Anyone else struggling with the cold weather?

Patsylfc

I've got a stinking cold and headache, and really fancy a bowl of hot creamy pasta, I'm craving something really comforting. Do you all stick to the diet when you're not feeling well? Trying to think what I can have tonight that's comforting but does not take to much effort as I have no energy.

I hope you got through the evening unscathed! Soup is often a good choice, at least to start the meal, when you're chilled to the bone... Perhaps get a big vat made at the weekend, or when you've more time, and freeze in portions.

Casseroles too are good... leanest meat.

For "pasta", have you tried Konjac / skirataki noodles? OK one needs a little imagination, but they're a good filler...

No energy isn't good though on Dukan... Care to post some menus? Perhaps you're not eating enough protein for breakfast and lunch, hence you're running a bit low in the evening?

Ive got a streaming cold at the moment, so my tastebuds are a little muted and I'm feeling tired. So I had a Thai chicken soup last night which perked me up a bit - lots of chili, chicken stock, onion, fresh ginger, dash of nam pla, chicken pieces plus some shirataki noodles. Yum!

Thanks for the replies. The Thai chicken soup sounds lovely and the noodles sound good plan. Will try and get some at the weekend.

I managed to stay on track last night, and I feel a bit better today.

Here's my menu for yesterday (PV)

B - Oatbran and Wheatbran Galette, 100g Tinned Mackerel, tablespoon of cottage cheese

L - Homemade Pumpkin Soup, 100g Tinned Mackerel. SF Raspberry Jelly
D - Grilled Turkey Steak, mushroom, Spinach and Quark sauce with Roast Butternut Squash (3 sprays of Fry Light)
Snack - miso soup

Today (PP)
B - Oatbran and Wheatbran Porridge, with mullerlite toffee yog
L - two egg omelette
D - Baked salmon steak and prawns with a ff nat yog garlic dip.

Maintainer - I think you're right, will make some stews at the weekend and do some batch cooking - it's all about being better prepared.

I definitely find having batches of chicken soup in the freezer useful, and if you know you'll struggle most in the evening whilst not feeling great try to save your oatbran till after dinner. I had a freshly baked muffin with a cup of tea Sunday evening and it really warmed me. Good luck.

Back