken over my life at the minute.

MrsScandude said:
Foods always been an obsession with me. I love reading about it, watching cookery programmes on TV, cooking, thinking about food, talking about it and not least, eating it! Honestly, I never stop - and it's got worse since I started SW. I'm a lost cause! :D

Im exactly the Same. Love love love food. Always have, always Will lol

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Back