Anyone fancy a chit chat?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm house and animal sitting today and tomorrow for my sister, so I'm here alone. No-one is on MSN. I'm bored and missing people! But it seems that all of my friends are busy today so can't even talk to them, not that many live around here anyway. Not even the animals are talking to me! Anyone else got nothing better to do this sunday afternoon than sit on minimins?

I am also bored out of my brains, the weather is nasty, DD is around a mates house, DH is watching Lewis on TV and I'm fighting the cat for part of the sofa, other than that.....sweet FA

It's the summer holidays for me as i'm a uni student, but haven't been able to find a job, so I'm just so bored lately!

Im bored too I have french tipped my nails put some fake tan on now watching boring football, playing my sims game but still keep checking back here! Hows everyone doing today i had a lovely hot choc and a cookie for lunch! x

What a funny day today! I'm hanging around hoping my team'll post their WIs, but noone's around.. I want to go out and enjoy a walk or something.. but I'm leaving it til after 6pm......

So, pottering, surfing the net for good flight prices for holidays.. that kinda thing...

I'm here!

DH has just gone out for an all you can eat with his family so I'm firmly logged onto the laptop!

My washing machine is on it's last legs so looking at reviews for a new one - if anyone has any recommendations - let me know!!

Are you feeling any better yet Hannah? How long have you got left in quarantine?

Oooh flights to where enough?

I don't have Sims with me, I should have brought it! Dammit!

I've watched Marley & Me and am now watching Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist.

I'm starting to kind of regret moving here from London again now. The majority of my friends are in London and I kinda miss them, and it in general. I've only been at my uni here since Feb, everyone's been there for a year longer, so they all know each other better than I do obviously. So starting to get to know people, but I still live an hour away, so doesn't really work! My friends who I went to college with have all moved away. Apart from one friend who is a bit over an hour away, but lives in a remote area and doesn't drive. So makes it all difficult! And all means that I have no social life at all lately!

I know kinda how you feel Caroline, I moved here from London to be with my OH and because I still work in London, I don't really have any friends here.

My family live miles away so I'm pretty stuck on my own when OH is out.

When I'm at goal, I plan on training to be a CDC so who knows, I may make more friends that way.

It is frustrating being miles away from people, are there any groups/clubs you could join that don't involve food and aren't too difficult to get to?

What did you think of Marley & Me? I've read the book and cried like a baby and can't bring myself to watch the film yet - is it that bad?

I also have no friends where I live too. I am from Wales and moved here to Devon nearly 6 years ago! I do know alot of people but none I could say are my friends. Iv'e lost contact with alot of my friends from wales now bar 1.

Being busy makes you life fly by without you realising whats dwindling away in the background :( xxxx

Whereabouts in Worcestershire are you out of interest Lizzy?

I don't know. I'm actually quite shy. I hate doing things by myself. Once I know people it's fine, but otherwise, I find it really difficult. So just going to something by myself, not an idea I like! I thought about a drama club, but I don't think I've got the time to commit to it really this year. Other than that I'm not sure really.

I liked it. It was pretty ruined by the fact that I was taking 2 of my nieces to the cinema to see a film - either Marley & Me or Monsters vs Aliens. We were going to decide when we got there. The younger niece, Hollie, spent the WHOLE 45 minute drive talking and talking and TALKING. She was saying about her teacher Miss Baker who had gone to see it and said it was good but then went, oh but "blah, blah, blah" and said what happened at the end!!! So Monsters vs Aliens it was that day!

I need to make new friends, I know that. I want to, I just don't know how! I live in a village of 2000 people, there isn't really anyone my age. They're either away at uni, or have finished uni and moved, or just moved. And like I said, I can be so shy in situations where I'm meeting new people. Won't just go somewhere by myself, no chance!

The thing is for a very long time I didn't have the confidence to make friends being alot bigger than all the other women I met and I didn't want to be the fat friend. sounds daft don't it, So I locked myself away in the house working working working, ignoring the fact that my waistline was getting bigger and bigger.

Now when I have lost the weight I hope to gain confidence and start making friends. One thing I am worried about is that I'm not really a girly girl so I dont do this fancy clothes and heels thing.

I'm near Redditch, very different from where I used to live!!

I too am shy in new situations but sometimes, I just make myself do things, once you're over the first hurdle, it does get easier. I signed up for an evening course a couple of years back and yes, the first time was very scary, but it did get easier. You just need to put on an act I guess, nobody knows the real you so how do they know that you're shy and are putting on an act?

Drama sounds great but I guess you do need to commit to it so not good if you don't have the time. Is there any way you could get involved with it on a part time basis so that when you do have more time, you know people and feel comfortable going along more regularly?

Edited to add: None of my friends are the same age as me, most are older, some are younger. As long as you have something in common, age doesn't make a difference.

Miss Scoffalot I know exactly what you mean! I'm sick of feeling like the token fat girl. No more! I don't really do the whole fancy clothes and heels thing either!

Ahh ok, I know Redditch. I'm near Kidderminster.

I've got good at putting on that act over the years. But I feel like at the moment, I can't really do it. Maybe I'm sick of doing it. I don't know.

Not sure about the Drama, they meet once a month I think, plus rehearsals, so I'll have to see.

I'd like to do a dance or exercise class, but again, not doing it alone!

Kidderminster's not far, in fact, our wedding photographer was from there!!

I belong to a ladies only gym called Gymophobics, it's really relaxed and I feel comfortable going alone, maybe have a look into something like that when you have a bit of cash? There are a bunch of us who go at the same time/day and catch up after our session with a water/coffee in the coffee area - again, it's a real mix of people but you're not judged, you can just relax and be yourself.

Dance classes sound fab, I bet there are loads of people who go to those alone! Maybe try ringing round and get a feel for the type of people who go?

It's a small world isn't it! Did you get married long ago?

I'm a member of the gym here, on a pay as I go basis. And do quite enjoy going, when I get going!

I do want to do a dance class, but just don't think I've got the confidence to go alone! My sister said she'd come with me, but she's so unreliable. I'm too tired. Too busy. Too this, too that. So no chance there really.

Just a question. I noticed a common thread and I am the same. Do you think our weight issues are connected (amongst other things obviously) to our lack of friends?

If you were nearer me Caroline I would get you to a dance class.

Hmm quite possibly. I think for me it's seriously knocked my confidence. I have friends in London, good friends that I've known for a long time. And I have some in London for uni, but a small group. But here I don't really go out and do stuff with uni people, and don't have the confidence to totally put myself out there, so I'm not getting to know people that well.

Maybe if I wasn't so overweight, I'd have a better self esteem, and a higher level of confidence. I'd be more outgoing, and therefore have more friends. But who knows.

Aww it's a shame you're not really!

Back