Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Just found this on a website about depression
Consider taking a chromium supplement. Some depression studies show that chromium picolinate reduces carbohydrate cravings, eases mood swings, and boosts energy. Supplementing with chromium picolinate is especially effective for people who tend to overeat and oversleep when depressed.

Has anyone tried it? I might try find some.
I was diagnosed with depression not so long ago and take tablets for it but reading through the website makes so much sense. It says when you are depressed you cannot see any good in yourself. Maybe thats whats happening with me. And you crave sugary foods and carbs to help yourself, I cant get enough of food even when Im not hungry. Im gunna try that suppliment I think.

Just a bit of advice before you take it........check with your GP/Pharmacist if its OK to take it with the Anti Depressant you're on, as some drugs contra-indication with other drugs/supplements x

Just a bit of advice before you take it........check with your GP/Pharmacist if its OK to take it with the Anti Depressant you're on, as some drugs contra-indication with other drugs/supplements x

I would if I could get into my doctors!! Rang on Monday and told them it was urgent as Ive been feeling worse and the first time I can seen is next Thursday!

I would if I could get into my doctors!! Rang on Monday and told them it was urgent as Ive been feeling worse and the first time I can seen is next Thursday!

Oh are you not on your anti depressants now? If not, why not try the Chromium on its own. Some supplements like the AD's can take a couple of weeks to kick in xx

Yesterday I'll admit....

OH took me for an Indian, I had a tomato based curry and some wine, I kept track of syns and worked out at about 40. So yesterday was...

EE day, 1HEXB and 40 syns. 40minute power walk and 100 sit ups.

I'm doing weekly syns this week as I have the wedding on Saturday too.

I was diagnosed with depression at the end of last year. It might not be the same for everyone but i actually found bring prescribed "anti-depressants" made me feel more depressed becaus it was like i was dependent on pills to be happy. Hated that feeling. So instead madr positive life choices which helped.

I would say taking a supplement that isn't called anything about depression would've made me feel better about it even just as a placebo effect.

Sorry this is quite a weird reply isn't it? Haha i'll shh now x

100% Challenge Week 10
​10.07.12

Kim 9st (-6lbs)
Tuesday -
Wednesday -

Vicky 9st 11lbs (-3lbs)
Tuesday -
Wednesday -

Donna 8st 13lbs (-2.5lbs)
Tuesday -
Wednesday -

Laura 9st 8lbs (-5.75lbs)
Tuesday -
Wednesday -

Nikki 9st 12.5lbs (-1.5lbs)
Tuesday -
Wednesday -

Pobel 9st 10lbs (-2lbs)
Tuesday -
Wednesday -

Claire 9st 12lbs
Tuesday -
Wednesday -

Have just done the template for Week 10 of the 100% Challenge as it will be easier to do it on my phone next week.......so just ignore it til next week!!!! x

Im on sleeping tablets for it at the moment, I took myself off the anti-depressants cos I didnt want to gain weight, I might try the suppliment.

Just put my food into my diary and I actually only had 9.5syns yesterday :)

Im on sleeping tablets for it at the moment, I took myself off the anti-depressants cos I didnt want to gain weight, I might try the suppliment.

Just put my food into my diary and I actually only had 9.5syns yesterday :)

If it makes you feel any better about taking AD's, the actual drug doesn't make you put on weight, the side effect of the drug can increase appetite, hence you can eat more & put on weight. But, if you are disciplined with SW, you should be able to curb any increase in appetite IF you have that particular side effect of the drug xx

Arghhh suffering from major hungry pangs!!

Morning Ladies

Vicky, it cant be 'fat gain' as Claire said as you haven't put on any weight for a start, in fact you've lost weight....you were 9st 11lbs at last WI! Im sure the SE will give you the boost physically & mentally that you need. Is it TOTM soon, as that can make you bloat? have you eaten too many carbs lately? When is the Prom? xx

Question about SE if anyone knows. Think I understand what its all about, but it says you can have 2 HexA's & 2 HexB's, but what HexB can you have, as the B choices are different on Green & Red plans, so can you have a B choice from any plan?
Think I might give it a go when I get back from my trip.

Well girls, this may be my last long chat on here for a while, as Im off on my travels from tomorrow. We're all meeting at our house in Taunton for a pasta meal & a brief & sort thru any last questions etc. Im making a Chocolate Banoffee Pie & Banoffee Muffins for the gang & NO I will not be partaking in the naughties. I have all my food prepped in boil in the bags, as the others will be living on ration packs that are worth about 5000 calories a day!!!
We're then off to Lands End on Saturday morning & my nephew is doing the first 4 hour leg from 2pm - 6pm, DH takes over from 6pm -10pm & so it continues in a continuous relay, til 72 hours later we arrive at John O'Grotes!!!
Its going to be incredibly exhausting, but all good fun, with very little sleep, no Jillian or cycling for me, but Im sure I will be burning plenty of calories jumping in & out of the motorhome supporting my boy! Will try my utmost hardest not to be tempted by any 'unhealthy' food & plan to do Red all week, as thought that would be the easiest & I can have 4 healthy extras to keep me going, as I'll probably end up having about 4 meals a day for the 3 days we're on the road as I'll be awake most of that time with cat naps, as there is 3 of us driving the motorhome in turns......eeeek, never driven one before!
Im sure I will be popping in most days from my phone, but may not have much chance to chat. Keep putting down your 100% Challenge meal plans, as I'll catch up with it when I can!

Hope you have a fantastic time, will be looking forward to hearing from you and what your up to

Just found this on a website about depression
Consider taking a chromium supplement. Some depression studies show that chromium picolinate reduces carbohydrate cravings, eases mood swings, and boosts energy. Supplementing with chromium picolinate is especially effective for people who tend to overeat and oversleep when depressed.

Has anyone tried it? I might try find some.
I was diagnosed with depression not so long ago and take tablets for it but reading through the website makes so much sense. It says when you are depressed you cannot see any good in yourself. Maybe thats whats happening with me. And you crave sugary foods and carbs to help yourself, I cant get enough of food even when Im not hungry. Im gunna try that suppliment I think.

It sounds like its worth a shot, especially since you can't get a doctors appointment anytime soon

I was diagnosed with depression at the end of last year. It might not be the same for everyone but i actually found bring prescribed "anti-depressants" made me feel more depressed becaus it was like i was dependent on pills to be happy. Hated that feeling. So instead madr positive life choices which helped.

I would say taking a supplement that isn't called anything about depression would've made me feel better about it even just as a placebo effect.

Sorry this is quite a weird reply isn't it? Haha i'll shh now x

I think that makes a lot of sense

Having a weird lunch today as we're due to go shopping and don't have much in at all. So think I'm just going to have ham, beetroot, cucumber, pickled onions and tomatoes.... I have some scan bran cake for today and some fruit left so if I'm still hungry I'll have to snack on those. Hate when we practically run out of food... then there's mug shots ect. as well in the cupboard, but trying to have more superfree things at the moment to counteract the upcoming trip to pizza hut :p

donna88 said:
scrap that looked in the fridge and boyfriends eaten all the ham, will have to be a tin of mackerel instead then. Ahh well

How annoying is it when they eat food they arnt meant to lol. I do the food shop specifically to my weekly menu n my oh used to eat stuff for the meals lol. He has stopped now tho thankfully :)

I've just been to tesco on my lunch and they do tesco goodness BBQ chicken bites (35g) they are yummy!!! But I can't find the syn value!!! Does anyone know? Thanks ladies

I've just been to tesco on my lunch and they do tesco goodness BBQ chicken bites (35g) they are yummy!!! But I can't find the syn value!!! Does anyone know? Thanks ladies

Is it any of these???

Hot & Spicy Chicken Bites, chilled, 110g pack 1½
Hot & Spicy Chicken, 4 pack, frozen, 95g each 7½
Hot & Spicy Chicken Mini Fillets, 305g pack, chilled, 100g 4½
Barbecue Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings, 500g pack, chilled, 100g 6
Hot & Spicy Chicken Breast Fillets, twin pack, chilled, 173g each 5½
Barbecue Hot & Spicy Chicken Drumsticks, 700g pack, chilled, 100g 2
Roast Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings, Ready to Eat, 554g pack, chilled, 100g 5
Hot & Spicy Chunky Chicken Pieces, Ready to Eat, 200g pack, chilled, 100g

How annoying is it when they eat food they arnt meant to lol. I do the food shop specifically to my weekly menu n my oh used to eat stuff for the meals lol. He has stopped now tho thankfully :)

he very rarely does it but its a nightmare when he does. once i had quiche and he ate it, i disnt realise until i went to get it and it wasnt there. woulsnt mind if he told me so i can change my plan rather then panicing about what im going to do lol

sorry dont know and on my phone so not much use. they sound yummy though.

decided to come visit my nanna today instead of tomorrow and shes at the hairdresses whoops. got to wait here on my own with little one for half an hr before going to pick her up!

kim63 said:
Is it any of these???

Hot & Spicy Chicken Bites, chilled, 110g pack 1½
Hot & Spicy Chicken, 4 pack, frozen, 95g each 7½
Hot & Spicy Chicken Mini Fillets, 305g pack, chilled, 100g 4½
Barbecue Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings, 500g pack, chilled, 100g 6
Hot & Spicy Chicken Breast Fillets, twin pack, chilled, 173g each 5½
Barbecue Hot & Spicy Chicken Drumsticks, 700g pack, chilled, 100g 2
Roast Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings, Ready to Eat, 554g pack, chilled, 100g 5
Hot & Spicy Chunky Chicken Pieces, Ready to Eat, 200g pack, chilled, 100g

Thanks Kim but it isn't on that list. It's a 35g bag.

After a long 2 years of dieting and a lot of thinking about it. I'm calling target 9st 12.5.

Yes I would like to be 9st but I have realised that 9st 12.5 is definitely maintainable and I know how to maintain :)

X

Well done Nikki. How do you feel about it now??

Oh as well ive had a discovery with the mirror upstairs. My OH cme down last night and said he feels horrible when he looks in the mirror upstairs so we have decided its defo the mirror!

Back