Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

nikki am not a big cake lover but yours sure do look and sound amazing!!! talented or what!!

Hey ladies sorry been rather absent all week. Was a bit worried about job stuff over the weekend with work stuff (was asked to move to another shop and do another position that I really didn't want to do) bit annoying that was Friday its now Thursday evening and still not been able to have a chat with my boss about it other than me texting her on Sunday to say that I definitely didn't want the job!!

Ate a load of junk at the weekend was moping about feeling sorry for myself, silly silly!! Rest of the week has been mostly on plan foodwise but with no exercise. Did have one meal out and cocktails before going to see rocky horror on Tuesday night too.

Will accept whatever gain tomorrow and get back on track!

Sorry to hear that Kim you are indeed a determined lady, sure you will do well and not have a big gain this time around. Xx

rubbish!! listen forget the bad food as Kim says you do so well with it that it won't be a problem. did they ask if you would like to move or tell you?
how's little baby doing?

Oooo the cakes sound gorgeous Nikki, I love baking too-but again not very good for my waistline haha. I do like to bake for special occasions though.

Run went well, we only did 4 miles, my knee did feel weird but I'm not sure if that's just because I was thinking about it. I need to see how it is in the morning really though as Monday I didn't notice it straight after my workout but a good few hours after. If I have no problems with my knee tomorrow then I have a 10 mile race on Sunday, although I'll be doing more, we're going to run an extra mile before the race as a warm up and then after either fit another mile in the end or run back to meet people who haven't finished yet and then run back with them, so not sure how far we'll end up running.

I'm craving chocolate and know I have some white chocolate lions in, I've already had 8.5 syns today though (should have only been 6 as had choc philli but just made some pancakes to try and get my mind off the chocolate and drizzled a little golden syrup on)

cant cope that you do one mile as warm up lol. i am getting back into my running attempts. my arms have changed so much that loads folk have commented and its only running i have been doing. did you notice the change?
take it easy with your knee..count down for your holiday is on!!

Morning all. Happy with WI today.....0.75lbs off. Slowly but surely, but cant expect too much more as not as active as I would like and dont think painkillers are conducive to weight loss lol!

Have you weighed in this morning Deb? Good luck and hope its the 2lb loss you saw yesterday. Laura, hope your WI isnt too bad x

scales showing 1.75lb loss. means i am 1.25 from target. love it....plus haven't been loo for couple days so technically i would say its 2lb loss lol
no idea how it happened as i felt that with my night out, plus other factors from the previous week i was looking at either gain or sts. the running must be helping as a whole but so surprised as apart from when period was due i have sts or lossed. i am so worried that going back on the pill is going to set me back. due to start it soon too. anyone know or had weight gain experiences on the pill? was goin to try coil but my friend said it was torture getting hers. so much so it got taken out soon after.
surely though three months off it would not be the reason or sole reason for me to be still losing? not complaining but don't want to put so much effort in then pill ruins it

four weeks to reach target. excited though of course i will aim to get under 8st so that i have room for holiday pounds lol

scales showing 1.75lb loss. means i am 1.25 from target. love it....plus haven't been loo for couple days so technically i would say its 2lb loss lol
no idea how it happened as i felt that with my night out, plus other factors from the previous week i was looking at either gain or sts. the running must be helping as a whole but so surprised as apart from when period was due i have sts or lossed. i am so worried that going back on the pill is going to set me back. due to start it soon too. anyone know or had weight gain experiences on the pill? was goin to try coil but my friend said it was torture getting hers. so much so it got taken out soon after.
surely though three months off it would not be the reason or sole reason for me to be still losing? not complaining but don't want to put so much effort in then pill ruins it

four weeks to reach target. excited though of course i will aim to get under 8st so that i have room for holiday pounds lol

Yay, well done you! It does seem quite coincidental that you were struggling to lose and then you come off the pill 3 months ago and you've lost consistently for the last 9 weeks! They do say that going on the pill can make you gain weight, so it could mean the opposite when you come off it. I know your friend had a bad experience of the coil but there are thousands out there that get on with it fine. Why not give it a go and if it doesnt suit, you can always have it removed!

SUMMER BIKINI BOD CHALLENGE
Started Monday June 10th

Jo (Wednesday ) - Start weight 9st 10lbs Goal weight 9st in 5 weeks
Wk 1: -0.5lb Wk 2: -0.5lb, Wk3: +2lbs, Wk 4: -1lb, Wk 5: -1lb, Wk 6: -2lbs, Wk 7: -0.5lbs, Wk 8: +1lb, Wk 9: -1.5lbs

Ronnie (Monthly) - Start weight 10st 3lbs Goal weight 9st 10lbs in 6 weeks
July: -2.25lbs, August:

Vicky (Saturday) - Start weight 10st 6lbs Goal weight 9st 11lbs in 8 weeks
Wk 1: +2.75lbs, Wk 2: -3.5lbs, Wk 3: -1lb, Wk 4: -1lb, Wk 5: -3lbs, Wk 6: No WI, Wk 7:-0.5lbs, Wk 8: sts
Total weight loss - 6.25lbs
Weight - 9st 13.75lbs

Laura (Friday) - Start weight 9st 4lbs Goal weight 9st in ? weeks
Wk1: -0.25lbs, Wk 2: -0.75lbs, Wk 3: +4lbs, Wk 4: -3.5lbs, Wk 5: sts, Wk 6: -0.5lbs, Wk 7: sts, Wk 8: -0.5lbs, Wk 9: sts

Donna (Tuesday)- Start weight 9st 5lbs Goal weight 8st 12lbs in 9 weeks
TARGET CHANGED TO MAINTAIN AT 9ST 7LBS
Wk 1: +0.5lbs, Wk 2: +1lb, Wk 3: +0.5 (9st 7lbs), Wk 4: STS, Wk 5: No WI, Wk 6: +0.5lbs, Wk 7: No WI, Wk 8: +1.5lbs Wk 9 : No WI

Kim (Monthly/Friday)- Start weight 8st 10lbs Goal weight 8st 6lbs in 11 weeks
July: +3.5lbs, Wk 5: -2.25lbs, Wk 6: +0.5lbs, Wk 7: -1.25lbs, Wk 8: -0.5lb, Wk 9: 0.75lbs
August: -4lbs

Deb (Friday) - Start weight 8st 10.25lbs Goal weight 8-8st 3lbs in 12 weeks
Wk 1: -2.5lbs Wk 2: - 1.5lbs, Wk 3: -0.25lbs, Wk 4: -1.75lbs, Wk 5*: +2lbs, Wk 6: -2.75lbs, Wk 7: -0.25lbs, Wk 8: sts, Wk 9: 1.75lbs

Nikki (Wednesday) - Start weight 11st 12.5lbs Goal weight 10st in 13 weeks
Wk1: +1.25lbs, Wk 2: -1.25lbs, Wk 3: 0.5lbs, Wk 4: No WI, Wk 5: ?, Wk 6: ?, Wk 7:12st, Wk 8: -4.5lbs, Wk 9: -1lb

Annie (Saturday) - Start weight 11st 2.5lbs Goal weight 9st in 16 weeks
Wk 1: -0.25lbs,Wk 2: -0.75lbs, Wk 3: ?, Wk 4: ?, Wk 5: ?, Wk 6: ?, Wk 7: ?, Wk 8: ?, Wk 9 :?

Last edited:
Yay, well done you! It does seem quite coincidental that you were struggling to lose and then you come off the pill 3 months ago and you've lost consistently for the last 9 weeks! They do say that going on the pill can make you gain weight, so it could mean the opposite when you come off it. I know your friend had a bad experience of the coil but there are thousands out there that get on with it fine. Why not give it a go and if it doesnt suit, you can always have it removed!

iam thinking i will. will read up on it though the doctor did mention its good as you don't get the same hormones or whatever its called..would be better as i think the pill can affect my mood.x

Morning all. Happy with WI today.....0.75lbs off. Slowly but surely, but cant expect too much more as not as active as I would like and dont think painkillers are conducive to weight loss lol!

Have you weighed in this morning Deb? Good luck and hope its the 2lb loss you saw yesterday. Laura, hope your WI isnt too bad x

excellent Kim. its most defiantly coming off good for you despite the meds and the pain. good for you that you are doing so well x

iam thinking i will. will read up on it though the doctor did mention its good as you don't get the same hormones or whatever its called..would be better as i think the pill can affect my mood.x

Thinking back to how long you've been on MM and on this thread, you were bouncing round with the same few pounds and not really getting anywhere, but you come off the pill and start losing.....thats telling me something! I know you've started running, but I think its coming off the pill thats done it, or certainly contributed! Has your food changed much in these last 9 weeks?

Rennie cat likes my scan bran muffins......hope it doesn't have the same effect on her as it does on me lol!

Attachments

• 1376034501800.jpg
    1376034501800.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 47
Thinking back to how long you've been on MM and on this thread, you were bouncing round with the same few pounds and not really getting anywhere, but you come off the pill and start losing.....thats telling me something! I know you've started running, but I think its coming off the pill thats done it, or certainly contributed! Has your food changed much in these last 9 weeks?

yes i suppose it has. i was having one or two bottles of wine which came with big bags of crisps. i think that our dinners haven't so much changed but all the snacking has stopped. its probably a combination of both but deep down i know i can't be arsed with taking the pill every day but scared of coil being safe. only because am not used to it i suppose.

Why not try the implant Deb, I dont think thats as scary as the coil. I dont think I could have it as you all know how squeamish I've become and I'd faint knowing me while they were putting it in or taking it out. I might consider it after we've had a baby maybe... but probably not lol.

Knee seems fine this morning :)

Wanted to catch up on a few more bits but on my phone and have forgotten whats been said.

I woke up this morning thinking it was sunday and that we were going tomorrow, gutted when I woke up properly and realised it was friday lol.

yes i suppose it has. i was having one or two bottles of wine which came with big bags of crisps. i think that our dinners haven't so much changed but all the snacking has stopped. its probably a combination of both but deep down i know i can't be arsed with taking the pill every day but scared of coil being safe. only because am not used to it i suppose.
Why not do some research into it and then see what you think. Its probably a lot safer than the pill if you cant be arsed taking it! I think when you get into the swing of SW and you have a focus like your holiday, it spurs you on to lose weight and you've done so well. Will nedd some recent pics, cos I bet you've really shrunk! x

Why not try the implant Deb, I dont think thats as scary as the coil. I dont think I could have it as you all know how squeamish I've become and I'd faint knowing me while they were putting it in or taking it out. I might consider it after we've had a baby maybe... but probably not lol.

Knee seems fine this morning :)

Wanted to catch up on a few more bits but on my phone and have forgotten whats been said.

I woke up this morning thinking it was sunday and that we were going tomorrow, gutted when I woke up properly and realised it was friday lol.

Glad you're knee is better, cos you dont want that giving you gip on your hols! Monday will be here before you know it! x

Yeah I know it will be here in no time, just have loads to sort out before then. So these are just the boring housework days, find out whether my friend is having a boy or a girl today though which I'm very excited about :) not sure what time their scan is, just know its afternoon.

I don't mind taking the pill everyday, I thought I'd forget and be useless or it would annoy me but I have to take my vit D and evening primrose anyway so it makes no difference having one extra and also as its the important one I sometimes forget the others but never that.

Why not do some research into it and then see what you think. Its probably a lot safer than the pill if you cant be arsed taking it! I think when you get into the swing of SW and you have a focus like your holiday, it spurs you on to lose weight and you've done so well. Will nedd some recent pics, cos I bet you've really shrunk! x

Glad you're knee is better, cos you dont want that giving you gip on your hols! Monday will be here before you know it! x

have lost 9lb in total..not sure i look much different but do feel different..much better. i would say this is the weight i should be

i was thinking of implant donna but they all seem to have weight side effects..are you feeling ok on yours donna?

Wow Nikki that cake sounds fab I love red velvet and caramac mmm!

Well done Deb you are doing amazing! Whether its the running, the pill, less crisps or a combo of them all we can't ever really know but you are losing consistently and seem to be in a much better place with the whole guilt over food thing! :)

Glad the knee is feeling better, please be careful though and don't risk the big run if its still a bit sore!

Bit confused by weigh in this morning. I am off work today and didn't set an alarm so ended up sleeping in until 10am, usually weigh in at 6am as up for work then. Anyway had a really bad food weekend moping about feeling sorry for myself with all this work drama and had a meal out and cocktails too. Then yesterday evening my period started so massively bloated. Then the scales this morning were a STS. Whaaaat??? I know a couple hours later than normal for weigh in but expecting a good few lbs up due to overeating/totm combo! X

Sorry I`ve been AWOL this week. Just so busy with getting ready for Menorca!!

Wasn`t planning on weighing until I got back but had a cheaky weigh in this morning.
Despite being in Dorset last week I had an STS so pleased with that.
It`ll be a minor miracle if I do the same on returning from Menorca as it`s all inclusive!!

Hubby having an operation on our return. Don`t ask me to spell it, but from what I understand it`s a bit like a biopsy on his brain fluid.
I`m trying not to seem too worried as I don`t want to spoil our hols. We`ve been given the ok to travel by his consultant so it should be ok.
Not idea if how long he`ll be in hospital or how long he`ll need to recover.
We`re going to the hospital for his pre - admission checks this afternoon, it`s all a bit of a rush!

Hope everyone is ok. I`ll post later regarding his pre - admission.

Well done to you both Laura and GA on your sts. You both must have made some healthy choices to limit the damage. I bet you'll have a good loss next week Laura if its your *week and you sts!

Is hubby having a Lumbar puncture GA? If so, its not too bad as I've had one myself. Not the most comfortable of proceedures, but he obviously needs it. Hope all goes well with his pre op assessment

have lost 9lb in total..not sure i look much different but do feel different..much better. i would say this is the weight i should be

i was thinking of implant donna but they all seem to have weight side effects..are you feeling ok on yours donna?

I'm on the pill Deb, but I have a friend who's been on the implant for 6 years now and she loves it, she had problems gaining weight with the pill but says she's okay on that. Like you say all contraception say you can gain weight on them, my personal view is that you just need to be careful what you eat as they can increase your appetite, but as long as you stick to plan then you should be okay. I honestly think the only reason I gained a bit of weight on the pill is my boobs as they're noticeably fuller. My appetite was massive on the injection, but I lost all my weight while on that.

Wow Nikki that cake sounds fab I love red velvet and caramac mmm!

Well done Deb you are doing amazing! Whether its the running, the pill, less crisps or a combo of them all we can't ever really know but you are losing consistently and seem to be in a much better place with the whole guilt over food thing! :)

Glad the knee is feeling better, please be careful though and don't risk the big run if its still a bit sore!

Bit confused by weigh in this morning. I am off work today and didn't set an alarm so ended up sleeping in until 10am, usually weigh in at 6am as up for work then. Anyway had a really bad food weekend moping about feeling sorry for myself with all this work drama and had a meal out and cocktails too. Then yesterday evening my period started so massively bloated. Then the scales this morning were a STS. Whaaaat??? I know a couple hours later than normal for weigh in but expecting a good few lbs up due to overeating/totm combo! X

Well done on the STS

I will be careful with my knee, if it plays up tomorrow I won't do the race on Sunday, even come Sunday I'll be careful and if its giving me hassle I'll walk it or even give in.

Sorry I`ve been AWOL this week. Just so busy with getting ready for Menorca!!

Wasn`t planning on weighing until I got back but had a cheaky weigh in this morning.
Despite being in Dorset last week I had an STS so pleased with that.
It`ll be a minor miracle if I do the same on returning from Menorca as it`s all inclusive!!

Hubby having an operation on our return. Don`t ask me to spell it, but from what I understand it`s a bit like a biopsy on his brain fluid.
I`m trying not to seem too worried as I don`t want to spoil our hols. We`ve been given the ok to travel by his consultant so it should be ok.
Not idea if how long he`ll be in hospital or how long he`ll need to recover.
We`re going to the hospital for his pre - admission checks this afternoon, it`s all a bit of a rush!

Hope everyone is ok. I`ll post later regarding his pre - admission.

Have fun on your hol and don't worry about gaining, at least you managed a STS this time :) well done on that, also try not to worry about husbands operation as well, I'm sure its nothing to worry about but you can do your worrying when your back if you have to. Hope it all goes well for him though

Back