Anyone giving anything up for Lent?

Now, depending where you stand on these things, in the Catholic faith Sundays do not count towards the 40 days of Lent because they are considered feast days - so you can give something up in the week and still have your treat at the weekend.

[Caveat - not all faiths follow this rule and you don't need to abide by it if it doesn't feel right to you. Nor should you shoot the messenger as it's not their fault there's a loophole ;)]

Now, depending where you stand on these things, in the Catholic faith Sundays do not count towards the 40 days of Lent because they are considered feast days - so you can give something up in the week and still have your treat at the weekend.

[Caveat - not all faiths follow this rule and you don't need to abide by it if it doesn't feel right to you. Nor should you shoot the messenger as it's not their fault there's a loophole ;)]

I knew this too - however, I know that if I had my "treat" on Sundays then I wouldn't be able to do this for the full time. It's daft really but I go cold turkey for the full duration and how I enjoy the chocolate on Easter Sunday!! :D

When is it?? Well whenever it is I'll be giving up my need for male approval! :) Need to build up my self esteem all by myself :)

I knew this too - however, I know that if I had my "treat" on Sundays then I wouldn't be able to do this for the full time. It's daft really but I go cold turkey for the full duration and how I enjoy the chocolate on Easter Sunday!! :D

I agree, I already save up my treats for weekends, somehow it wouldn't feel like such a challenge if I was only abstaining for 6 days at a time. My my how I've changed since being on SW - before I would have moaned about going hours without some things!!.

Back