Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Just out of curiosity can someone explain. Been thinking I eat too much in general. Even on a good day I prob have big portions but if for example i had a sandwich for lunch i would have the shakes come 3pm so always try to have decent lunch. Beans on toast or huge bowl cous cous etc
So checked on line and for my height etc I should be eating 1200 cals....when I went into mfp and put it a typical days menu its much more than that.
So if most places are saying I need certain amount cals to lose weight why doesn't sw work this way? Am I just simply eating too much and why i lose little?
Does sw really suit all sizes...if there are free foods and only eat til full yet we are all diff sizes etc how does it work?

debtin said:
Just out of curiosity can someone explain. Been thinking I eat too much in general. Even on a good day I prob have big portions but if for example i had a sandwich for lunch i would have the shakes come 3pm so always try to have decent lunch. Beans on toast or huge bowl cous cous etc
So checked on line and for my height etc I should be eating 1200 cals....when I went into mfp and put it a typical days menu its much more than that.
So if most places are saying I need certain amount cals to lose weight why doesn't sw work this way? Am I just simply eating too much and why i lose little?
Does sw really suit all sizes...if there are free foods and only eat til full yet we are all diff sizes etc how does it work?

I know its easy for me to say but try not to overthink SW. Its been nutritionally & scientifically worked out for us so we don't have to worry about calories, but I do know where you're coming from.
In a nutshell, its calories in calories out & you need to have a certain defecit. We naturally burn calories by breathing, sleeping etc. You are at a healthy weight & BMI for your height, so because your not having much of a defecit you're probably staying the same weight. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

kim63 said:
You should have said your eyes as well Laura as in the pics I've seen of you, you have gorgeous big ?brown eyes x

Aww thank you Kim! Yeh eyes are always a good one they can't be fat lol!! X

debtin said:

Reading around about the issue previously - Mfp quite drastically underestimates how many calories you need as almost everything else I've read suggests we need more than it states. Infact many suggest that 1200 is needlessly low and you will actually do better on more. Remember too that exercise burns off extra calories sp you should be eating more than the 1200 so you don't end up dangerously low.

Some people find that slimming world doesn't give them any losses at all and they have to resort to calorie counting or other options.

Slimming world although basically still working on the basis of calories (such as syns etc) goes more on the principle of filling up on the right things - these will keep you fuller for longer. It also makes it much easier to stick to it as of course there's the psychological aspect of if on a plan that allows no more food once you've ate your allocated amount then that can lead to feelings of deprivation and hence binging.

I think at this stage so close to target we are nearly all slow losers and this is totally normal at the final stages.

Basically you could try eating less and see if you get better losses but the point is if you are hungry and miserable is there really any point?

I know a few of us on here are light eaters who are probably at or under our recommended calories but I am defo not one of them. I still have pretty big portions especially of pasta, grains etc which are all quite high in calories but it keeps me full and I can still lose weight albeit slowly do it really doesn't bother me.

Rambling on a bit here :p x

icklerockchick said:
Aww thank you Kim! Yeh eyes are always a good one they can't be fat lol!! X

Reading around about the issue previously - Mfp quite drastically underestimates how many calories you need as almost everything else I've read suggests we need more than it states. Infact many suggest that 1200 is needlessly low and you will actually do better on more. Remember too that exercise burns off extra calories sp you should be eating more than the 1200 so you don't end up dangerously low.

Some people find that slimming world doesn't give them any losses at all and they have to resort to calorie counting or other options.

Slimming world although basically still working on the basis of calories (such as syns etc) goes more on the principle of filling up on the right things - these will keep you fuller for longer. It also makes it much easier to stick to it as of course there's the psychological aspect of if on a plan that allows no more food once you've ate your allocated amount then that can lead to feelings of deprivation and hence binging.

I think at this stage so close to target we are nearly all slow losers and this is totally normal at the final stages.

Basically you could try eating less and see if you get better losses but the point is if you are hungry and miserable is there really any point?

I know a few of us on here are light eaters who are probably at or under our recommended calories but I am defo not one of them. I still have pretty big portions especially of pasta, grains etc which are all quite high in calories but it keeps me full and I can still lose weight albeit slowly do it really doesn't bother me.

Rambling on a bit here :p x

Very sensible replies. Kim still don't know how to do multi quotes sorry. Yes lot of them say 1200 which isn't a lot...my very first week on sw I was 9st 2lb and I was having omelette with beans for breakfast, mug shot as a snack, huge lunch and dinner and I lost two pound. Now i have a fat free yogurt and fruit. Wonder if I have been over thinking it a bit much lately as its not meant to be this hard...I think about food all the time. I am so sorry that I am constantly up and down with sw and not knowing where my head is at. I hear myself, I am bored of my analyisng, my life is gettin boring with it. Walked around Asda today with no idea what I could buy....what i was allowed...the mental thinking was driving me crazy. I am up there ready to go for it then bang am down about it again. I just want to eat without the battle that goes on in my brain....god ladies its therapy I need not a forum. I do apologise as I am dragging myself down so god knows what I do to you lot when you see a post....is she crazy today or positive ha ha

Rant away it's what we are here for :)

I do truely believe it's best not to question it and just believe in the plan and let it do it's thing.

Unless it gets to a point where you have no losses for a couple weeks in a row or a couple unexpected gains when following the plan to the letter. Maybe at that point it's time to consider other options but until then try to stop worrying about portion sizes if you are eating the right things it's all good.

Although compared to a lot of other diet plans slimming world does allow you a lot of food and freedom that doesn't mean dieting will be easy, we all find it difficult sometimes and it's just about finding the focus again. X

icklerockchick said:
Rant away it's what we are here for :)

I do truely believe it's best not to question it and just believe in the plan and let it do it's thing.

Unless it gets to a point where you have no losses for a couple weeks in a row or a couple unexpected gains when following the plan to the letter. Maybe at that point it's time to consider other options but until then try to stop worrying about portion sizes if you are eating the right things it's all good.

Although compared to a lot of other diet plans slimming world does allow you a lot of food and freedom that doesn't mean dieting will be easy, we all find it difficult sometimes and it's just about finding the focus again. X

Yeah Laura the focus has went. Over eating rubbish isn't helping but will keep starting each day afresh with the right choices....I was doing well for few weeks mentally with it all, writing it all down. JUst at the stage where its bugging me...I will get to the point where I am excited again...wise lady, thanks x

Hi ladies, sorry i've been so quiet, still training for my new job. Had another early morning and long day, tomorrow is the same. Friday and saturday i'll be working 4am-12pm at spoons.. So very early morning haha.

Eating has obviously taken an erratic turn until i can get into a routine but i am trying not to overeat, or stuff my face with loads of naughty things. So Kim, i think i will stay of the challenge for the moment until i have better structure so probably next week when i know i'll be able to do it.

Claire - i hate my tummy (as everyone seems to haha), i don't like my thighs or tops of arms.

I do like my eyes, hair and forearms/hands. Despite their smaller size (B cup) i'm growing fonder of my boobs.. Or the ladies as i call them xD

I Will never go to heaven as I've accidentally killed a mouse after trying to save it from the jaws of my cat! It ran under the dogs food bin & I wheeled it out to try & find it & it had climbed up into the wheel, so without realising it I crushed it by pulling out the food bin! Devastated! I even tried to resuscitate it by gently pushing on its chest! I've obviously lost my touch!

MidnightPrincess said:
Hi ladies, sorry i've been so quiet, still training for my new job. Had another early morning and long day, tomorrow is the same. Friday and saturday i'll be working 4am-12pm at spoons.. So very early morning haha.

Eating has obviously taken an erratic turn until i can get into a routine but i am trying not to overeat, or stuff my face with loads of naughty things. So Kim, i think i will stay of the challenge for the moment until i have better structure so probably next week when i know i'll be able to do it.

Claire - i hate my tummy (as everyone seems to haha), i don't like my thighs or tops of arms.

I do like my eyes, hair and forearms/hands. Despite their smaller size (B cup) i'm growing fonder of my boobs.. Or the ladies as i call them xD

No probs Claire, just concentrate on your new job & I'm sure it Will be easier for you when you get into a routine xx

debtin said:
Very sensible replies. Kim still don't know how to do multi quotes sorry. Yes lot of them say 1200 which isn't a lot...my very first week on sw I was 9st 2lb and I was having omelette with beans for breakfast, mug shot as a snack, huge lunch and dinner and I lost two pound. Now i have a fat free yogurt and fruit. Wonder if I have been over thinking it a bit much lately as its not meant to be this hard...I think about food all the time. I am so sorry that I am constantly up and down with sw and not knowing where my head is at. I hear myself, I am bored of my analyisng, my life is gettin boring with it. Walked around Asda today with no idea what I could buy....what i was allowed...the mental thinking was driving me crazy. I am up there ready to go for it then bang am down about it again. I just want to eat without the battle that goes on in my brain....god ladies its therapy I need not a forum. I do apologise as I am dragging myself down so god knows what I do to you lot when you see a post....is she crazy today or positive ha ha

Oh dear Deb what are we going to do with you! Try not to get yourself into a tiz about it as that might be part of the problem. If you really want to lose some more weight, give yourself a target weight & start from scratch. Write everything down on a daily sheet etc etc. Or are you happy at this weight & just want to tone? Only you can answer that & once you've decided, stick at it coz it Will work. Xx

kim63 said:
I Will never go to heaven as I've accidentally killed a mouse after trying to save it from the jaws of my cat! It ran under the dogs food bin & I wheeled it out to try & find it & it had climbed up into the wheel, so without realising it I crushed it by pulling out the food bin! Devastated! I even tried to resuscitate it by gently pushing on its chest! I've obviously lost my touch!

That really really made me laugh :) poor mouse!!

Morning
Ooh Kim you do make me laugh trying CPR on mouse I would be screaming and climbing on a chair :)

Wi this morn up 2 so 9.8 this is fine as still within target range (max is 9.10) and not been 100% for a few weeks and started exercise again. Funny though cause I definitely feel slimmer... Going to not wi now till 19 July that's 4 weeks cause its not about the numbers now but going stick to my new exercise routine loving walking and no sore knees like running :) should be able be 100% this week too as working sat and at a gala sat night.
Have a good day everyone x the rain's back :-( :-( xx

Awwww bless you, at least it was an accident. You had its best interests at heart.

Morning
Ooh Kim you do make me laugh trying CPR on mouse I would be screaming and climbing on a chair :)

Wi this morn up 2 so 9.8 this is fine as still within target range (max is 9.10) and not been 100% for a few weeks and started exercise again. Funny though cause I definitely feel slimmer... Going to not wi now till 19 July that's 4 weeks cause its not about the numbers now but going stick to my new exercise routine loving walking and no sore knees like running :) should be able be 100% this week too as working sat and at a gala sat night.
Have a good day everyone x the rain's back :-( :-( xx

Hope you have a good day too, I'm going to get soaked walking to school this morning :(
Wednesday 100% green, 2 hea, 2 heb and 8 syns

Oh dear Kim, the poor mouse :-( cant believe you tried to resuscitate it lol bless the little thing! Yesterday I was ...... 100% red - 1hexa, 2 HEXB, 14 syns, 30minute/2.5mile walk 160 calories burnt

:-( :-( I dot understand why my belly is still bloated and feels so sore and tender today :-(

Nikki<3 said:
:-( :-( I dot understand why my belly is still bloated and feels so sore and tender today :-(

It might be cause you've come off the pill ?? The pill is full of hormones and your body will have to adjust to them being reduced just a thought cause your food been good all week x

Forgot to post 100%
Wednesday EE 1x hexa 1x1/2 hexb 12syns

Yesterday was SF, 6 weeklies, 30 min skimble workout plus 6 week 6 pack.

Wow I can feel it today Definately got some aches and pains that weren't there before. Not going to do anything too hardcore today as going through to edinburgh tomorrow so probably involve lots of walking about and don't want to be in pain for that!! Going to see the Dalai Lama with my OH not really my thing but he was desperate to go so I bought him to tickets months ago. X

Morning girls

"I dont believe it", the bloomin cat brought in another mouse 10 minutes after the first one, that I killed, but this one was dead thank goodness as I couldn't live with the guilt of killing another one! Im a bit of a soft b****r when it comes to animals, they are both now safetly wrapped in their little shrouds......the dogs scented poop bags lol!!!

Not cycling today as did quite a hard session yesterday, so going to do JM level 1 today as still waiting for my 6 pack dvd. Then Im off on a little shopping trip to buy a new strapless bra as my others are too big! Hate the bloomin things as I dont get the correct support with them, but needs must, as I could never do without as I wear a 32E!
Quick question & a bit of advice......the dress I bought for the wedding in July has a lace top bit round the shoulders so, so do I wear a strapless bra or do I wear a bra the same colour, berry, & you see the straps......opinions please.

Ronnie, thats not a bad gain, especially as you've had quite a few Off Plan days & you've started exercising & you're still within your target range, so you need congratulating for maintaining so well! xx

Nikki, I agree with Ronnie, it might be coz you've come off the Pill & its your body's way of adjusting or it could be ovulation pains! You've probably not experienced them befor being on the Pill & they can be quite uncomfortable! Get to yout GP if it continues or worried, but I do suspect ovulation side effects xx

Last edited:
Yesterday was SF, 6 weeklies, 30 min skimble workout plus 6 week 6 pack.

Wow I can feel it today Definately got some aches and pains that weren't there before. Not going to do anything too hardcore today as going through to edinburgh tomorrow so probably involve lots of walking about and don't want to be in pain for that!! Going to see the Dalai Lama with my OH not really my thing but he was desperate to go so I bought him to tickets months ago. X

Haha, I know what you mean, you ache in places you thought never existed lol!
What do you do when you see the Dalai Lama????????? xx

Back