Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Well done to you both Laura and GA on your sts. You both must have made some healthy choices to limit the damage. I bet you'll have a good loss next week Laura if its your *week and you sts!

Is hubby having a Lumbar puncture GA? If so, its not too bad as I've had one myself. Not the most comfortable of proceedures, but he obviously needs it. Hope all goes well with his pre op assessment

Hi Kim!

Found out today what's entailed in hubby's op.
It's not a lumbar puncture. The doc described it as a cranial bore!

Keyhole surgery on his head. Once the hole in his head is deep enough, they'll take a sample of the fluid surrounding his brain. He had meningitis as a baby but was never fitted with a shunt. Even though it was available at the time. It's taken all this time to start causing real problems.

He'll be kept in hospital for two or three nights. Depending on what is found, he may need a further operation.

Trying not to think about it too much. Just want to enjoy our hols in Menorca!

It's very strange because I've never had problems with weight gain on the pill and I've been on it 10 years now! I suppose everyone is different aren't they.

So here are the cakes I made today!

Oh and a cute picture of Millie!!

Attachments

• image-1047320561.jpg
    image-1047320561.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3214662581.jpg
    image-3214662581.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2522786948.jpg
    image-2522786948.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 57
It's very strange because I've never had problems with weight gain on the pill and I've been on it 10 years now! I suppose everyone is different aren't they.

wow nikki cakes look amazing!!! millie is a little beauty. how old is she now?
i never ever thought i had any weight problems on the pill..its only because i have lost weight since been off it that i am thinking that is the reason. i am running and eating better so could never be sure its all down to coming off the pill. in fact when i think about it i got down to 8st 3lb last year and i was on the pill. am going back on it and will keep an eye on my weight x

Hi Kim!

Keyhole surgery on his head. Once the hole in his head is deep enough, they'll take a sample of the fluid surrounding his brain. He had meningitis as a baby but was never fitted with a shunt. Even though it was available at the time. It's taken all this time to start causing real problems.

He'll be kept in hospital for two or three nights. Depending on what is found, he may need a further operation.

hi hope hubby is ok and your right to try not to worry, you both need to relax on holiday. how are you?

I'm on the pill Deb, but I have a friend who's been on the implant for 6 years now and she loves it, she had problems gaining weight with the pill but says she's okay on that. Like you say all contraception say you can gain weight on them, my personal view is that you just need to be careful what you eat as they can increase your appetite, but as long as you stick to plan then you should be okay. I honestly think the only reason I gained a bit of weight on the pill is my boobs as they're noticeably fuller. My appetite was massive on the injection, but I lost all my weight while on that.

Well done on the STS

I will be careful with my knee, if it plays up tomorrow I won't do the race on Sunday, even come Sunday I'll be careful and if its giving me hassle I'll walk it or even give in.

Have fun on your hol and don't worry about gaining, at least you managed a STS this time :) well done on that, also try not to worry about husbands operation as well, I'm sure its nothing to worry about but you can do your worrying when your back if you have to. Hope it all goes well for him though

i knew you had changed to pill and had boob issues lol. i just didn't know if the implant affected your weight though you said you lost weight on it. not sure the coil is for me either...sounds sore.
two more sleeps donna lol

did it again....ate bag ruffles. what's going on. combined with four beers i had approx 1200 calories in junk!! about 1000 on food. i am not counting calories but worked it out roughly to gain some perspective. i would be ok IF i didn't have a night out tonight. feel yucky yucky

Kim this got me thinking about your question if my food had changed much. i already explained but a few months ago i would have eaten the crisps then felt guilty but would probably have eaten more junk the next day. thats twice i have now had a binge in so many weeks but i know it makes me feel horrible so i try to be extra good the days after..plus twice in 8-9 weeks is better than every weekend x

wow nikki cakes look amazing!!! millie is a little beauty. how old is she now?
i never ever thought i had any weight problems on the pill..its only because i have lost weight since been off it that i am thinking that is the reason. i am running and eating better so could never be sure its all down to coming off the pill. in fact when i think about it i got down to 8st 3lb last year and i was on the pill. am going back on it and will keep an eye on my weight x

Thanks hun. She is 12 weeks today!! I can't believe how fast time goes. X

Cakes look almost as gorgeous as Millie Nikki :) She is beautiful and they look yummy.

i knew you had changed to pill and had boob issues lol. i just didn't know if the implant affected your weight though you said you lost weight on it. not sure the coil is for me either...sounds sore.
two more sleeps donna lol

Ahh no I wasn't on the implant, I was on the injection. I was fine on that but had it for four years and decided to come off because of my bones, it can cause osteoporosis which my Nanna has (and which can run in the family) plus my vit D levels were very low (which is also related to osteoporosis) AND its common in runners, I don't want to stop running, I wouldn't change my Nanna even if I could so decided to try and stop my chances of getting it I'd come off the injection and start taking VitD tablets.

But each contraception has its ups and downs, suppose you just have to work out which is best for you.

I think you'll be fine back on the pill, just try and keep an eye on what your eating, if you get hungrier have bigger portions during meal times and snack on free food.

did it again....ate bag ruffles. what's going on. combined with four beers i had approx 1200 calories in junk!! about 1000 on food. i am not counting calories but worked it out roughly to gain some perspective. i would be ok IF i didn't have a night out tonight. feel yucky yucky

Kim this got me thinking about your question if my food had changed much. i already explained but a few months ago i would have eaten the crisps then felt guilty but would probably have eaten more junk the next day. thats twice i have now had a binge in so many weeks but i know it makes me feel horrible so i try to be extra good the days after..plus twice in 8-9 weeks is better than every weekend x

Try not to beat yourself up about it as I think that may have been how you got into the cycle before of binging, beating yourself up and binging again. Enjoy your night out and be good the rest of the week, if you gain this week just concentrate on losing it next week.

And I know-I thought 2 more sleeps as soon as I woke up, hehe I'm so sad

Wow those cakes look amazing........do tell how you made it

[QUOTE=Nikki
Nikki those cakes are fabaroonie, very clever.....you are Mary Berry in the making! Cant believe how alert and bright Millie looks for such a young age, she's so incredibly cute as well x

guys i have a gammon joint...can you share any ideas you have?

normally i boil it then glaze it with wholegrain mustard then put in the oven until its nice and soft.

any suggestions?

Hi Kim!

Im sure it will be on your mind, but if its something that needs doing thats the most important thing, so just put it to the back of your minds if you can and enjoy your hols

For a start you havent had a binge! There is nothing wrong in having 4 beers and a big bag of crisps is there??? So stop with the guilt feelings! You probabaly feel yucky cos your body's not used to the fat. Just enjoy yourself tonight and try and make good choices tomorrow if you're suffering! :eek:

guys i have a gammon joint...can you share any ideas you have?

normally i boil it then glaze it with wholegrain mustard then put in the oven until its nice and soft.

any suggestions?

Gammon goes lovely with creamed leeks, but I instead of cream use Light Phili x

hi hope hubby is ok and your right to try not to worry, you both need to relax on holiday. how are you?

Hi Deb

Thanks to you & everyone else for the reassurance. We're gonna enjoy our week away. Flight from Stansted at 5.30 so will be going soon for our 3.30 check in!

I'm fine apart from getting frazzled making sure we don't forget anything!

Omg today's wi 11st 6!! On the 17th July I was 12st 2lb so think I've done pretty well!

Mmm those cakes look amazing Nikki yum! Did you try a bit of each? Would be rude not to ;-)

Deb I agree with the others don't fret. Its not even really a "binge" normal people have a couple drinks and big bag of crisps all the time! I don't even count points/syns/calories in alcohol anyway I gave that up ages ago haha as realised it didn't seem to affect my losses unless it was accompanied by a hungover binge fest!

Finished work for today and OH is out so going to chill with some DVDs :) meant to be going to a party later but TOTM first few days always has me feeling horrible - headaches, cramps and feeling sick so think I will just stay in.

My bank balance would be happy with that anyway as I just bought new north face hiking boots for my caravan holiday (on offer of course haha 40 instead of 100quid) and paid the hotel for my friends wedding.

Quite looking forward to wee weeks holiday now. We will go away for a few days to the caravan (depends what day I end up working until as holiday officially starts on the Sunday but the manager will sometimes give you the Saturday off too if its possible to) and then the Friday and Saturday night we have booked a heated wigwam thing up near Fort William :) sounds fun! X

Hi Deb

Thanks to you & everyone else for the reassurance. We're gonna enjoy our week away. Flight from Stansted at 5.30 so will be going soon for our 3.30 check in!

I'm fine apart from getting frazzled making sure we don't forget anything!
Is that 03.30?! No point in going to bed! Lists and more lists and you wont forget anything lol! Have a great time :D

[QUOTE=Nikki
Yay! Looks as tho you're in for a good loss this week then if you can resist thise lovely cakes and dont over indulge too much at your fellas party! Have a great time tho :D

what kind phili Kim?
Just plain Light Phili and you can use it as a Hex A or B

Mmm those cakes look amazing Nikki yum! Did you try a bit of each? Would be rude not to ;-)

Deb I agree with the others don't fret. Its not even really a "binge" normal people have a couple drinks and big bag of crisps all the time! I don't even count points/syns/calories in alcohol anyway I gave that up ages ago haha as realised it didn't seem to affect my losses unless it was accompanied by a hungover binge fest!

Finished work for today and OH is out so going to chill with some DVDs :) meant to be going to a party later but TOTM first few days always has me feeling horrible - headaches, cramps and feeling sick so think I will just stay in.

My bank balance would be happy with that anyway as I just bought new north face hiking boots for my caravan holiday (on offer of course haha 40 instead of 100quid) and paid the hotel for my friends wedding.

Quite looking forward to wee weeks holiday now. We will go away for a few days to the caravan (depends what day I end up working until as holiday officially starts on the Sunday but the manager will sometimes give you the Saturday off too if its possible to) and then the Friday and Saturday night we have booked a heated wigwam thing up near Fort William :) sounds fun! X
When are you off on your jolly hols as sounds a lot of fun and hope the weather is kind to you. Have a lovely evening in and enjoy your movies. Have you seen Roswell on Netflix? Im on series 2 and loving it

Back