Anyone Else starting in Aug??

Angel and Paddington Bear how are you getting on?[/QUOTE]

Hi!

I had a weigh in on Friday after starting on Tuesday and I've lost six pounds!!

Yesterday was a tough day, OH and I went to to the Natural History Museum and to a pub afterwards - I wouldn't stop reading the food menu and staring at the woman opposite who was stuffing her face with garlic bread. I felt really miserable sitting there with my water but I can see that I didn't make it easy for myself. I came home and felt better straight away!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

LS

Hi PB,

Well done on loosing 6lbs, thats an amazing start!!
I'm with you on the reading menu's, i too did this at the weekend to the point I had to get up and head home to my safe haven! Why do we do this to ourselves? I wanted to test myself and my limits, now I know them I know what I can and cannot do at this moment in time.

Well done again xx

Hi Angel,

I also started on 4th August and am doing ok so far I think, first weigh in is tomorrow and quite excited lol.

How are you doing?

Hi Angel,

I also started on 4th August and am doing ok so far I think, first weigh in is tomorrow and quite excited lol.

How are you doing?

Hi Lulu!

I'm not doing too badly at the moment I weighed myself this morning and it shows a 2lb loss since Friday! I've got my first group meeting on Thursday evening and I can't wait to meet fellow lighte lifers in the flesh.

How did your weigh-in go?

LS

First weigh in is tomorrow night, and i am keeping my fingers crossed! Will let you know how I get on.

You have done really well so far! How are you finding it? I must admit my first day was TERRIBLE but I seem to be settling into it now x

Hey you August starters!

Welcome to LL and good luck on your journey! You are doing something amazing, you should be proud of yourselves!

Makie sure you use this board for hints, tips, advice and a good ole moan or chin wag if you need it!

Kat xx

Hi everyone :)

I'm starting Lighterlife today and I'm really excited/nervous. I've never done a vlcd before so not too sure what to expect. I'm amazed at all of your weight losses! I hope the diet works as well for me as it has for you guys! Keep it up :)

gez xxx

Last edited:
Good luck Gez - get through the first couple of days and you will be sailing!

Kat xx

You will all do great - the first week is the hardest, if you can get through that then it's all good! Definitely agree with the tips about ice cold water and a hand blender for the shakes. Also, when you get to the bars, I always put the cranberry and raspberry and the toffee bars in the fridge - it gives them more bite, BUT, don't put the peanut one in the fridge, it will break your teeth eating it!
Going out to pubs and friends houses and seeing others eat is tricky at first, but stick with it, I promise you it does get easier - after a while it doesn't bother as much/at all.
You will do great, it's a massive adventure and seeing the weight come flying off week after week is such a spur.

Hiya All

You all seem to be doing great !!! I started begining of this month as well, am disappointed in that have not lost any huge amounts at the begining but still pushing on, It has knocked my motivation a bit as so many people lose loads intially but also determined to lose the weight for once and for all.

Kam xxx

Hey Kam

I am one of those slow and steady loosers, I never had the huge loss in the first week, etc, but I can say this to you. Keep going because it all adds up. And amazingly from a size 16/18 when I started in May, I am now a size 10!!! So keep going, and well done the rest of you. It soon becomesreally easy :)

Jez
xx

Hello Ladies

Welcome to your LL journey. I hope you will achieve what you want.
This site is very supportive.
Most of us have had the same anxieties and worries that you will encounter so feel free to speak out.
2 tips
1.Don't compare your weight loss with everyone else. We are all individuasl and have different starting points and metabolisms.

2. The food packs are NOT delicious. They are not trying to replace food.They are a means to an end. They are just a palatable way of ensuring you get all the nutrients and minerals you need while on maintenance.
One thing is for sure - stick with it, drink the water. You WILL lose the weight. FACT.
Good luck every one.I'll be interested to see how you all get on.xx

Hiya Guys

Jez, wow you have done so well, you must feel fantastic, nice to know Im not weird :-0
Blenda, thankyou very much for your tips, you are so right !!! :)

and goodluck to everyone on there weight-ins this week

Kam

Back