Anyone having flexi syns tonight? What's your limit?

thinfor30!

Hi there,

Ia m having a flexi syn night tonight and am a bit worried (have never done it before). Am out at a friends who is getting in pizzas and loads of wine for a few of us. I haven't drunk since New Years but am looking forward to a good few glasses. I thought about being good and driving and eating before I go but then thought, no, I actually want to relax and enjoy. Just wondered how everyone else feels on flexi syn days.

I think it is a useful tool if you have a special occasion and want to enjoy it to the full while still staying in control of what you eat and drink. It's great that you are thinking ahead about how to handle your night out and not just saying 'sod it' like many people do. Work out how many syns you will need on the night and stick to it. It doesn't really matter what other people are doing because this is about you and what you need.

Enjoy your night!

Thanks Patchwork Puss! I am going to fully indulge tonight (although the pizzas are sinfully high dominos ones so I know with wine my syns will be loads) but am back on the regime from tommorrow morning with lots of gym sessions next week before Thursday's weigh in!

Remember that if you're flexisynning, you need to decide in advance how many syns you're going to consume, track them as you do, and then stop eating/drinking when you've reached the limit you decided earlier. This is a way of keeping in control, even if you're eating more than the SW plan would usually allow :)

(Personally, I prefer just to have a night off plan and get back on it the next day! :) Hope you enjoy your evening!)

Yes I think it will be hard to know the exact syns of everything I am eating, so may just do a night off then fully back on tommorrow. I will report back!

Can someone explain flexing syns to me please? Only been to 2 classes but these have never been mentioned. Thanks x

I see thanks for that, I too have only been to 2 classes and hadn't heard of it :) xxx

I also prefer 'a night off' to flexi synning. I know its naughty, but if I try having a flexi syn night, I end up loosing track/not knowing the correct syns so just go mad anyway!

Every once in a while is OK I think

Had my night off plan last night and ended up having four slices of pizza, five glasses of wine and then some thorntons continentals and a baileys coffee. I thoroughly enjoyed my night, have drawn a line under it and am back on the plan as of this morning. I don't feel too bad as am going to be really good with lots of healthy food and plan to do some form of exercise Mon through to Fri next week.

I did it last night for hubbys birthday & had planned 60 syns but had already decided what I was eating so made it easy to stick to. Also saved my healthy extras for the cheese. I can say the slab of chocolate brownie cake was more than worth the 35 syns I allocated it! It was from m&s & was off the scale! I think flexi syns are fab so you can live like normal people & in no way do I consider saving / planning my syns the same as falling off the wagon then trying to scrape back the syns (which happened on Tuesday for me!). I just have pretty much no syns left til Tuesday but I'll cope x

You know you aren't supposed to stop having your ordinary syn allowances when you flexisyn don't you? You just carry on as normal the next day. It doesn't guarantee a loss that week but stops you feeling deprived and losing control.

Some people use their syns weekly, and some daily, and some choose to have a small amount per day and "bank" the rest of their allowance and work that into the equation for a higher syn day - whatever works for you is fine, but don't count your flexisyn occasion as part of your weekly allowance. That's not how it works.

Back