Anyone else switched from sw to ww?

nikki299

Hi, i have been doing slimming world since Feb this year,and although i lost a stone in the first 6 weeks for the last 4 weeks i have lost nothing!! :(

Last week was the final straw for me,i am on hols from work and decided i would really up my exercise to see if that was the problem. So last week i went to the gym 6 times for 1hr and did my programme which is a mix of cardio and weights and i really pushed myself, on top of that i did 1hr of body pump, 3 hrs of zumba and 3 hrs of swimming. I also stuck to plan 100%,no treats,wine etc so was expecting a decent loss but when i weighed in on Tuesday i had lost nothing!! I totally felt like crying. I can only assume i am still eating too much even though i am just eating till satisfied and having the 1/3 superfree etc

So am going to switch to ww on Monday and try and put my sw failure behind me. Ww has worked for me before, i lost 5 stone a few years back in just over 4 months so hopefully it will work again. Really hoping for a 2-3lb loss per week.

I just wondered if anyone else has switched from sw to ww and what your losses have been like?

Hi Nikki
I did SW before I came to WW and I really struggled to loose weight. I became so bloated from all the carbs that I felt tired all the time and the same pound would go off and on!
I have been doing WW for 5 weeks now. I lost 7lbs in the 1st 2 weeks and have lost 12lbs so far. I feel so much better too ;)
I hope it works for you too xxx

Thanks for your reply, i hope i do as well as you!!! I thought it might be the carbs too so i started having pasta/potatoes etc only with my evening meal, i even tried doing some red days and still no weight came off!!!
Can't wait to get started on Monday,I am really looking forward to being able to have a wider choice of foods like wraps and pancakes without having to use half my weeks syns!!!

nikki299 said:
Hi, i have been doing slimming world since Feb this year,and although i lost a stone in the first 6 weeks for the last 4 weeks i have lost nothing!! :(

Last week was the final straw for me,i am on hols from work and decided i would really up my exercise to see if that was the problem. So last week i went to the gym 6 times for 1hr and did my programme which is a mix of cardio and weights and i really pushed myself, on top of that i did 1hr of body pump, 3 hrs of zumba and 3 hrs of swimming. I also stuck to plan 100%,no treats,wine etc so was expecting a decent loss but when i weighed in on Tuesday i had lost nothing!! I totally felt like crying. I can only assume i am still eating too much even though i am just eating till satisfied and having the 1/3 superfree etc

So am going to switch to ww on Monday and try and put my sw failure behind me. Ww has worked for me before, i lost 5 stone a few years back in just over 4 months so hopefully it will work again. Really hoping for a 2-3lb loss per week.

I just wondered if anyone else has switched from sw to ww and what your losses have been like?

Hi i recently switched from ww to sw and lasted 3 days! Can't get used to pasta,rice,pots being free! I need boundaries and only ww gives me this, ww gives me control where as sw let's me eat for the sake of it. So back to tracking for me I know it works I've lost 6 stone with ww and am trying very hard to maintain!!!

Yeah i totally with needing boundries, the only thing i can think of as to why i haven't been losing is my portion sizes. I know ww will help me limit the amount i put on my plate.

nikki299 said:
Yeah i totally with needing boundries, the only thing i can think of as to why i haven't been losing is my portion sizes. I know ww will help me limit the amount i put on my plate.

Yeah, I'm having a few zero hero days as completely over indulged yesterday I was like a tube of Pringles! Once I start I just can't stop!! Felt crappy today and have to try to redeem myself before I weigh in on Tuesday! Seem to have hit a wall at the mo and can't seem to shift anything!!

nikki299 said:

It could have been the amount of exercise were doing! Sounds like u were doing alot! Exercise holds water, gives u mire muscle both can make u gain! But u could have been burning so much Cals ur body wasn't getting enough food? Maybe it's something to think about?

wish you were able to get it worked out!

5 years ago I lost 3.5 stone on SW. I have put a stone and half back on since then and just joined WW. I tried SW again this year but it just wasnt working for me the same as it did.
Just done my first week on WW and lost 4.5 lbs. I have not beb feeling hungry and I feel less bloated.

A change ios a good as a rest. Give it a shot :D

I switched from SW to WW. I started WW 4 weeks ago and have lost 9lbs so far (a week of that was my 30th bday celebrations where I drank and ate out 5 nights!!!). It's been a bit tough having to point stuff that was free on WW (pasta/eggs/spuds etc) but it does teach portion control. I'm loving being able to eat things like wraps/bagels etc. Love the weekly points for when I have a night out etc! Somethign sthat were low syn on SW are high in WW points, which is bizarre! I'm finding there is a lot more variety on WW and it's working for me so far so I'm happy

Good luck

Wow 4.5lbs in the 1st week is fab cazzabele and flutterbyuk that is really good especially with all those nights out!! I've done ww before and did great but i was hoping to avoid all the weighing and pointing everything i eat which is why i joined sw but i'm sure i'll get inot the swing of it again. Once i remember the points values of the things i eat the most like pasta and chicken etc it will be easier.

nikki299 said:
Wow 4.5lbs in the 1st week is fab cazzabele and flutterbyuk that is really good especially with all those nights out!! I've done ww before and did great but i was hoping to avoid all the weighing and pointing everything i eat which is why i joined sw but i'm sure i'll get inot the swing of it again. Once i remember the points values of the things i eat the most like pasta and chicken etc it will be easier.

Have u tried the simply filling on weight watchers, I do it most days a wk, it's similar to sw, have a look at the simply filling thread if ur interested, all the info is there!

Yeah i looked at that plan but i don't think it's for me, it seems to be too much like sw. I think i need the portion control of pointing.

Hi

I too have recently tried slimming world but found it too restrictive to fit into a normal busy day without obsessive planning - also I totally agree with the fact that ww teaches you portion control which is not part of slimming world and probably another reason that I didn't do very well on it as I am a piggy when given the chance:)

I like the fact that I can eat normal foods as long as I point them - the online tools have been a godsend this week!

I have completed my first week on ww and am feeling very positive about retraining my food patterns - I lost 4 lbs this week so it's onward and downward for me!

I have tried SW before and lost a small amount but I found that after the initial loss I couldn't seem to keep the scales moving downwards and they just stuck, and stuck and stuck. Then I became pregnant and after having our little boy I wanted to try and lose weight but instead of doing SW again I just did my own thing - basically eating a low carb high protein diet and I lost 34lbs doing that but then again I plateau'd and so decided to try WW.

This has been my first week and I have my first weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed I've had a good week as that will keep me motivated :)

I am on sw at the moment but considering trying simply filling. I like having a list of foods that can be eaten freely until full but like the idea of having bigger selection of bread products that ww offers :) x

icklerockchick said:
I am on sw at the moment but considering trying simply filling. I like having a list of foods that can be eaten freely until full but like the idea of having bigger selection of bread products that ww offers :) x

I recognise you from the sw section. Im moving over tomorrow, joining ww. Maybe see you around here soon ! :)

samjay123 said:
I recognise you from the sw section. Im moving over tomorrow, joining ww. Maybe see you around here soon ! :)

Nice to see you here too :) I've made a decision I'm going to start on Friday as I weigh in on Friday morning, will give it a try for 2 weeks and see how it goes! Excited about bagels!! X

icklerockchick said:
Nice to see you here too :) I've made a decision I'm going to start on Friday as I weigh in on Friday morning, will give it a try for 2 weeks and see how it goes! Excited about bagels!! X

Oh I love bagels lol.
Keep us updated. Looking forward to having a little more freedom every day. Hopefully itll work.for us ! X

samjay123 said:
Oh I love bagels lol.
Keep us updated. Looking forward to having a little more freedom every day. Hopefully itll work.for us ! X

I will probably just keep my food diary in the same place while i do my ww trial run so pop by the link in my signature if you want to see what I'm eating :) do you keep a food diary on here? X

Back