Anyone Feel Their Life Is On Hold?

Pixie

Silver Member
Im the most miserable cow imaginable on LL.
I just want to get home and go to bed every night!
I know it will all be worth it but does anyone else feel this way?
x:break_diet:

Haha, you just summed my life up Pixie. I work then go home and straight to sleep. I know if im asleep I cant cheat, thought its been a close call a few times :p

Haha, you just summed my life up Pixie. I work then go home and straight to sleep. I know if im asleep I cant cheat, thought its been a close call a few times :p
Lol,

Thank god its not just me then!
I feel like such a loser I just want to sleep sleep sleep! :eek:

Sleepin is the safest place to be on a VLCD unfortunately!

Its hard though, cos I know I have stopped doing things since starting CD just to avoid temptation....ah well....in a few months we will all be back to normal!!

At the start I did a lot of sleeping as it was the safest place for me but then when the diet kicked in I found I had far more energy that I have had in years...

For me being fat meant that I made excuses not to go places and saying I will do 'that or this' when I am slim and unfortunately the years slipped by so fast and I was still talking about the day I would be slim again.

I do more going out now and I like the fact I am no longer the biggest woman in the room:)

Now I need to pull out all the stops and get cracking again and finish what I started as it is easy to become complacent when you get to a certain stage of your weight loss where you are once again comfortable with your body and mobility.

I think this weight loss journey is very emotional and we all react emotionally to it but in different ways at different stages of it.

One thing is for sure, no way do I want to go back, but I do know how easy it is to slip back into old habits and comfort zone and I know I have to be vigilant and most likely have to watch my diet and fitness levels for the rest of my life.

I feel like I have been given a second chance.

Love Mini xxx

Aw Mini!
That brought a tear to my eye!
I def recognise the bit about not going out until you r thin again...
Ive been feeling lke that in case any old friends saw me etc!

In the ten years or so I was getting fatter I did feel like my life was on hold. When I start CD it was on a different kind of hold it felt more temporary and exciting.

Dizzy x

In the ten years or so I was getting fatter I did feel like my life was on hold. When I start CD it was on a different kind of hold it felt more temporary and exciting.

Dizzy x
Yeah Dizzy thats how I feel.
A lady in our group said we should have a butterfly party when we finish like extreme makeover at the end, when we emerge from our cocoons of fat! ;)

A lady in our group said we should have a butterfly party when we finish like extreme makeover at the end, when we emerge from our cocoons of fat! ;)

That is a lovely way of putting it!!!

Love Mini xxx

LOL

I was going to use a cocoon example too. I also felt safe and secure in my CD cocoon too because I was protected from the enemy food.

Emerging a butterfly is wonderful but I feel a bit like a nervous butterfly who's wings are still need to dry a bit. Learning to deal with food again. it's both wonderful and scarey but it is really great to have to face up to the demons even if it's not easy. Enjoy the safety of the cocoon and look forward and prepare yourself for when you emerge back into the real world.

Besides it's a wonderfully short journey in the grand scheme of things however much you have to lose.

Dizzy x

I know exactly what you mean. But I just keep thinking about how much better I feel already!
What about a hobby? I use my hobby of scrapbooking to keep me going in the evenings, and I glug my water while doing it!

Well guys Im off to the gym tonight in my size 12 (admittedly still a bit clingy!) lycra tracksuit!
Woo hoo :D
That should keep me awake.

Hi Pix,

How are you getting on with the packs? are you still not eating them - how are you finding it.

In response to the life being on hold Q - I must admit I am avoiding friends as I have not told all of them I am doing LL and so don't want the q's about why I am not eating as all our meet ups tend to involve food & alcohol and so they would def notice if I was not joining in.

I don't know why I don't want to tell them, I would rather wait until I am on Management and it easier to hide. Here's hoping I will have some friends left by then :( as if I keep rejecting invitations they might get fed up of asking me:( :(

I really just wish I could sleep through the rest of my 100 days and wake up slim & confident and ready to face the world.

x

Hi Pix,

How are you getting on with the packs? are you still not eating them - how are you finding it.

In response to the life being on hold Q - I must admit I am avoiding friends as I have not told all of them I am doing LL and so don't want the q's about why I am not eating as all our meet ups tend to involve food & alcohol and so they would def notice if I was not joining in.

I don't know why I don't want to tell them, I would rather wait until I am on Management and it easier to hide. Here's hoping I will have some friends left by then :( as if I keep rejecting invitations they might get fed up of asking me:( :(

I really just wish I could sleep through the rest of my 100 days and wake up slim & confident and ready to face the world.

x

God that is so how I feel!
I wish I could hibernate while everything changes!
But if you think about it if you did that you would just go straight back to how you were before when you woke up.
LOL.
I would anyway!
Still not getting on with the packs am surviving on 2 bars plus small amount of cottage cheese per day :(
But Im still in ketosis so it looks like its working!

I've been feeling so guilty about that - I had a friend's birthday on Saturday. She was planning to go to this winetasting - well, I could explain to her I'd given up booze as a NY resolution - but I got talked into agreeing to go to the dinner afterwards.

When the time came, I got on the train to go, reached the Euston terminus and then didn't get off. :confused: I waited until the train began it's journey back to my home station and told her I had train problems, so couldn't get there.

I don't have train problems, I have a food problem! :mad:

When I first started this lark I did feel like my life was on hold and that everyone was having fun except me (particularly on black days) - BUT after a while I thought - this is crazy - you are going to be doing this a long time (a lot of weight to lose) you can either go with it and adjust or be miserable and thats a rocky road to failure.
So now - I don't put food at the centre of everything and it works!! (I used to!!!). Now I go out to restaurants with friends and have a bar or a shake (most places are pretty good about providing a mug/bowl of hot water). I go out for drinks and stick to water or black coffee (most bars do coffee). Am I missing out. NOOOOO!!!!!! I've realised that its the social aspect thats important, NOT THE FOOD. And that's quite a statement coming from a definite foodie who loves a good meal and wine!! While my friends were uncomfortable eating in front of me at first that was THEIR PROBLEM not MINE and now they are used to it. Its me they want to see, not what I put in my face. I'm still the same person, there's just less of me.
I'm not saying its easy, but for me being open and upfront about it is better than hiding away. For me its quite empowering and also coz they've seen "what I've been through" - their words not mine - I think I am far more likely to keep the weight off as I don't want to do this ever again.

Hope this is not too ranty a post, its just something I feel strongly about.

You know what - I am very miserable as well. It is not the lack of food - it is the fact that I have got myself into this position in the first place. I have been fat since I was about 19 (about 15 years) and itis only now that I have done something very serious about it and I am so annoyed with myself for eating that chocolate / cake / cheese crisps. I hope I hang onto it and remember it when I need it.

My life is on hold turning down all offers of going out etc - can't wait for May when I think I will have a life ! and I might even be in a pair of shorts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

When I first started this lark I did feel like my life was on hold and that everyone was having fun except me (particularly on black days) - BUT after a while I thought - this is crazy - you are going to be doing this a long time (a lot of weight to lose) you can either go with it and adjust or be miserable and thats a rocky road to failure.
So now - I don't put food at the centre of everything and it works!! (I used to!!!). Now I go out to restaurants with friends and have a bar or a shake (most places are pretty good about providing a mug/bowl of hot water). I go out for drinks and stick to water or black coffee (most bars do coffee). Am I missing out. NOOOOO!!!!!! I've realised that its the social aspect thats important, NOT THE FOOD. And that's quite a statement coming from a definite foodie who loves a good meal and wine!! While my friends were uncomfortable eating in front of me at first that was THEIR PROBLEM not MINE and now they are used to it. Its me they want to see, not what I put in my face. I'm still the same person, there's just less of me.
I'm not saying its easy, but for me being open and upfront about it is better than hiding away. For me its quite empowering and also coz they've seen "what I've been through" - their words not mine - I think I am far more likely to keep the weight off as I don't want to do this ever again.

Hope this is not too ranty a post, its just something I feel strongly about.

Hi Joolz!

I dont have a problem with not eating when everyone is there thats not a problem for me!
You have done sooo well to keep your social life up.
Its just that for me I feel permaenetly miserable and tired on LL and just want to sleep all the time!
:cry:

You know what - I am very miserable as well. It is not the lack of food - it is the fact that I have got myself into this position in the first place. I have been fat since I was about 19 (about 15 years) and itis only now that I have done something very serious about it and I am so annoyed with myself for eating that chocolate / cake / cheese crisps. I hope I hang onto it and remember it when I need it.

My life is on hold turning down all offers of going out etc - can't wait for May when I think I will have a life ! and I might even be in a pair of shorts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

You will be in hotpants not shorts SM!:D

I've been feeling so guilty about that - I had a friend's birthday on Saturday. She was planning to go to this winetasting - well, I could explain to her I'd given up booze as a NY resolution - but I got talked into agreeing to go to the dinner afterwards.

When the time came, I got on the train to go, reached the Euston terminus and then didn't get off. :confused: I waited until the train began it's journey back to my home station and told her I had train problems, so couldn't get there.

I don't have train problems, I have a food problem! :mad:

Oh Vorlina!

Was she ok about it?

Back