Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Things are a little better yeah Kim, well a lot better :) really looking forward to having a few days away just the three of us.
Think part of my problem was we weren't doing much together and when we were together qe werw both tired and we've both been out and busy meeting new people ect. Just need to remind myself how good we are together.

Looking forward to the half, mums wound me up though (again haha) I said I'm not running as I'll be either staying in and uaing the crosstrainer or going to pilates and she started saying oh now we've done the marathon are you going to let running slip. .. its like ***** ****** we ran a marathon on sunday I ran on tuesday it wont kill me to do something other then running today, I dont want to just run anyway, I dont think ita good for you to just do one thing

lovely to hear donna. i am glad you are feeling much better. yikes you do so well with the running that you need to do what works for you and not your mum. you work and have a son to raise....there are only so many hours in the day.

Thanks, Kim. I`m really stressing about the move!!

Just got a call to say the carpet`s been fitted and is looking good!!
Hopefully the cooker will be third time lucky! We`re being supplied with a cooker by the housing association but they`re not having much luck. The first one, the oven door was broken. The second one tripped the switch in the fuse box. The electrics have been checked and there`s nothing wrong with the flat`s electrics. Hopefully the next one will be ok!!

They`ll have to get a move on!! Got a moving date - next Wednesday!! There`s still so much to do! :)
Blimey, they havent given you much notice to move have they?! I can imagine you're just grabbing food on the run and not having a lot of time to prepare scrumptious SW meals. As I said, you'll probably be burning off loads of calories running around like an eejit lol! x

Fingers crossed you'll be in soon Annette

I'm at a kids halloween party... surrounded by hotdogs and sweets... not had any though..... even though im ruddy starving. Have to get off in a bit anyway to take little one to the doctors

Did you resist? Hope your little chap is ok x

Kim as always you are so right. i actually am happy. i have reigned food in but still eat normally. yes still treats perhaps too much but i am getting so much better than two weeks ago.
your friends saying that does say a lot. you look great x
I think its fairly common place to lossen the reigns a bit when we've had a target to chase for so long like we all did over the summer. Most of us hit our target for a particular reason......me my *0th, you your holiday and then its almost like phew thats over, I think its human nature. But its knowing when to reign it back in again or it can get out of hand and before we all know it were 1 or 2 stone overweight again! Also, everything in moderation is the key as well.....if we want to have a 3 course meal with our girlfriends thats ok, but then back to the plan until the next time!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Blimey, they havent given you much notice to move have they?! I can imagine you're just grabbing food on the run and not having a lot of time to prepare scrumptious SW meals. As I said, you'll probably be burning off loads of calories running around like an eejit lol! x

Did you resist? Hope your little chap is ok x

I think its fairly common place to lossen the reigns a bit when we've had a target to chase for so long like we all did over the summer. Most of us hit our target for a particular reason......me my *0th, you your holiday and then its almost like phew thats over, I think its human nature. But its knowing when to reign it back in again or it can get out of hand and before we all know it were 1 or 2 stone overweight again! Also, everything in moderation is the key as well.....if we want to have a 3 course meal with our girlfriends thats ok, but then back to the plan until the next time!

definitely!! luckily i have only been overweight pre baby but unhappy once it came off slowly.
i am now happier than ever with what i have. more so with getting my ass out and attempting to run.
i am 8st 3lb today and feel quite slim so its all about the toning i think x

How was WI the 2 Debbies and Laura???

Eeech, I'm rather flummoxed to say the least cos I've lost 4lbs! So yay I'm back in the 8's! Not really sure how that happened, cos I've had 5 off plan days in the last 2 weeks since I last weighed, so I've obviously balanced myself out, but not sure about the actual weightloss! Im pleased cos I'm only 2lbs away from my upper end of my Xmas Challenge of 8.7 - 8.11.
I think 8.11 is a more realistic sustainable target for me, cos I had to battle to get to 8.7 for my birthday and I dont relish the thought of spending the rest of my days 'fighting' to keep my weight down at 8.7.
These last few months have taught me a bit of a lesson with my weight.......if I keep an eye on rather than ignoring the scales like I used to, I can eat chocolate/high calorie foods and maintain my weight. I just balance out the 'naughties' with the 'goodies'. I think that high weight of 9.3 was very drug related and the unfortunate side effects of those drugs!!!
So, decision made.....Im changing my target to 8.11! :D

9 weeks to go.........

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9st 7lbs - 10st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb, Wk 2: 11st 2lbs, Wk 3: 10st 13.5lbs, Wk 4: 10st 13lbs, Wk 5: 10st 12lbs

ANNETTE - goal is to be at target of 8st 7lbs( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs, Wk 2: 9st 3lbs, Wk 3: 9st 3lbs, Wk 4: 9st 5lbs, Wk 5: No WI

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs, Wk 2: 9st 5lbs, Wk 3: 9st 4lbs, Wk 4: 9st 3lbs, Wk 5: 9st 3.8lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9st 7lbs(Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs, Wk 2: 10st 4.5lbs, Wk 3: 10st 3lbs, Wk 4: 10st 3.5lbs, Wk 5: 10st 1.5lbs

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9st 7lbs (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 13lbs, Wk 3: 9st 13lbs, Wk 4: 10st, Wk 5: 10st 0.5lbs

JO - goal is to be at target of 9st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 3: ?, Wk 4 : ?, Wk 5: ?

KIM - goal is to be at target of 8st 11lbs(Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.25lbs, Wk 2: 9st 1.25lbs, Wk 3: 9st 3lbs, Wk 4: No WI, Wk 5: 8st 13lbs

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8st 9lbs - 8st 10lbs (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs, Wk 2: 8st 11lbs, Wk 3: 8st 10.5lbs, Wk 4: 8st 10.5lbs, Wk 5: 8st 9lbs

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 2lbs, Wk 3 : 9st 3lbs, Wk 4: 9st 3lbs, Wk 5: 9st 3lbs

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs, Wk 2: 8st 2.25lbs, Wk 3: 8st 4.75lbs,Wk 4: 8st 5lbs, Wk 5:

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs, Wk 2: 9st 2.5lbs, Wk 3: 9st 2lbs, Wk 4: 9st 2lbs, Wk 5: 9st 0.5lbs

Last edited:
How was WI the 2 Debbies and Laura??? Eeech, I'm rather flummoxed to say the least cos I've lost 4lbs! So yay I'm back in the 8's! Not really sure how that happened, cos I've had 5 off plan days in the last 2 weeks since I last weighed, so I've obviously balanced myself out, but not sure about the actual weightloss! Im pleased cos I'm only 2lbs away from my upper end of my Xmas Challenge of 8.7 - 8.11. I think 8.11 is a more realistic sustainable target for me, cos I had to battle to get to 8.7 for my birthday and I dont relish the thought of spending the rest of my days 'fighting' to keep my weight down at 8.7. These last few months have taught me a bit of a lesson with my weight.......if I keep an eye on rather than ignoring the scales like I used to, I can eat chocolate/high calorie foods and maintain my weight. I just balance out the 'naughties' with the 'goodies'. I think that high weight of 9.3 was very drug related and the unfortunate side effects of those drugs!!! So, decision made.....Im changing my target to 8.11! :D Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Kim, 8.9 this morning!!!! Not sure how or why but I'm happy:)

Well done....it goes to show it must have been all drug related. I think your target is a good one, especially as it's hard for you to be active. 8.11 is perfect and as you say this constant fighting to keep our weight down is exhausting.
I have been 8.9-8.11 the last 6 mths and yet I feel I am fighting this in my head but I my weight doesn't change so why am I putting myself under soooo much stress. I am going to keep eating sw way, enjoy my small treats and exercise and stop freaking out about the scales. The amount of meals out or even morning I wouldn't go for a coffee &'cake with my hubby or a friend all because I was scared it'd show on the scales. I need to relax and LIVE.

My kids gone to school with their costumes on as they are on mid term next week, all the kids in school look great!!
Happy Friday girls:)

Hi Kim, 8.9 this morning!!!! Not sure how or why but I'm happy:)

Well done....it goes to show it must have been all drug related. I think your target is a good one, especially as it's hard for you to be active. 8.11 is perfect and as you say this constant fighting to keep our weight down is exhausting.
I have been 8.9-8.11 the last 6 mths and yet I feel I am fighting this in my head but I my weight doesn't change so why am I putting myself under soooo much stress. I am going to keep eating sw way, enjoy my small treats and exercise and stop freaking out about the scales. The amount of meals out or even morning I wouldn't go for a coffee &'cake with my hubby or a friend all because I was scared it'd show on the scales. I need to relax and LIVE.

My kids gone to school with their costumes on as they are on mid term next week, all the kids in school look great!!
Happy Friday girls:)

Well done Debbie, thats a 1.5lb loss this week :)

You said it........RELAX AND LIVE!
I dont know how many times, like you, that I've been out for coffee with hubby and refused a cake when he has one cos I'm'scared' to eat it! Thats so funny you're the same!
You have a quite a low BMI, does it suit your frame? Do you have to fight to stay this weight, or does it just come naturally with your lifestyle? Why not go out for that coffee and a bun, have a few off plan meals and see what happens with your weight. It all depends whether you naturally stay this weight or as you said you're always fighting in your head about the scales.
I think once you've given yourself permission to loosen the reigns a bit, the pressure is lifted and thats how I feel today. I've been thinking about it all week, but now I've said it I feel so much better! We are all mad! :p x

So, tonight I'm cooking hubby a homecooked 3 course meal.....off plan of course :)

Starters - pate with homemade pineapple chutney and olive ciabatta....... I was going to make a ham hock terrine, but didnt have time.
Main - haddock on a bed of wilted spinach with colcannon in a chive butter sauce.....mustn't forget to put a poached egg on top of the haddock!
Dessert - homemade Baileys Cheesecake......need to practice making it, as have the girls coming round for a xmas meal and they want that for dessert!

I might partake in a glass of red if I dare with these drugs!

How does that all sound? :)

So, tonight I'm cooking hubby a homecooked 3 course meal.....off plan of course :) Starters - pate with homemade pineapple chutney and olive ciabatta....... I was going to make a ham hock terrine, but didnt have time. Main - haddock on a bed of wilted spinach with colcannon in a chive butter sauce.....mustn't forget to put a poached egg on top of the haddock! Dessert - homemade Baileys Cheesecake......need to practice making it, as have the girls coming round for a xmas meal and they want that for dessert! I might partake in a glass of red if I dare with these drugs! How does that all sound? :) Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oooo you have just made me want to have pate and cheesecake!!

I have been and got 4 bottles of the £9 baileys from mr m's and 2 of them are orange truffle flavour!

This sounds beautiful mmmm. Think I'll make a big slimming world burger tonight but I want to buy some of them little tin buckets for chips to go in.

Enjoy your food hun, very jealous xx

Hey ladies sorry been AWOL again.

Just a bit down at the moment. Not having a great time with OH lately and its really getting me down to be honest, he's in a fowl mood so much of the time lately and we have tried talking about things. I do want things to work out we got a mortgage together now and he is a good guy hes just hard to live with lately, and I know that I can be too I definitely have my flaws. I saw you are in the same boat at the moment Donna how are things at the moment for you? (I skipped about 10 pages so have missed all the chat sorry guys just not feeling up to reading it all properly just now)

And I keep getting a really sore wrist from work it heals then a couple weeks later it goes again and in constant pain for few days. Bored of it now.

My food has mostly been good despite me free styling. Though I had to go out to world buffet last week AND last night. Bit frustrating as I didn't really want to go but had to keep OH happy and go as it was his dad that was paying.

So its been STS last 2 weeks because of world buffet (well technically it was gains both weeks but I had been taking the Thursday morning result as real weigh in rather than the artificial buffet gain!) Just completely lacking in motivation at the moment.

Will be back on here again soon just need some time away to sort things out. I have been trying to post my food on my own diary on here just to keep myself accountable for my food but being selfish and not reading any other threads sorry! Just popping in to let you know I am OK and will be back when I am feeling a bit better just need some time away x

Oh and that cheesecake sounds lush Kim I want that now for brunch haha x

So, tonight I'm cooking hubby a homecooked 3 course meal.....off plan of course :) Starters - pate with homemade pineapple chutney and olive ciabatta....... I was going to make a ham hock terrine, but didnt have time. Main - haddock on a bed of wilted spinach with colcannon in a chive butter sauce.....mustn't forget to put a poached egg on top of the haddock! Dessert - homemade Baileys Cheesecake......need to practice making it, as have the girls coming round for a xmas meal and they want that for dessert! I might partake in a glass of red if I dare with these drugs! How does that all sound? :) Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh I love pate, it all sounds so yummy. My hubby works every weekend and 2 nights during the week so we never get to spend time like that. I'd love him to have a day job so we could enjoy weekends together but beggars can't be choosers!!! We're lucky he has a job:)
Enjoy your meal xx

9 quid for Baileys Nikki, I paid 17 quid for a litre so you got a Billy Bargain there!

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear things are a bit tough for you at the moment. Sometimes you do need to take time out and reflect on things, but you know where we are if you need a natter or a download. I would also go to your GP and get that wrist sorted, cos you're probably not doing it any favours working with it, so she may be able to sign you off sick until you can get it sorted. Take care chick x

Blimey Debbie, I thought I was hard done by only seeing hubby at the weekends. What does he do to work those sort of hours and shifts?

Well I've had a lovely afternoon pottering and getting everything prepped for the meal, it is so lovely cooking something when you really fancy cooking and having the time to not stress about it all. Made the cheesecake first as it needs to firm up.....for some reason I cant put photos on here otherwise you could have seen it.
Dont think I'll be jumping on the scales in a rush tomorrow haha!

9 quid for Baileys Nikki, I paid 17 quid for a litre so you got a Billy Bargain there! Laura, I'm so sorry to hear things are a bit tough for you at the moment. Sometimes you do need to take time out and reflect on things, but you know where we are if you need a natter or a download. I would also go to your GP and get that wrist sorted, cos you're probably not doing it any favours working with it, so she may be able to sign you off sick until you can get it sorted. Take care chick x Blimey Debbie, I thought I was hard done by only seeing hubby at the weekends. What does he do to work those sort of hours and shifts? Well I've had a lovely afternoon pottering and getting everything prepped for the meal, it is so lovely cooking something when you really fancy cooking and having the time to not stress about it all. Made the cheesecake first as it needs to firm up.....for some reason I cant put photos on here otherwise you could have seen it. Dont think I'll be jumping on the scales in a rush tomorrow haha! Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

He works is a pub/late bar! So at weekends he works from 4pm until 4.30am and is home by 5am!! Which means I have to keep 3 kids relatively quiet while he sleeps!!! Most Sundays I bring kids swimming in the morning to give him a rest. The plus side is I have him home in the mornings during the week, this gives me a chance to go to an exercise class or for a run and he can mind our youngest. We used to work together and it's only since having kids that I'm not able to work at night time now. I suppose we're used to it but it can be hard at times.

Must be hard for you Debbie, but at least you have the mornings as you say to get out and have some 'me' time.

Meal was lovely, but feel a bit yuch with it all now as was rather naughty! Not used to drinking either, so need to have a detox today!

Good morning!

Just keep you all updated.... I have to go to Wednesday weigh in for a few weeks as I have things on on a Monday. I'm so desperate for a loss this week so got 3 days to try super hard x

At least you'll have a few more days to get rid of the excess of the Orange Baileys cheesecake Nikki lol! :p x

Well I've been slaving away in the kitchen all morning making a slow cooker meal of Moroccan Lamb and roasted veggies with couscous.......a smally pudding may have slipped in as well.....summer fruits and apple granola crumble!!!
Back to it tomorrow! :)

At least you'll have a few more days to get rid of the excess of the Orange Baileys cheesecake Nikki lol! :p x Well I've been slaving away in the kitchen all morning making a slow cooker meal of Moroccan Lamb and roasted veggies with couscous.......a smally pudding may have slipped in as well.....summer fruits and apple granola crumble!!! Back to it tomorrow! :) Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Haha I was disappointed in it :-( it was bake in the oven one and I think I prefer non bake ones!

I've got a lovely corned beef /veg soup simmering in the slow cooker at the moment x

[QUOTE=Nikki

Still cant quote you??

Thats a shame about the cheesecake, I suppose it would have been more like a New York cheesecake which tends to taste better when its just plain.
Mine was gorgeous! :D
Im making a pea and ham soup tomorrow as cooked the gammon last night and now waiting for the stock to cool.......ooooh how productive we are! x

:-( I still have a headache so I'm off to the doctors today.

Not weighing in because it clashes so I'm hoping to get to another group this week.

X

Back