Anyone else slimming for their wedding?

Hi everyone - what a good idea for a thread! I'm getting married on 22 May so only 7 weeks to go!

Sozzle - you can totally lose that by July. I started about 2 months ago and have lost a stone, and fully planning to lose another half stone if I can in the next 6 weeks. My top tips are, use this site loads for tips and motivation, write everything you eat down, and even if you mess it up sometimes, try to mess it up with the principles at the back of your mind (i.e. if you're on the way back from a night out and on a red day, have chicken kebab meat and salad rather than chips!). I know that sounds a bit extreme, but even sticking to the principles has really helped me stick to keeping the weight loss going rather than blowing it all.

Good luck everyone! xxx

Hey Woodsylou.
We're not having a big do as my other half hates being in the spotlight and this is second time around for me. We're just having close family and friends at a registry office and then off for a nice meal afterwards. I bought my dress in coast about 3 weeks ago and it doesn't do up! I'm determind that it will fit by the day though, like you say having the dress is a big motivator.
Your wedding in Mexico will be so lovely. I wanted to go abroad too, but we're moving to New Zealand next year so really could do with keeping the budget down.

Hi HelenJemima, Congratulations, you're doing amazingly well and are such an inspiration! I really feel like I can do it now reading about your success! Only 7 weeks until your big day, bet you can't wait!

Me too! :) On May 11th in Italy....ooooh 6 weeks today in fact!
I've lost just under 3 stone and am now trying to maintain as my dress has been altered to fit. It was falling off me :clap: so had it taken in, going tomorrow night for the final try on.

WOW SparkleWitch, you must be so excited! Well done on your fab weight loss!
Awww thanks, its been tough but worth it. Going to try and get down to target after the wedding as if I did it now the dress wouldnt be salvageable.
Am sooooooo excited....cannot wait to be in the warm Italian sunshine and finally become a Mrs :D

Hey Woodsylou.
We're not having a big do as my other half hates being in the spotlight and this is second time around for me. We're just having close family and friends at a registry office and then off for a nice meal afterwards. I bought my dress in coast about 3 weeks ago and it doesn't do up! I'm determind that it will fit by the day though, like you say having the dress is a big motivator.
Your wedding in Mexico will be so lovely. I wanted to go abroad too, but we're moving to New Zealand next year so really could do with keeping the budget down.

sounds lovely! what's the dress like? when i tried mine on it was a bit tight around the love handles and she said i had to lose about half a stone. i've lost 1 and a half stone now, so hopefully it'll have to be taken in!

Awww thanks, its been tough but worth it. Going to try and get down to target after the wedding as if I did it now the dress wouldnt be salvageable.
Am sooooooo excited....cannot wait to be in the warm Italian sunshine and finally become a Mrs :D

WELL DONE! how lovely!

when you say your dress wouldn't be salvagable, is that because it can only be taken in so much? what is it like? i am now worried that if i lose to much they won't be able to take it in enough!

The dress is a Debut one from Debenhams and is a size 18. Since losing the weight I could pull it down without undoing it and had about 2 inches gaping at the top. Would of given the wedding party a right eyeful! :D

I think it depends on the type of dress you have as to how much it can be altered. Mine has a lot of beading and embroidery that wraps around from the top and around the side. This is why the lady doing the alterations told me not to lose too much more weight else it would spoil the look of the dress

i've got you. mine is very simple and not a traditional wedding dress so i think it can be worked on quiet easy. i hope anyway!!!

can you post a pic of your dress?

This is the dress I've bought. Coast Stores - Ivory Dresses - ALLURE SHORT DRESS

If I lose a stone I think it should do up, but to be honest if I get really close to the wedding and it doesn't fit I can always get it in a bigger size, although I absolutly don't want to have to do that!

If you have lost a stone and a half, you are defo going to need that dress taking in! What style is it?

that is sooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! i was thinking of something like that for mine, especially for the evening/after party! i still might consider it! it's lovely!!

this is mine, but mine is in lemon :) (not traditional at all!!)

1099a.jpg

Thanks, I liked it because its simple an classy, much like yours! I think that in lemon with the sunshine in Mexico will look awesome!

beautiful dresses guys :) absolutely love them :D

i got married last july and lost my weight beforehand with cambridge. now of course i'm on the bandwagon to lose it again. still. the pics are in my profile if you want a look at what i looked like a couple of stones and no bump ago :) ha. the pics are before i had to have the dress taken in too. they can do marvellous things so try not to worry too much :)

i can't seem to see them..

Im bridesmaid at my bro's wedding in 10 weeks eek!!! Have been faffing about since the start of March as it was my 30th birthday!!! Doing a week of red days this week to try and kick-start something!!! Have tried the dress on, it fits but is a little tight. Have lost 17lbs so far and have quite a lot to go still!!!

If I can lose 2lbs a week for the next 10 ill be so happy however there are a couple of hen nights to factor in!!!

Hi Sallyannetag,
How exciting! You've done really well so far I'm sure you'll be able to lose the 2lb per week up until the wedding! Good luck!
What's your bridesmaid dress like?

Back