Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

forgot to say that for the past three days the scales are down..sods law that they will change by tom lol

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Deb

Yeah we can't wait, these next few days are a bit rubbish actually, no plans so hoping they won't drag. Planning on doing loads of housework and trying to finish my game of thrones book before we go, so keeping busy with those things. Bring on Monday

forgot to say that for the past three days the scales are down..sods law that they will change by tom lol

Haha I know what you mean! I also find if I feels its not going to be a good WI, I always seem to have a good one and then the opposite, but try to look at it over the month.
Instead of going out doing x amount of miles, why dont you go out for a certain time......30/45/60 min run, or like you say you can get a bit obsessed amount the mileage which isnt really important, its the actual time on your legs thats important at this stage of your running x

Yeah we can't wait, these next few days are a bit rubbish actually, no plans so hoping they won't drag. Planning on doing loads of housework and trying to finish my game of thrones book before we go, so keeping busy with those things. Bring on Monday

I always like those few days before a holiday, cos I have lists everwhere and love the organising!

Will you be having a final WI Donna before you go or is that you finished on this Challenge? x

it will fly by donna - has wee one been on a plane before?

I'll weigh at my mums this weekend, although her scales weigh my heavier (it does still just give me an idea of how I'm doing though) and will try and get to a Monday morning WI the day we go, but it depends how busy we are (and to be honest if I can be bothered) so not sure on end of the challenge yet, I'm planning on sticking to plan the rest of this week though until we get to the airport :)

Haha I know what you mean! I also find if I feels its not going to be a good WI, I always seem to have a good one and then the opposite, but try to look at it over the month.
Instead of going out doing x amount of miles, why dont you go out for a certain time......30/45/60 min run, or like you say you can get a bit obsessed amount the mileage which isnt really important, its the actual time on your legs thats important at this stage of your running x

Kim if the scales stay the same i will be in utter complete shock. Wont be holding my breath or be expecting anything - i feel good so i just need to continue to feel good. I htink thats what i will be doing - giving myself a 30 minute run next time which is still average at 3 miles but it will take the focus off x

I'll weigh at my mums this weekend, although her scales weigh my heavier (it does still just give me an idea of how I'm doing though) and will try and get to a Monday morning WI the day we go, but it depends how busy we are (and to be honest if I can be bothered) so not sure on end of the challenge yet, I'm planning on sticking to plan the rest of this week though until we get to the airport :)
Dont you worry about the Challenge, once you get back off your hols you can concentrate on your weight then. Just go and have a fab time x

Kim if the scales stay the same i will be in utter complete shock. Wont be holding my breath or be expecting anything - i feel good so i just need to continue to feel good. I htink thats what i will be doing - giving myself a 30 minute run next time which is still average at 3 miles but it will take the focus off x
Now Im intrigued......what did the scales say? Dont think 1 day would make that much difference unless you have a complete blowout tonight lol!
Thats much better keeping to a time rather than mileage, cos you would be putting too much pressure on yourself to complete distance rather than time x

Dont you worry about the Challenge, once you get back off your hols you can concentrate on your weight then. Just go and have a fab time x

Now Im intrigued......what did the scales say? Dont think 1 day would make that much difference unless you have a complete blowout tonight lol!
Thats much better keeping to a time rather than mileage, cos you would be putting too much pressure on yourself to complete distance rather than time x

2lb loss taking me to 8st 1lb..yikes

Charlie is not impressed that this young cow is trying to make friends with her lol!

Attachments

• 1375974714285.jpg
    1375974714285.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 67
Have just made these jars of Sweet Chilli Jam at a billy bargain of 6. 86 as got a load of red chilli's for a pound and the 9 red peppers for 3 quid

Attachments

• 1375975356059.jpg
    1375975356059.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 60
Hey ladies sorry been rather absent all week. Was a bit worried about job stuff over the weekend with work stuff (was asked to move to another shop and do another position that I really didn't want to do) bit annoying that was Friday its now Thursday evening and still not been able to have a chat with my boss about it other than me texting her on Sunday to say that I definitely didn't want the job!!

Ate a load of junk at the weekend was moping about feeling sorry for myself, silly silly!! Rest of the week has been mostly on plan foodwise but with no exercise. Did have one meal out and cocktails before going to see rocky horror on Tuesday night too.

Will accept whatever gain tomorrow and get back on track!

Sorry to hear that Kim you are indeed a determined lady, sure you will do well and not have a big gain this time around. Xx

Hey ladies sorry been rather absent all week. Was a bit worried about job stuff over the weekend with work stuff (was asked to move to another shop and do another position that I really didn't want to do) bit annoying that was Friday its now Thursday evening and still not been able to have a chat with my boss about it other than me texting her on Sunday to say that I definitely didn't want the job!!

Ate a load of junk at the weekend was moping about feeling sorry for myself, silly silly!! Rest of the week has been mostly on plan foodwise but with no exercise. Did have one meal out and cocktails before going to see rocky horror on Tuesday night too.

Will accept whatever gain tomorrow and get back on track!

Sorry to hear that Kim you are indeed a determined lady, sure you will do well and not have a big gain this time around. Xx

Cant believe its not all sorted and what is your manager playing at, she obviously has no idea how to manage! Surely staff morale should be top of the list! With your qualifications Laura, woukd you not want to do anything else and why arent they utilising someone like you?
Wouldnt worry too much if you do have a gain tomorrow as you always get back in track.
Ha! Im determined not to have any gain Laura, unless something untoward happens and the only gain I will have will be holiday gain and that doesn't count lol!

Hi Ladies :)

Kim that jam looks yummy and bless Charlie, the moo cow only wants to be friends!

Thats sucks Laura, hope your manager finally pulls her finger out and gets it sorted for you.

Well I have finally just about finished writing my personal statement for my uni application! I am so desperate to get on this nursing course, I have never wanted anything so bad! I am applying to start in September 2014 with the hope that they add an additional intake in January or March 2014 like they have done every year! If they dont then I would hope to get a fair bit of money saved up for us by September so we can relax a bit on the money front!

Anyway, weight wise..... down by 1.5lb today compared to WI morning! I'm trying damage limitation in the form of WW for a couple of days before Saturday as i'm sure i'll have a bit more than I anticipate. Tomorrow is cake baking day and my OH wants a caramac cake but with red velvet cake!! So i'm doing red velvet with vanilla buttercream with chocolate fingers all around the edge and then caramac pieces sticking out the top! I'm also doing a M&M cake for my sisters work for a girl who is leaving so all in all a very busy couple of days and rather looking forward to movie day on Sunday!

What about the teaching course Nikki, have you decided against that now? Hats off to you going into Midwifery, its a tough course, but if its what you want to do, go for it.

What is a red velvet cake? Wow, am liking the sound of a Caramac cake, I havent had Caramac for years! I love baking, which was my downfall last time I put on weight, so not going there again, but as long as you can resist your baking Nikki, good on you for doing all those cakes......post some pics when you've made them as would to see what you've made x

Oooo the cakes sound gorgeous Nikki, I love baking too-but again not very good for my waistline haha. I do like to bake for special occasions though.

Run went well, we only did 4 miles, my knee did feel weird but I'm not sure if that's just because I was thinking about it. I need to see how it is in the morning really though as Monday I didn't notice it straight after my workout but a good few hours after. If I have no problems with my knee tomorrow then I have a 10 mile race on Sunday, although I'll be doing more, we're going to run an extra mile before the race as a warm up and then after either fit another mile in the end or run back to meet people who haven't finished yet and then run back with them, so not sure how far we'll end up running.

I'm craving chocolate and know I have some white chocolate lions in, I've already had 8.5 syns today though (should have only been 6 as had choc philli but just made some pancakes to try and get my mind off the chocolate and drizzled a little golden syrup on)

What about the teaching course Nikki, have you decided against that now? Hats off to you going into Midwifery, its a tough course, but if its what you want to do, go for it.

What is a red velvet cake? Wow, am liking the sound of a Caramac cake, I havent had Caramac for years! I love baking, which was my downfall last time I put on weight, so not going there again, but as long as you can resist your baking Nikki, good on you for doing all those cakes......post some pics when you've made them as would to see what you've made x

I'm still doing my Open Uni course. I'm just going to take a break from it for a couple of years and pick it up after. Obviously if I don't get on this course ill continue the ou one until I am successful. I think I'm going to do nursing and then do the child nursing branch, go into neonatal and then a conversion course to midwifery. I've been reading so much literature on it for the last couple of months!

This was the pig in mud cake I made the day I was in labour haha I made 2 for different birthdays and somebody ruined this one with massive candles!!! My little pigs took ages to do!

Attachments

• image-1221927343.jpg
    image-1221927343.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 57
Am loving the cake....you're very talented.

I didn't realise you were interested in nursing! Dont you have to do a year on a ward as an HCA before you start your training?

Am loving the cake....you're very talented.

I didn't realise you were interested in nursing! Dont you have to do a year on a ward as an HCA before you start your training?

Nope you don't have to have any experience at all. My friend had no GCSEs, no previous experience and had had 1 admin job for the PCT and is now a qualified oncology nurse. I think past experience puts you in good stead but its so hard to get work experience because of CRB checks and stuff x

Back