Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Sad day today.....just waiting for our taxi bus to take us to the airport to fly home from Rome. Looking forward to my own loo seat & super king size bed & to have some no carb days, cos as you can imagine being in Italy a lot of carbs have been consumed! We had a different flavoured gelato every day & think pistachio was my fave. We're all fired up to make some homemade pasta tho, so will probably have that at the weekend & then do some EESP/Red days.
I am huge at the mo & feel very ashamed of myself, but from Monday that's it.....SW here I come! Have 2 more trips to Bahrain planned for this year & refuse to buy bigger summer clothes!

Looking forward to all the wedding chat from Donna & Nikki.....only seems 5 mins ago you both got proposed to!

Awe sad day when you come home from a holiday <3 but on a positive you can look forward to Bahrain and start back on the slimming world wagon.

I've had 3 super weeks and very peeved at only a 1.5lb loss, fingers crossed I see some more gone on the weekend. I've worked out I need 1lb a week to hit my wedding target so slow and steady. I know that when I do a juice week I can smash it so if I get to 2 months from now just before the hen do I'll do a juice week.

Missed you Kim!

STS this week.

Please tell me it's the antibiotics because I've worked my butt off this week!

Sts for me too - I need to think about what was working and what has changed - I'm not drinking water - I was drinking a litre a day, I'm not as organised - I can change that too. I've been doing weights and don't want to lose lean muscle - so I'm gonna just keep chipping away!

I'm sure it's the medication Nikki, you are doing so well... fingers crossed this week will be your week to see a big loss.

I've been hit and miss with my diet these past couple of weeks, but I've started doing more exercise and will be keeping that up. I can't commit to being 100% on the diet front as again we have loads of plans coming up, but I am going to be good when I can and try not to go too crazy when we do have plans. Haven't been to the gym for the past couple of weeks as my gym buddy is moving house, so hoping for a small loss overall when I do weigh or at least a maintain... I'll be so mad with myself if I've gone back up to 10 stone something.

I must admit I've just weighed and things are looking ok but I'm out tomorrow night so think wise choices on the drink and food front will be in order!

I might even go to slimming world group tomorrow ......

What a bag of poo.... Why won't the scales move!!!! I feel like all this effort for nothing and the wedding is getting closer and closer

Can I join, please? A 1.5lb loss yesterday has put me in the next stone bracket - hooray!

I'm sure you will see a loss again very soon, Nikki. You're already well into the healthy BMI category, so that could just be the reason for what you are experiencing. I've hit a bit of a brick wall myself - didn't shift much weight at all last month, but the scales are still slowly creeping down - the overall trend is important :). You've still got plenty of time, and slow and steady wins the race! Don't give up - you've done so well. Crossing my fingers for you for a good result at next weigh in. x

Have the scales moved Nikki.....hope you avoided the Easter bunny lol?!
Welcome Wendolene & well done on your loss. We're normally a bit chattier on here, so I'm sure once the holidays are over we'll all be raring to go again!

Well girls I'm pleased to report that I lost 3.5lbs in my first week & another 3.5lbs this week.....half a stone in 2 weeks is unheard of for me, but I am a weeble wobble at the moment so not a complete surprise! I've also stopped/weaning some drugs & stopped the patches a week ago, which I was convinced piled the weight on, so I might be proving my theory correct lol!
Off out on my road bike today for the first time this year......physio wasn't keen for me to ride, but sod it I'm going as have severe withdrawal symptoms lol!
I'll try & get on a lot more as I'm back at work, so should have more time weirdly lol!
Happy healthy living x

Hi Wendolene - I'm off and on this thread. Slow and steady and hopefully moving forwards - I generally go forwards then backwards. I battle with chronic pain and stress which means I'm in a circle of learning to be patient. Having just gone backwards - I'm getting back on track tomorrow - got everything ready. Kim63 - I know what you mean when the physio says no but you really need to for your sanity! Hope you enjoy it and be careful!

Kim the scales finally moved! I was down to 10st 4.75lb on Thursday so the 9's are getting closer for me!! However, the easter bunny and cocktails happened all weekend. Yesterday the easter bloat was a shocking 6lb!! I wasn't on plan yesterday, I had a couple of slices of pizza but no alcohol!

I've decided not to waste my money on group and not to stress out about having a "weigh day" I like to weigh everyday and if I have a weigh day and it's good news I just binge! So my logic is that if I don't set an actual weigh day and just keep chipping away at the weight then I won't actually binge and I have more chance of getting this 21lb off in time for the big day which is 20.5 weeks away!

Ps I was getting that stressed out about the wedding I asked the other half if we could postpone until next year haha he said yes but thought we would lose all the money we have spent. I'm getting stressed because we have decided to change the honeymoon and the thought of flying is worrying me!

Makes sense Nikki......you have to do what works for you. Maybe just keep a mental note every fortnight or monthly so you can see those numbers going down & psychologically it shoukd work seeing a lower number.
Why are you worried about flying? Why change the honeymoon? x

Hi Wendolene - I'm off and on this thread. Slow and steady and hopefully moving forwards - I generally go forwards then backwards. I battle with chronic pain and stress which means I'm in a circle of learning to be patient. Having just gone backwards - I'm getting back on track tomorrow - got everything ready. Kim63 - I know what you mean when the physio says no but you really need to for your sanity! Hope you enjoy it and be careful!

I've been battling acute/chronic pain for the past 5 years, so I know how you feel :-( Taking lots of analgesia certainly doesnt help with weight loss, so its a constant battle.....I feel your pain x

We are booked to go on a cruise but I think may be a bit too fidgety in the posh restaurants plus it's going to cost us a fortune so we are going to move the cruise to next year and go on a beach holiday for the honeymoon which I think will be better for us.

Stressing about the wedding because I'm still 8lb heavier than when I bought my wedding dress and I wasn't comfy in it when I bought it so I need to lose at least 1 stone in time for the dress fitting at end of July x

Hi Lovehatecarbs, I suffer from anxiety and I'm on medication for it (which increases the appetite and slows the metabolism), so I understand how difficult it can be to suffer from stress whilst dieting. I fell ill a couple of years ago - was a healthy 8.5-9 stone before starting the medication, but then I gained 2 stone in a year :(. My medication is also used for pain relief in some people - it's not easy, especially if the weight gain offsets the effect of the medication by making the pain worse.

Nikki, congratulations on your loss. Your target is still obtainable - a loss of around 1lb a week would get you there :). I'm also a nervous flyer - I'm supposed to be seeing a friend in Antwerp in a few weeks, and I keep thinking of taking the Eurostar instead. Silly really, when flying is the safest form of transport.

I missed weigh in yesterday, so I'm really trying to blitz it this week. Don't want to see that pesky 10 make a return on the scales. It's becoming a real fight now to lose any more weight. Most of it is around my belly, so I should probably do some sit ups, but I'm scared of gaining weight due to muscle mass. I keep toying with the idea of a Wii Fit, but haven't got one yet, for the same reason. The extent of my exercise is walking, and I remember once gaining half a stone when I walked to work for a month. I'm also constantly wondering if I set my target in the right place. 9 stone would have been more achievable, but 8 stone 5.5 would have given me my 3 stone award (and more leeway for the occasional 'naughty' treat). I'll be annoyed if I've lost nothing in a fortnight, as I had no chocolate on Sunday and was constantly craving Cadbury's, for some reason. I had a cup of vanilla and rooibos tea and a bowl of raspberries to satisfy my sweet tooth in the end, lol.

Last edited:
Back