anyone help me out?

beccaharrison89

Gold Member
i hve been looking at the silvercross sleepover deluxe pram however it far too expensive.
i like tHis pram because it spacious and big whereas some prams nowadays r tiny and baby looks squashed.
does anyone Body no any prams similar to this?
i was hoping to get one in sale for about 300

Hey Hun I spent 500 on my first pram the pramette by mama and papa I hardly used it my fav was the mama and papa Luna it was lovley to push not bulky and my lil man was comfy in totall I had 6 lol chucked some away now lol I'm going to use the pramette again then give the Luna a food clean up and use that hope u fine ur right pram x

The silver cross prams are very good, especially for newborn I had the silver cross 3d and it was a great pram I got car seat, footmuff, raincover and changing bag with it and paid 300 quid. Most prams you have to buy the accessories seperate and they can work out quite expensive I used mine for about a yr. Also if you join mother baby club at mothercare you get offers to save you more money x

Cas3 said:
The silver cross prams are very good, especially for newborn I had the silver cross 3d and it was a great pram I got car seat, footmuff, raincover and changing bag with it and paid 300 quid. Most prams you have to buy the accessories seperate and they can work out quite expensive I used mine for about a yr. Also if you join mother baby club at mothercare you get offers to save you more money x

i was looking at that one and i do really like it but is it quite small?i want a spacious one.how come you only used it for year ,cant you change it to pushchair for when they Bit Bigger and older?
tell me if im rong coz aint Gotta clue with tHis being my first.

On 3d pram when your baby is about 3 mths they out grow the newborn bit and it converts into forward facing pram which is nice for the baby as they can see out. I used mine for about year as I just wanted a light weight buggy. I will add when buying a pram think about your specific lifestyle if it can fit into your car, easy to fold or easy to get on public transport it just make life alot easier for you.

I had a m+p pliko pramette with my first LO and didn't like it after a few weeks best pram iv had is the Luna too it's a great pram wish I got one from the start, the one were going for this time is a sola it's like a Luna but abut better designed and more compact which I like tried it out in shop and it's great, my LO is nearly 2 and a half now and still fits in his luna fine and has loads of room and it's still easy to push even though he's quite heavy x

Forgot to say we arnt getting double buggy I saw someone post about it earlier, just gunna get buggy board and a sling so for short journeys either youngest in pram and toddler on buggy board or youngest in sling and toddler in buggy depending on the situation, if we go on a day trip were they will both need a pram we've worked out we can fit both in the boot and me and DH will have one each x

You could always get it when your LO gets abut bigger and you wouldnt have to get the carseat then either, I wanted the cybex carseat but DH said no as we have the other carseat primio viaggo? m+p one from LOs pliko so that will save us £140 I suppose, if we have anything spare near the time though I'm going to get it lol bit then will have to buy the separate adaptors which are £25 per carseat which is annoying!

I probably will get the sola don't really want to be pushing a double everywhere dont think I get the carseat unless its on offer with the pushchair but adapter sounds expensive. If I do need a double I'll just buy a cheap one after birth won't need it straight away my oh be off work for a few weeks so if needed we can have a pram each. At the moment my lo isn't staying in her buggy very long she wants to be walking and got 3 mths to get her walking better. Can I just ask is the sola any good for toddlers so if needed I could swap them round if my toddler gets tired x

From what I've seen the sola is same size seat as the Luna which my 2 and half still fits in absolutely fine with loads of room and I'd say he's got about another year at least before he gets too big for it xx

Becca can I just say also I know a big pram is nice but think of what you will be doing with it before you buy, do you have a big enough boot to fit it in? And say be able to fit shopping in too or other things, if you will be using public transport alot a bigger pram might inconvenient also as it's harder getting on and off buses etc x

thNks for the replies .each time someone hs mentioned brand of pram i bin googling it ha.
i jus want onethats going to last. and thw silVercross ones ive seem say up u til toddler.
i indwrstand obv depends on size of child etc.
a lot of people i have spoke to tend to change after a year is this mainly for a lighter stroller?
how long norm omce newborn are they in the main pram Bit?

prob about 2 months i cant remember i would go on how big bubba gets

i must admit the pram is a bit of a nightmere with the space in the car and heavy i do love a stroller x

I've had friends who have had there baby in the newborn bit up to about 16 wks but it really depends on the size and weight of the baby I used mine about 12 wks but I know other mums only used it for about 2 mths. If they still sell them in mothercare, toys r us or john lewis, you can go in and try it out, they can show you how to convert pram into pushchair and also show you how to fold it to give you a better idea of how practical it will be for you. Also they can give you advice on other prams etc. With my 3d I used it often on public transport and it was fine but it was quite heavey to fold and get it in and out of the car etc so it depends on your lifestyle x

From what I've seen the sola is same size seat as the Luna which my 2 and half still fits in absolutely fine with loads of room and I'd say he's got about another year at least before he gets too big for it xx

Thanks Mrs S, thats helped me abit i've not got mama and papas shops near by so have to visit one of the bigger shopping centres to try it out and have a look at it. Might get a buggy board aswell x

Cas3 said:

i am going to have a look at this pram next week as i have seen it on the internet and think the deal is fab.
does the offet for 300 applt in mothercare store or just on internet?

Back