Anyone in a panic about christmas or is it just me? lol

catxx

Right, I have been quite strict with myself for 11wks now. Stuck to plan 98% of the time. I am so pleased with the weight loss, it has exceeded my expectations to be honest. Now 10.5lbs away from goal. :angel09:

I have a big Xmas party on 16th Dec, a wkend away at my grandparents (they always try and feed us up lol ) Christmas wk will be taken up with family visits etc. Boxing day we have a 3 course meal booked at the toby carvery. We always end up with lots of choccie in that people buy for kids. Have had to stay off the stuff completely. Unfortunately its the only way I can do it cos I can't have just a few mouthfuls.

I already have a couple bottles of mulled wine and fav drink in :party0036:

Just worried how I am going to stay away from temptation and how I am going to limit my treats. Feel that I have worked so hard and I don't want to undo my hard work :xmascheers:.

Just starting to panic a bit and instead of looking forward to it now worried :( Will certainly be gutted if I put on more than a couple of pounds.

Anyways, just wondered how you are going to approach the xmas period in your head. Mine will be to limit treats but still have them. That is the plan anyway! :Christmas02r:

Heya

I did last year as I wasn't very far into SW, but this year not so, the way I see it I am closeish to target and this in itself is a lifetime change to me, and hopefully theres a hell of alot more xmasses to come in my lifetime!!! I think you do have to enjoy yourself/not make yourself miserable, it only comes once a year afterall!! I plan to accept that I will eat more naughtier things than I would normally, but be aware of what I am eating and DON'T binge on them!! Previous years I would have eaten what I liked over Xmas, the more the better and not get back on to healthier eating therefore packing more and more weight on!!! It goes on simply and getting back onto eating healthly will make the weight fall off pretty simply. I think its all being more aware. Have fun!

Helen xxx

Yes I do want to enjoy it! I want to have a bit of everything I fancy. Just gotta make sure its a bit :D. Thanks x

:eatdrink051:

I`ve got to agree hunny, you do need to enjoy yourself.

The way i`m tackling xmas is i have 4/5 days where i`m going to flexi syn for those days .... (my birthday/my close friends birthday, both in Dec, xmas eve/xmas day/boxing day). The rest of the days i am in control of my food i intend to do SW down to the letter and on the weeks where i have a flexi day i`ll try and keep my syns down.

But i will be allowing myself my treats on the days mentioned ... The way i see it, is in January i can do 4 weeks of 100% SW with a good bit of walking/swimming thrown in and loose the lil bit i may have gained over those 4 weeks ... and not feel like i`ve missed out over xmas ;)

You`re not undoing any of the hard work if you`re sticking to plan most of the time and just allowing the odd wee treat at xmas x x x

I have decided I am having one festive meal a day on Christmas day and Boxing day but have my normal SW meals the rest of the time. I think it will be a case of just a bit extra as I now don't really like a lot of the things I used to eat. It will be a roast potato or 2 with Christmas lunch and the stuffing's and apple sauce and cranberry etc but no Christmas pudding or trifle.

On Boxing day it will be indulging in all the cold meat left overs with potato salad etc and lots of pickles and chutneys.

But no alcohol, don't want to treat that path again or waste syns.

Looking forward to it.

I am really panicking now - as I haven't been good for 2 weeks although stayed the same at class - my FIL died and it was a stressful anxious sad and distressing 3 weeks - it';s completely knocked me off plan and I am eating rubbisdh already - frightened that I won't get to grips with this last 7lb's I WANTED to lose before Christmas Day.

AND from next week my Christmas 'meal' festivities start - 28th November is my first and then one a week until Christmas - dreading it all really.

I have to agree with suplizi all the way. I've worked hard and christmas is a time to have fun and relax. I will still be aware of what im eating but im not going to say no to everything! That would be a crime :giggle: I intend to have fun with family, i intend to eat all the cheese i like and i intend to be careful with chocolate :giggle: But if i pig out i pig out, as long as i get back on it as soon as, then ill be fine :D

I'm going skiing for a week over Christmas and we're in a catered chalet so will have very little control over what I eat. My tactic is going to be avoiding pudding as much as possible, trying to have healthier options such as porridge for breakfast (rather than croissants or cooked breakfast) and going easy on the wine.

Then skiing like a lunatic all day, every day, in the hope that all the extra exercise will stop me gaining too much!

Thanks for feedback ev1. Think I need to stop stressing. Yep, I have a clear January to lose anything I put on. It will be a case of damage limitation over xmas, try not to do anything to excess but def not miss out. Thank you xxx:48:

Do you have a wii fit?
Last year we spent xmas stopping at my parents but still visited OH's family as well. But we had the wii fit on pretty much all day, I don't mean the yoga and things but things like the hula hooping and balance games.
They're absolutely hilarious to watch ppl playing (especially when ppl start to get merry and their balance goes to pot!)
Boxing day I actually woke up aching from exercise even though I'd only been having fun.
I felt alot better about gobbling all the xmas goodies (I deffinately lean too much towards the 'f it it's xmas/easter/weekend/I'm alive' mentality and I'm sure it stopped me putting on silly amounts of weight.

My plan is to be as strict as can for the next few weeks on the run up to Christmas. I have also made a list of Slimming world Christmas goodies that I am gonna cook or prepare which I can pick on over the two day.

But my biggest plan is not to stress about it after all its only for two days and how many of us on a normal week go of plan.

Last Christmas and New Year I relaxed a bit on SW, half sticking to the plan. I did put weight on, not sure how much but I do know it took 2 weeks to lose it. Two weeks isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things so in my opinion enjoying that little more of treats was worth it!

I have 7x 3 course dinners starting next Saturday up until Christmas Eve with a meal out that day and buffet that night plus usual girly lunches but am looking on them all as a "Challenge" lol - 4 lbs away from 5 stone award now

I am really panicking now - as I haven't been good for 2 weeks although stayed the same at class - my FIL died and it was a stressful anxious sad and distressing 3 weeks - it';s completely knocked me off plan and I am eating rubbisdh already - frightened that I won't get to grips with this last 7lb's I WANTED to lose before Christmas Day.

AND from next week my Christmas 'meal' festivities start - 28th November is my first and then one a week until Christmas - dreading it all really.

Do you know, that 7lbs does not matter one jot at present. The important thing is not to put 7lbs on.

I think ,and this is only my opinion, that you need to relax and to be there for your husband. It will be a very sad Christmas for him.

You can get back on track properly once you are all feeling a little better.

I promise you the sadness passes with time and soon the good memories will be in the forefront. We now remember my mum and dad and FIL with great affection and often great amusement.

Of course that is a way down the line.

Enjoy your Christmas as best you can and do not beat yourself up over a few pounds,

hugs to you all xxxxxx

No use fretting about it really.

Personally, as I posted previously on these boards, my works Christmas do is going to be mountains of veg, gallons of diet coke listening to some ropey T. Rex tribute band and me as designated taxi driver. I don't have a sweet tooth, so my Christmas main worry will be the gravy lol!

I'm doing a 12 mile hike the next day ending with - yes, you guessed it, another Christmas lunch! - I figure the nasty gravy will be well and truly balanced out by the long hike!

Just think on - one large gain over Christmas will most likely be followed by a large loss the week after. Enjoy your Christmas - forget the worry & stress:cool:

I've listed all the days when i'm going out to parties and family.The times where its not hard to do SW i'll do it 100% and make sure i have plenty of superspeed and speed foods that wk,but there are a couple of days that will be 'day off' and i will really enjoy them all the more. Then make sure the rest of the time is 100% SW....sounds easy written down,doing it is the hard part!!!!!
I think that all of us will panic or feel guilty and some point tis the season where its sooooooo hard lol

Good luck everyone:party0011:

Back