Anyone else tall out there?!?

goingtobeskinnysoon

Silver Member
So at 5'11 its kinda difficult to get a true idea of what weight i should be aiming for. Anyone else a similar height who can give me some kind of idea? You hear all kinds of things from 10 stone (honestly, NEVER going to happen, i think my bones alone weigh more than that!!) to 12.5. Im not a slim built person anyway, even excusing the weight - Im broad and just physically could never be the tall, slender, waif type.

Thoughts anyone?? x

So at 5'11 its kinda difficult to get a true idea of what weight i should be aiming for. Anyone else a similar height who can give me some kind of idea? You hear all kinds of things from 10 stone (honestly, NEVER going to happen, i think my bones alone weigh more than that!!) to 12.5. Im not a slim built person anyway, even excusing the weight - Im broad and just physically could never be the tall, slender, waif type.

Thoughts anyone?? x

Hey

Can't offer any real advice sorry, but this website is good for seeing pics of what people of certain heights/weights look like. I used it to judge my target as I've never been skinny so have no idea what weight I will suit.

Welcome - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like

Hope this helps xx

My friend who's an inch smaller than you weighs 11.5 if that helps. She's slim, but not skinny.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Hello,

I'm 5'9. At my smallest ever I was 10st - size 8. I'm aiming for 10.10 - size 10

:)

x

Hi there,
I am 5ft 11 and at my lowest weight I was 13 stone. I have quite a broad frame and was a size 12-14 (mostly 14 in jeans/trousers and 12 in dresses and tops).
I look back at pics now and can see I looked good for my frame although at the time I was desperate to just get to 12 stone something....I've since had a baby and gained a whole load of weight - I've set my target to 13 stone 7lbs to start then see how I feel as I must admit, it was so hard to get that last half stone off I'm finding it easier mentally to aim for 13.7 to start then see how I feel.
HTH and good luck. x

I'm 5'10" although I swear I used to be 5'11" so I've had to revise my target slightly. Anyway my initial target is 12 stone 5lbs, it's just at the top end of my healthy BMI scale. I should be a size 14.

I'm 5.11 and am aiming for a target of 13.7,I know I will never be 12.7 again ( last time I was in my twenties!!!) going to be 50 nxt year

im 5 ft 10 also, according to the PAT section of the slimming world book, we should aim to be no smaller than 9.13, and 12.6 would put us around a bmi of 25. So anything between that would be a sensible option. Maybe pick the high end of it and revise when you get closer? My C has left mine empty for now because topping the scales at 18.11 i'm nowhere near my target x

I'm 5'10 and at my slimmest, I was about 12.5 stone, but I have always been at least a size 14.
To be honest I would be happy to get back to that, at the moment my target in my head is 12.5 again and if I get there I will just see how I feel.

But yes, I agree - it's quite hard to try and decide what weight to aim for. If I was 10 stone I think I'd look odd!

I'm 5'10 and at my slimmest, I was about 12.5 stone, but I have always been at least a size 14.
To be honest I would be happy to get back to that, at the moment my target in my head is 12.5 again and if I get there I will just see how I feel.

But yes, I agree - it's quite hard to try and decide what weight to aim for. If I was 10 stone I think I'd look odd!

My mum told me I looked like I had a lolly pop head when I was 10 st... Charmer :p

Too light for tall ladies!! :)

outta the way shorties!!!

I'm 6'1" and have a very similar dilemma - what weight should I be!!?? At my lightest I weighed 13 stone and was a size 12 and to be honest I was skinny and looked boney as I too have a big frame and my ribs where showing and my hip bones stuck out

My aim is to get to a size 14 - whatever the scales say!!

Best of luck fellow tallgirls! x

I have a similar situation - i'm aiming for 13st which at 5'11" is technically still overweight, but I can reassess then if I need to go lower... But being a very large framed person I think that's going to work - I know the "I'm big boned" thing is a bit of a joke to some, but I have huge hands and feet etc lol so it really is true!

Back