Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

wish WI was sooner, Still got an hour before I can start getting ready to leave and I'm bored.... really tired today as well. Will be nice to get out of the house though as I haven't been out today at all

Vicky, if you remember when I first started cycling I put on a few pounds initially & then it started coming off. So, I know its disheartening, but try & 'keep the faith'! x
You must be due a loss Donna, if not try & have a word with your Cons & see what she can advice. Im going to pop over to your diary & have a looksie, to say if I can offer any words of wisdom! x

Well done Meesyeater, you're doing really well considering you haven't a lot to lose x

Donna, I've just had a look back over the last 3/4 weeks of your diary & the only thing that could be possibly causing the gains.......in my humble opinion.......is that you've been having a lot of Green/EE days with quite a lot of potatoes/carbs, sometimes twice/three times a day.You appear to be following SW to the letter, but maybe because you're virtually at target, you need to cut down on the carbs a little bit & do some more Red days or cut down on the carbs when following Green/EE if thats fits in with your family etc. Also, how big are your portions? I know we dont count calories, but because you're lighter, you dont necessarily need so many calories with 2/3 biggish meals during the day.....Im being hyper-critical! Im also a big fan on the amount we can eat on SW, but because you're a lot lighter now & not burning huge amount of calories with exercise (no offense meant!), maybe the carbs are just not suiting you as much anymore.....eg

EE

Breakfast -apple, banana, strawberries, grapes, kiwi and yogurt
Lunch - Steak with jacket, pea's, tomatoes and mushrooms
Tea - Jacket with tuna, beans, cheese and salad (HEA)
Snacks - yoyo bear and 1 hifi light (HEB) minstrels (10.5 syns) fruit

Eg.
Green again

Breakfast - rice pudding with apple, banana and kiwi
Lunch - jacket potato with mushy pea curry
Tea - meat free burgers (1 syn) in pitta (HEB) with burger cheese (HEA) chips and salad
Snacks - syn free pancakes with chocolate philli (6 syns) and berries, hifi (HEB) fruit, chocolate biscuit (4.5)

Just 2 examples & Ive highlighted the 'heavier' carbs.
Thats really the only thing I can think of Donna ..........maybe try cutting down your carbs,???? looking at your portion control & introducing exercise xx

Last edited:
Thanks Kim, well luckily I lost 1 and a half this week. So happy with that.

But yeah I do see your point, my portions are quite big, but they always have been and I do snack a lot, but again always have. However, the carbs thing could be an issue as I haven't always had so many. To be honest normally I would be careful about having rice twice in a day or potatoes twice a day but I haven't been watching that lately, its been harder these past few weeks with us all being off school, but I'll def keep an eye on it this week and see if it makes more of a difference. I tried lemon in drinks this week, only had it from Thursday but been having at least half a lemon a day so wonder if that has helped me loose.

So goals for me this week are watching the carbs and also more lemon. Thanks again for taking a look

donna88 said:
Thanks Kim, well luckily I lost 1 and a half this week. So happy with that.

But yeah I do see your point, my portions are quite big, but they always have been and I do snack a lot, but again always have. However, the carbs thing could be an issue as I haven't always had so many. To be honest normally I would be careful about having rice twice in a day or potatoes twice a day but I haven't been watching that lately, its been harder these past few weeks with us all being off school, but I'll def keep an eye on it this week and see if it makes more of a difference. I tried lemon in drinks this week, only had it from Thursday but been having at least half a lemon a day so wonder if that has helped me loose.

So goals for me this week are watching the carbs and also more lemon. Thanks again for taking a look

Well done Donna.....I must admit I think lemon worked for me. I have lost weight three weeks in row am sure. Haven't had as many lemons this week but will try to fit more in. Been lazy this week with my eating and although I shouldn't I am contemplating not weighing on Friday but reckon I should because it will prob spur me on.
Think I had four or five lemon last week and hardly any this week..must try harder lol

messyeater said:
1lb off for me today, amazing since I had two quite heavy nights out (drinking not eating)...coping really well with the food side of things, eating loads of good stuff and not even tempted by any bad food, but the drinking is really hard going since all my friends are at it on a nightly basis. Anyway loving slimming world and will be rewarding myself with a new bikini today :)

Hope everyone else is having a good week, I'm trying to keep up with the thread but have guests at the moment and for the next couple of weeks so forgive me if I don't manage it.

Have a lovely week girls :)

Well done....that's brilliant. Enjoy your guests x

How was your night shift Kim? That was good advice you gave Donna x

Vicky I agree, its prob to do with excercise. Are you drinking water? Don't get down about it as you are doing great x

Well done Donna.....I must admit I think lemon worked for me. I have lost weight three weeks in row am sure. Haven't had as many lemons this week but will try to fit more in. Been lazy this week with my eating and although I shouldn't I am contemplating not weighing on Friday but reckon I should because it will prob spur me on.
Think I had four or five lemon last week and hardly any this week..must try harder lol

Well going to keep it up this week, I'd love another 1 and a half loss this week, but doubt I'll get it as it is a lot for me, that would take me to 8 stone 13.... I have a night out the following week so would be happy to maintain

Well done Donna that's a great loss & appreciate its a lot more difficult with the food intake being at home as I found out being off all that time. I'm probably going opposite way being at work & doing shifts as I end up eating at odd times sometimes & not always a meal! Good luck with cutting back on the carbs x

How much water are you drinking Vicky as yes drinking too much isn't good for you either! X

Welcome to the 9's Becky

First night fine thanks Deb, but never sleep that well on first days sleep but gets better as the week goes on. Had a Drs appoint this morning so didn't get to bed til 12 & then awake at 4!
Must try some lemons! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Urm a lot. I drink a pint on a morning when I get up and a pint with every meal. I also fill my bottle up about 4 times during the day which is a litre and drink a pint if I'm doing exercise. Could that be too much? What happens if you drink too much water???

Well done on the loss Donna :

Urm a lot. I drink a pint on a morning when I get up and a pint with every meal. I also fill my bottle up about 4 times during the day which is a litre and drink a pint if I'm doing exercise. Could that be too much? What happens if you drink too much water???

Well done on the loss Donna :

That is quite a lot of water! Do you have tea & coffee on top of that as well? Why do you actually drink that much?
Too much water can result in flushing sodium/electrolytes out of the cells & is essentially a poison, but Im not sure how much you would need to consume for that to happen tho!
Drinking plenty is essential, but you dont need to go overboard & also you must spend most of your time on the loo! x

Not so good on the sleep front Kim but fingers crossed today is better.
I have been scale ihopping this week, think I can't believe I weighed so light last week that its makin me want to make sure.. in a way its egging me on...but i know its wrong. Ate few bad things so need try claw it back for Friday, and basically find the discipline.
Have good day everyone x

debtin said:
Not so good on the sleep front Kim but fingers crossed today is better.
I have been scale ihopping this week, think I can't believe I weighed so light last week that its makin me want to make sure.. in a way its egging me on...but i know its wrong. Ate few bad things so need try claw it back for Friday, and basically find the discipline.
Have good day everyone x

Stop doubting yourself Deb as you're obviously doing something right & in my opinion if you deny yourself what you want sometimes it can be a recipe for disaster!

I jumped on the scales yesterday which is unheard of for me as you know how much I hate weighing myself & was pleased I'm on a downward trend again after my glorious indulgent week! X

kim63 said:
Stop doubting yourself Deb as you're obviously doing something right & in my opinion if you deny yourself what you want sometimes it can be a recipe for disaster!

I jumped on the scales yesterday which is unheard of for me as you know how much I hate weighing myself & was pleased I'm on a downward trend again after my glorious indulgent week! X

That is a new thing for you Kim...I find myself doing it but its amazing how much it can go up or down after one day. When it shows higher, like today, I find it helps me to up the water etc and make effort to be good. I feel better about myself so not concerned. I find being relaxed about it all is really helping me x

I ihop everyday :) I'm just interested in the numbers. Think it's a maths thing for me lol.

I don't drink tea or coffee just water n dilute. Might they cutting down and see if that helps. Maybe just have my pint with meals and when I exercise x

Afternoon :)

Not been around much because I used all my Internet on my phone oops! So it mega slow now until my bill date.

I'm feeling soooo happy right :) been calorie counting and been back in the gym. Scaled are going up and down by 1lb but that's hopefully from restarting exercise. Amazing how much slimmer I feel though, flatter belly, skinner thighs and more energy.

OH birthday this weekend so we are out on Friday night and then having a BBQ Sunday. I'm tryin to not eat my exercise cals back so I have a bit more leeway.

When I weighed in at the gym last week I was 9st 13, this was after a rather big night out and my body was 23% so I'm working down to 19% and 9st. Hopin the weather stays nice to keep me motivated!

Xx

Back