Anyone else with LOADS to lose?

kookiethekat

Hi all

I'm Jo and I started SW on Wednesday. I have a lot to lose, I am currently 19st 5.5 and want to lose 8 stone

I live in Nottingham, work full time and have a hubby and 2 kids. I find it hard to cook from scratch as I am always so busy, I have done well the last couple of days though.

It seems like such a mamoth task, I know it is my own fault for getting this way :(

I just hope I can stick to it and hopefully make some friends along with way :D

Thank you, I have my goals - it won't let me put them in my sig though :mad: not sure why.

I just want to be healthy again more than anything

Hi Jo and welcome.

It can feel like a big challenge when you are starting and that's why its good to focus on the half stone targets and the initial 10%.

As for how you got here, that's done and so dont worry about that, just do the best you can do now to achieve your goal and it will be here sooner than you think.

ooh ooh -hello :D

I started at 19st9lb and Im originally from Nottinghamshire ;)
I don't know if you are interested but if you look on the "teams" section Im part of a group called "queen size to princess" and we all have lots to lose too ..you are welcome to join us if you would like *if not there are loads of other teams* and everyone on here is lovely...
Hope you find that SW works for you.... good luck...

Thanks Capricorn, I will take a look. You have done fab, how long has it taken you to lose the 66.5lbs?

I'm in a similar boat im 20st 6 lbs and need to lose alot! your not alone! there are many inspirational people on this site who also provide excellent support!

xx

I haven't got loads to loose - I've already lost it... (and my mind in the process - ok - that was down to something else not Slimming World.).

If you want it - it's there for you to grab - Slimming World/Food Optimising works if you allow it to. Good luck with the journey.

I've got about 7 stones to lose. But, am aiming for smaller 'chunks' at the moment.
However, I was really encouraged at class this week when one of the ladies reached her 7stone loss award! It really made me determined to get to my 1st stone award.

Thanks Capricorn, I will take a look. You have done fab, how long has it taken you to lose the 66.5lbs?
Thanks kookie ... I joined SW 20 weeks ago. Its my first time doing SW -although I have done just about every other weightloss programme over the years :eek:
This plan seems to really agree with me :D

hello and welcome to the forum.

i had 8 stone to lose 6 month ago, in 6 month i have lost 5 stone apart from 1lb, so it can be done and in my case bleeding quickly (not that im moaning) :D

it can be done and i never go hungry and i pile my plate up high.

this site has been my backbone and im sure it will be yours

good luck on your journey

Hi Jo,

I've got a pretty similar start weight and goal to you and it does seem like a mountain to climb! However, I started mid April and have stayed on plan and am now about 3 stone lighter. Frankly I never thought I'd be able to stick to a diet but something just clicked in my head and now is my time to do it - I'm convinced of it - and I'm still as motivated now as I was when I started (probably more so). Long may it last! I'm sure it won't be long until you start to see results too. Lots of luck xx

Hiya Kookiethekat and a big welcome from me too! :welcome2:

I have 8 stone to lose as well.... you are definitely not alone!! And on SW its so achievable. 8st sounded like soooo much but at the same time I didn't want to kid myself by setting a interim target, so in my head I find it easier to see it in quarter chunks. I need to lose another 2.5lb (hoping to do that on the next WI) and then I've lost my first 2st. I'm telling myself that I'm a quarter of the way there..... it sounds soooo much better than saying I still have to lose 6st!!!

And try making up a few meals like spag bol or chilli when you have time and freezing them. I find then that when I haven't got the time to cook the children can have breaded fish or chicken or something quick they like the OH can have a Tesco Finest Indian and I still have a nice filling meal! But if I've got a spare portion in the freezer I do share with the OH!

Good luck hun xx

I started with 7 stone to lose, and 47 weeks in - ive lost over 3.5 stone!!!

Over halfway there now, and a LOT slower than others granted, but i love SW and i am getting there no matter what!!!

Good luck and welcome! xxxx

Hi,

Welcome to group.

I have 8 stone lose lose so there are quite a few of us with larger targets to aim for.

All I can suggest is stick to the plan, eat as much free and superfree food as possible BUT always have your syns.

Good luck.

Michelle
xxxxxxxxx

Hiya Jo,
To get to the government recommended weight for my height (5ft4........very straight may be a lil bit of tippy toes) i have to lose 10 ish stone!!!
last time i did SW i got to about 1 stone over the recommended weight and was really happy and looked good, i did go about 8-9lb lower and i looked so ill and just not like me at all!!
any way 5 years 1 bad break up, several dalliances, 1 permanent new man and a new baby later ive gone back, i am quite literally the twice the woman i was!!!:eek:
But 13lb lost in 1st 2 weeks and feeling better already.
so come on hun you can, we all can do this and minimins is the best place to be while we're doing it :D:D:D
xx

I started with about 10 stone to lose and weighed in at 20.5lbs that was last November. I'm now almost 5 stone down and I cant tell you how much better and more confident I feel :D

I'm sure you will do great and dont look at the big picture break it down into small chunks and chip away at them.

Good luck with your weightloss :D

I started with about 10 stone to lose and weighed in at 20.5lbs that was last November. I'm now almost 5 stone down and I cant tell you how much better and more confident I feel :D

I'm sure you will do great and dont look at the big picture break it down into small chunks and chip away at them.

Good luck with your weightloss :D

get ya look fab too!

Back