Anyone else tall out there?!?

I have a similar situation - i'm aiming for 13st which at 5'11" is technically still overweight, but I can reassess then if I need to go lower... But being a very large framed person I think that's going to work - I know the "I'm big boned" thing is a bit of a joke to some, but I have huge hands and feet etc lol so it really is true!

So true - my friend is a radiographer and he explained to me that people do genuinally have different frame sizes and bigger bones.

My mum is 6'0" and a size 22, but only weighs 13 and a half stone - yet here's me at only one inch taller at a size 18 and weighing 16stone - so unfair!!

Like you polished, I have set my target at 14 stone, still technically overweight, but I can adjust if necessary when I get there

I'm 5'11 and I set my target at 12 1/2 stone- just because that's exactly 10 stone from my starting weight.

I might get nearer and lower it- since the wii fit said i should be 11st 3 (which....would be a "club 50" if it existed lol)

I'm going to wait until i get nearer to target (still about 4 1/2 stone to go) before fully deciding. but even then, i can change my mind if i want to :p

I am 6ft tall. I went as low as 11st 7 but looked too thin on it. Planning on hovering around 12st - at a size 12, which at my height, is splendid.

I'm 5ft 10, and also broadly built (my family find my wedding photos funny because I have such massive shoulder blades... Charming!!)

At my skinniest I was 10st 4 & a size 12 bottom (my hips are literally huuuuge!) and a size 8 top, and I look ill, just bone with skin on, in photos :(

I'm currently 13st 9 & a 16 bottom, 14 top & I'm aiming for around 11st 7.

Everyones different & our bodies change over time, so aim for what you're comfortable with. Being happy in yourself is so much more important than wearing a particular size or looking a particular way :D For example, I'm now the same weight I was as a starving student but my belly is bigger (use to be wash board flat!) & my legs are thinner!! Bizarre ;)

XxX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think this might be interesting to a lot of folk here. It's a body fat test based on a few measurements of your body.

I did mine when I was 18 st 1. I'm 5ft10. That calculator put me on 29% which is JUST in the healthy range for females, yet my bmi puts me in the mid 30s... definitely not normal. Doesn't take long to do and it may help you work out how far you want to go x

I am 6ft1 and weigh 12.7, I have a size 12 lower half and 14 top half.

This is really interesting! Put things in perspective when you read in magazines about everyone aiming to be 8st!
I'd have to lose a leg to be in single figures!!

X

:hijack:I know this thread was not started for this reason, but I'm hoping posters on this thread will understand.....!

Having now slimmed to a size 16/18 which most high street stores stock (feeling pretty good about myself as I was a size 24), I went up to Bristol for a shopping treat to get some nice clothes.... hummmpphhh I came home with NOTHING!! :cry:

All the shops that used to do a tall range now only stock the petite range as apperently the tall range is not in great demand. Most of the shops told me that all trousers and jeans come in Short, reg and long length.... well hellooooooooo long still looks like cropped jeans on me. Having managed to get no clothes I went in search of some nice fluffy winter boots. I am a size 10 - but *some* 9s will fit. Every shop I went into only did up to size 8s and one shop was really quite rude about the size of my feet and insisted that I should try an 8 as my feet couldn't possibly be bigger than that.

Came home nearly in tears and felt like piggin out - but managed to just scoff a kelloggs fibre plus bar, then played my drum kit rather loud for 2 hours.

Apologies for my rant - but there's not many girlies out there who understand!! x

I feel your pain, I am a 9 in shoes, and its often quite hard to find suitable footwear on the high street. Ebay is a great source for me for that sort of thing, to be honest. Since losing weight, I can now get into "some" size 8s, but by no means all.

I've had some great stuff from ebay though, and because its such a massive marketplace, the prices can be quite competitive too.

Try wynsors shop or on line, they sell ann harvey shoes/boots I bought boots size 9 priced £55 for £15!!! Hope this helps
They also have evans shoes/boots from time to time

I must admit I'm lucky... My feet have shrunk to an 8 since losing weight (odd or what?!) but of all places to do some 9's is shoe zone :)

I tend to go with Newlook for tall trousers - some stores still have Tall but if not they have a fair bit online ;)

My problem is dresses, I want a dress that actually covers my credentials for once!! And looks nice, not like my granny lent it too me :D

Long Tall Sally is good... but too expensive for me, might consider it when I hit target.

XxX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yet again, I'm with you vickidyers! I've asked around and the tall range has been removed from most of the stores BUT most keep it online so...

New look - I LOVE their tall range. Plus the sizing is pretty generous and goes up to (quite a big) 18 so def worth a look. Great for casual and some work trousers

Topshop - only goes to a 16 but some of the tops are loose fit so worth a look

Long tall Sally - great for jeans (they go up to a 38 leg!) but I find the clothes a bit on the frumpy side. Worth trying tallgirls.co.uk but quality isn't great.

Dorothy Perkins - majorly disappointing now. Used to love their range but now it just seems to be skinny legged jeans. Eugh!

Primark - they surprised me with just how long some of their tops and dresses are. My friend knows their buyer and says she's tall herself and so that's why there's so many 'tall friendly' things - def worth a look (but don't bother with bottoms)

Plus, the trend for short dresses is actually pretty good - I buy them and wear them as tops!

Hope that helps! X

I have really small feet for my height then... Length wise my feet are a 7 on the smacker... I could fit a 7 in ballet pump style shoes but anything higher on the feet is a very poor fit.. my arches are extremely high and have caused a rising deformity in the top of the foot. I bought fake Uggs from new look and had to get a size 9! :(

I love evans, I'd fit nicely into an 8eee and they often have those on sale =P

I'm 5ft9.5", my goal is somewhere around 13st-13.5st, any less than that and I'll lose my big boobs and bum and that would not go down well in my house. The curves have to stay, it's also a maintainable target for me. I do have wide hips and strong legs, I'm not meant to look like a twiglet, nor do I want to.

I'll know when I'm at a weight I am happy with. A bmi of about 27/28 would be nice.

The foot shrinking thing....something I nevber expected but I'm now a size 6, I was wearing a 7 before. My feet aren't big considering my frame but my mum has tiny feet, big hips little waist so that's where the blame lies. ;)

My feet have gone from 7.5 to 7....they haven't gone down lengthwise- they're just less fat ;) heehee

i have no cankles anymore *dance* (that was something my lovely mum pointed out to me the other day, lmao)

i am currently wearing a pair of standard length new look jeans...they were the ONLY pair of size 18's they had- and they were 25% off (plus my 10% discount for being a poor student) and i thought... "sod it-i can wear them as 3/4 length" lol

Faith do 9's!

As for tall sections, topshop's are very long! 36" I think, and Riverisland is good too :)

x

Back