Anyone ever won any competitions/money?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I was just wondering really. I was watching The Cube on tv and the competition was for £10001 to count the number of balls. I was thinking I could do with that & I entered.

I'm sure millions enter, do they?

Are these a scam? Just wondered hence why I'm asking the question.

I've never won anything substantial, just small raffles.

What have you won?

I won a pencil case that looked like a can of 7up for having my letter published in Bunty magazine when I was a child :D Was well chuffed with it.

Also had the odd tenner on scratchcards and various raffles etc.

Avoid that getmeaticket.co.uk website, it's a total scam.

I think if you are going to go on a gameshow, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire would be the one where (provided you win the fastest finger first!) you have the chance to win the most cash.

The most I personally have ever known of someone winning was years ago, a girl who worked in my hairdressers won about 18k on the lottery.

We won the equivalent of £60.000 on the Spanish National lottery in 1995.

It was the most tremendous, fantastic feeling. We gave some to my mother, my sisters and my son, just small amounts but it was great to be able to do it.

It did a lot for us.

We often win small amounts,but then we are inveterate lottery participants.

One day we WILL get the big one, we will, we will, we will.

I KNOW WE WILL !!!!!

I won a signed football shirt of ronaldinio (the one with the large teeth). my son has it on his wall now.

-----
I think if you are going to go on a gameshow, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire would be the one where (provided you win the fastest finger first!) you have the chance to win the most cash. -----

I don't think they do the fastest finger thing any more. The other change is that the first few questions are against the clock.

I personally haven't won anything, but I did once get my tip published in Pick Me Up - my mother was so proud!

Lots of people I work with regularly do quizzes in magazines and newspapers and the like, and have won gadgets, holidays and cash. I also know a couple who do the online ones and have won bits and bobs. Most of it requires a lot of time. But if you put the time in, then there's no reason you won't reap the rewards!

Good luck! x

exMIL won a car (a mini - filled in her name at a shopping centre and months later won!).

DH also won a car (filled in a form when he was buying a new car so ended up with two brand new cars) before I met him.

My godmother used to win a lot of stuff (entered competitions for a hobby).

A man who lives in the next street from us won about £800K on the lottery (years ago - doesn't seem to have changed his life at all).

Me? I won a new kettle for my nan once in a raffle.

13 years ago I was in a syndicate at work, there was 6 of us in it and we won £52,000 on the lottery. It was for 5 plus the bonus ball on a wednesday night draw. We ended up with just under £9000 each :):):)

I have won various competitions on the radio, one of which was a trip to paris to see Justin Timberlake in concert, around 9 years ago. It was the flights to paris, hotel accommodation and concert tickets. The support act was pretty good too as it was the Black Eyed Peas.

I entered another radio competition to win a trip to vegas. I got thru and was live on air. Basically, they had the name of a celebrity and I had to guess who it was. They could only answer yes/no to my questions. I had established it was a male tv presenter and then proceeded to run through all the hair colours including no hair at that point did my time run out and they went onto the next caller. I hadn't thought of the colour grey - it was Phillip Schofield. Had I said grey I would have know straight away. TO this day every time I see him on a programme it reminds me of how close I was to winning the prize.

I love to hear of other peoples good luck. It gives me a lovely feeling.

Good luck to everyone who has numbers in tonights Euromillions.

I have won quite a few things (playing Bingo online) but i think my best one was a £250 voucher for Bolongoro Trevor (the exclusive side of the fashion label All Saints) I have a size 14 black jacket which costs £150, and i love it! I won this comp when i was at my biggest and the clothes now all fit (being designer they were always small!) and its lovely to have something a little special, that came for free!!! To win i just entered my name into a draw at the Clothes Show one year :)

I am sure i have won other things too - SW raffle :D haha! xxx

I heard yesterday that my BIL niece bought a scratch card for £1 and won £1.000 !!!!!!!! How good is that.

I havnt won anything major, won the odd hundred on a scratch card and the lottery.
The best one was just after i'd had surgery and was feeling sorry for my self so went to the shop in the hospital and won 150 on a scratch card...cheered me up lol.
When i was a 13 I also won a date with blazing squad.

My friends uncle won 3.7 million on the lottery :( lucky sod lol

Sarahlou89 said:
I havnt won anything major, won the odd hundred on a scratch card and the lottery.
The best one was just after i'd had surgery and was feeling sorry for my self so went to the shop in the hospital and won 150 on a scratch card...cheered me up lol.
When i was a 13 I also won a date with blazing squad.

My friends uncle won 3.7 million on the lottery :( lucky sod lol

How can you win a date with the whole of blazing squad?? There were about 12 of them :)

Tara- very jealous of your son...

Lol yeah they were 10 of them *hangs head in shame that i actually know lol*
It was a competition through our local radio station and me and my friend won it and we went to a local hotel and had a meal with them all.
At the time it was amazing, I was a tad obsessed with them back in the day lol.
We met them a few times after that and they always recognised us which was nice :)

Back