Anyone got any tasty soup recipes?

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Really am craving soup and want to make my own rather than buying them.

Loving cogent gardens carrot and corriander soup and the bns one.
Xx

Try doing a search because there are tonnes of soup recipes on these forums. Also check out www.bbcgoodfood.com for more soup ideas :)

Butternut squash makes a nice soup. Boil with an onion and potato, seasoning and a little curry powder. Can't taste the curry powder but it makes a difference. Then blend it and add plenty of pepper. I also made a lovely veg soup if you like sprouts! Sprouts, carrots, peas, leeks and stock cubes then added a blob of mint sauce, blended some smooth and some a little less smooth and it was yummy, and I'm not a soup lover :)

A really good one that I made for the first time is sweet potato and butternut squash.

1 onion, roughly chopped
1 butternut squash, unpeeled, halved, seeds scraped out, sliced into 2.5cm/1in x 2.5cm/1in cubes
500g/1lb 2oz sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 2.5cm/1in thick rings
frylight
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1.5 litres/2 pints 13fl oz vegetable stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Roast all the veg in the oven sprayed with frylight for about 45mins-1hr, once soft put into food processer and add stock, blend until smooth.

i like mine thick but you can add more stock if needed. it was very tasty and filling

Hi, Ive been having a tomato and roasted red pepper soup ; two tins chopped tomatoes, 1red pepper sliced and sprayed with fry light and roasted in oven for 30 mins, 1 onion and half pint veg stock, bring to boil and simmer for 30 mins then blitz, very thick and yum :)

Back