Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Off on a surprise hols on Monday!! Yay!!

Only to Suffolk but I1m not complaining!!

So, I`ll be weighing in on Saturday but not the following week.
Hoping for a loss this week and maintain when I get back.
I`ll be away for a week but will try to keep an eye on this forum via my phone

I am in the 9's. Whoop - 9.9 according to home scales. SW weigh me heavier bit only by three pounds so hopeful for next Monday. Just have to be very good for next few days :)

Whoop whoop, well done :) fingers crossed for SW weigh in as well 3 lbs seems like a lot for them to be different though.

Didn't weigh this week due to extremely bad weekend but just bought a dress for a wedding and its a 10! Granted all the others I tried on were 12s but the nicest was a ten. I normally have huge issues with dresses as the chest will be too tight and the waist too big. This is a milestone I am happy to reach considering I only gave birth three months ago :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Congrats on getting in the 10, I need to seriously kick myself up the bum so that I fit back in my 8's.... I have nothing against 10's but I have so many nice outfits in 8's that I can't wear right now because I've gained weight. We have two wedding receptions to go to this year (one in August and one in November) and I have no idea what to wear for either, might even have a wedding in December to go to too...

Off on a surprise hols on Monday!! Yay!!

Only to Suffolk but I1m not complaining!!

So, I`ll be weighing in on Saturday but not the following week.
Hoping for a loss this week and maintain when I get back.
I`ll be away for a week but will try to keep an eye on this forum via my phone

Hope you have a great time :)

I weighed this morning and I've maintained, would have loved a loss but I haven't been 100% on plan and I'm due on (my boobs feel like they weight half my body weight right now) so I'm not going to complain. Like I say I'm getting on it now, we're out on Saturday but other then that I am aiming for a 100% week!

I have a photo shoot in July or August and a wedding reception in August, I want to wear nice outfits for both that I already own as don't want to be buying new one's. I'm really annoyed at myself though, you'd think getting married would be motivation enough to get on it, but I've really been struggling lately.

Whoop whoop, well done :) fingers crossed for SW weigh in as well 3 lbs seems like a lot for them to be different though.

Congrats on getting in the 10, I need to seriously kick myself up the bum so that I fit back in my 8's.... I have nothing against 10's but I have so many nice outfits in 8's that I can't wear right now because I've gained weight. We have two wedding receptions to go to this year (one in August and one in November) and I have no idea what to wear for either, might even have a wedding in December to go to too...

Hope you have a great time :)

I weighed this morning and I've maintained, would have loved a loss but I haven't been 100% on plan and I'm due on (my boobs feel like they weight half my body weight right now) so I'm not going to complain. Like I say I'm getting on it now, we're out on Saturday but other then that I am aiming for a 100% week!

I have a photo shoot in July or August and a wedding reception in August, I want to wear nice outfits for both that I already own as don't want to be buying new one's. I'm really annoyed at myself though, you'd think getting married would be motivation enough to get on it, but I've really been struggling lately.

Well I weighed this morning and I'm down 1. 9.9 - delighted with a loss as I haven't been 100% since week 1! Going to try really hard this week and get back to my Wednesday weigh in. Hoping for 1 or 2 for next week.

I also want to get back into my size 8...have an amazing pair of tommy Hilfiger jeans that I haven't fit into in about 3 years so they are my goal I have refused to bin them although I have been tempted :)

Sometimes there is too much pressure to lose so it stops being motivation! I have seen it with friends getting married. They freak out and end up eating more! Relax and enjoy you are doing great and u didn't gain. Look st the positives xx

I think with a few of us, we've been at it for so long it gets to a stage where you lose all the 'fun' out of trying to lose!
I pushed myself last year to get to 8.7 and a size 8......why!? Its not sustainable and very obvious I would never be able to maintain that weight, so you have to lower your expectations of yourself sometimes!
Dont be so hard on yourself Donna......are you happy at the weight you are now? Try and be realistic and look at a weight that you know you could maintain at. I appreciate about the outfits/clothes you have, but can you in all honesty keep your weight low enough all the time to stay at a size 8.....I know I cant! Not without being very strict and I dont want to live like that anymore......thats why I've upped my goal weight!
Saying all that, if I didnt have the structure and discipline of SW, I'd be as big as a house! So, I wouldnt be without SW lol!

Lost 1.25lbs this week :)

How lovely Annette, hope you have a lovely time....the weather looks as tho its going to improve next week :)

Whats your target weight Beingmum? You seem to be doing really well. Have you been at the SW game for long?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

SUMMER SLIM 'n' TRIM CHALLENGE
21st April - 25th August

RONNIE ~ maintain at 9st 10lbs (Tuesday)
Wk 1: 9st 8.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 11lbs ~ Wk 3 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 4: 9st 9.5lbs ~ Wk 5: ? ~ Wk 6: 9st 11lbs ~ Wk 7: 9st 10lbs

STEPH ~ maintain at 8st 9lbs (Thursday)
Wk 1: 8st 9lbs TARGET! ~ Wk 2: No WI ~ Wk 3: 8st 13lbs ~ Wk 4: 8st 11lbs ~ Wk 5: No WI ~ Wk 6: 8st 11lbs ~ Wk 7: No WI

CARRIE ~ target 8st 10lbs (Thursday)
Wk 1: No WI ~ Wk 2: 9st 7lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 5lbs ~ Wk 4: 9st 4lbs ~ Wk 5: No WI ~ Wk 6: 9st 8lbs ~Wk 7: No WI

KIM ~ target 8st 13lbs (Friday)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 4lbs ~ Wk 3: No WI ~ Wk 4: No WI ~ Wk 5: No WI ~ Wk 6: 9st 6.75lbs ~ Wk 7: 9st 5.5lbs

DEB ~ target 8st (Friday)
Wk 1: 8st 8.75lbs ~ Wk 2: 8st 7.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 8st 8lbs ~ Wk 4: ? ~ Wk 5: ? ~ Wk 6: ? ~ Wk 7:

DONNA ~ target 9st 7lbs (Friday)
Wk 1: 10st 3.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 4lbs ~ Wk 3: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 4: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 5: No WI ~ Wk 6: 10st 4lbs ~ Wk 7 10st 4lbs

DEBBIE ~ maintain at 8st 12lbs (Friday)
Wk 1: 8st 12lbs ~ Wk 2: 8st 12lbs ~ Wk 3: 8st 12lbs ~ Wk 4: 8st 13lbs ~ Wk 5: No WI ~ Wk 6: 8st 12lbs ~ Wk 7: 8st13lbs

ANNETTE ~ target 9st 4lbs (Friday)
Wk 1: 9st 11.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 10lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 9.5lbs ~ Wk 4: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 5: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 6: 9st 7.5lbs ~ Wk 7: 9st 7lbs

NIKKI ~ target 9st - 9st 7lbs (Saturday)
Wk 1: ? ~ Wk 2: 10st ~ Wk 3: 10st ~ Wk 4: 9st 13lbs ~ Wk 5: No WI ~ Wk 6: ? ~ Wk 7: No WI

Last edited:
I don't think im weighing this week. I'm heading back to group because that's the only way I get consistent losses so I think weigh day will be back to a Monday x

Why are you not weighing for so long? Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I always go to boots to weigh ( smashed up my home home scales as the daily weighing was obsessive, and wanted to focus on how I felt ) I had 4 fasts last week and my net cals for the week was 6000 under maintenance cals and I gained 4lbs.. My friend can see the obsessive nature return and wants me to allow the plan to work without obsessively weighing for a while. I've felt so much calmer this week knowing I'm not weighing on sat and my food has been cleaner than usual. I actually enjoyed cooking this week. And relaxed around food. Focusing again in my clothes and how I feel rather than my mood depending on a number. I like to challenge myself though and I'd actually love to see where I am without letting the weekly weighins dictate my day and food choices? Back to basics for me. Xxx

I think with a few of us, we've been at it for so long it gets to a stage where you lose all the 'fun' out of trying to lose!
I pushed myself last year to get to 8.7 and a size 8......why!? Its not sustainable and very obvious I would never be able to maintain that weight, so you have to lower your expectations of yourself sometimes!
Dont be so hard on yourself Donna......are you happy at the weight you are now? Try and be realistic and look at a weight that you know you could maintain at. I appreciate about the outfits/clothes you have, but can you in all honesty keep your weight low enough all the time to stay at a size 8.....I know I cant! Not without being very strict and I dont want to live like that anymore......thats why I've upped my goal weight!
Saying all that, if I didnt have the structure and discipline of SW, I'd be as big as a house! So, I wouldnt be without SW lol!

Lost 1.25lbs this week :)

How lovely Annette, hope you have a lovely time....the weather looks as tho its going to improve next week :)

Whats your target weight Beingmum? You seem to be doing really well. Have you been at the SW game for long?

Just spent ages on a reply and my battery died ughhh lol so to cut a long story short did weight watchers old plan about 5 years ago and went from 10.5 to 8.13 at my lowest. I maintained around 9 for a year and a half then went back to old ways and have hovered around 10 since. Have been on sw for three weeks and lost 3 the first week and only one since....I know why though so I don't mind my weekends haven't stuck to plan at all! My goal is 9.

Wanted to achieve goal by July 19th my baby's christening but I'd be happy with half that. I am feeling brilliant and have only lost 3!!!

8 13 for me this week, I was out for a meal with hubby on thurs night, so happy with that! It was Italian and I had pasta and I never eat pasta! I went with bolognese and also had a salad with it......and wine :)

I know I can do better though Kim, if I was only going slightly off plan then I would think it's probably better to try and maintain but although my meals have been mostly on plan I have had some terrible binges. I am not happy with my belly at all at the moment, it's a lot bigger then it was and can be. I had a bath last night and as daft as it sounds it did get me down a bit looking at it, I just need to get my focus back, which I know I can do. It's finding the balance between focus and still enjoying my social life... at the moment it hasn't just been my social life though, I've been struggling to say no to my fiancé when he's bought big bars of chocolate and split them ect. but it's a new week, we're out today but the rest of the week should be okay :)

I also don't want to look back at my wedding and honeymoon pictures and think that I was not in my best shape. I looked great for my friends wedding in 2012, I want to look like that for my own wedding.

I know I can do better though Kim, if I was only going slightly off plan then I would think it's probably better to try and maintain but although my meals have been mostly on plan I have had some terrible binges. I am not happy with my belly at all at the moment, it's a lot bigger then it was and can be. I had a bath last night and as daft as it sounds it did get me down a bit looking at it, I just need to get my focus back, which I know I can do. It's finding the balance between focus and still enjoying my social life... at the moment it hasn't just been my social life though, I've been struggling to say no to my fiancé when he's bought big bars of chocolate and split them ect. but it's a new week, we're out today but the rest of the week should be okay :)

I also don't want to look back at my wedding and honeymoon pictures and think that I was not in my best shape. I looked great for my friends wedding in 2012, I want to look like that for my own wedding.

I have a theory Donna, might be a mad one and correct me if I'm talking nonsense!

I think we all have been where you are at the moment, where its difficult to get out of eating badly, cos once you start you cant stop! If you're like me and probably most of the people out there, we all need something to aim for to lose weight.....you have your wedding/honeymoon. However it's not til August 2015 which is 14 months away.......too far away to think about losing weight! So, part of your mind is telling you it s ok to eat that giant chocolate......dont forget losing weight is just as much psychological as its is physical! The other part of your brain is screaming NO, dont eat that chocolate!

I reckon, when you get a bit closer to the wedding, you'll get your focus and drive back again, cos its just that little bit too far away to worry about just yet......cos thats how I'd be thinking!
So how about stop worrying for the moment.......stress causes weight gain by the way, its a proven fact......

Now hear endeth the lesson lol!

I totally agree with Kim! I was just like you Donna, eating all the rubbish, drinking, takeaways and generally not caring.

This week I've been semi good so I'll be interested to weigh later on today. I don't think I'll have lost but a maintain will be good. We have put a pact on that we start the holiday diet from Monday. Rich went out last night with work and I stayed at mum and dads and had pizza... Hmmm that's a point, not heard from rich this morning! Bet he got really drunk!! Meant to be going out for lunch today but will see what happens with the weather and if rich is hanging! Also going to get Millie's passport photo done and pick up the application for that.

Then as of Monday or even quite possibly tomorrow we are on it ! I'm going to freestyle it a bit as I want to tone up and lose some midsection fat so that's the aim!

I think also Donna that because you have already got your wedding dress sorted and you were happy in it that maybe your at your right weight and it's just about toning the belly or losing just a couple of pounds?

Xxz

I have a theory Donna, might be a mad one and correct me if I'm talking nonsense!

I think we all have been where you are at the moment, where its difficult to get out of eating badly, cos once you start you cant stop! If you're like me and probably most of the people out there, we all need something to aim for to lose weight.....you have your wedding/honeymoon. However it's not til August 2015 which is 14 months away.......too far away to think about losing weight! So, part of your mind is telling you it s ok to eat that giant chocolate......dont forget losing weight is just as much psychological as its is physical! The other part of your brain is screaming NO, dont eat that chocolate!

I reckon, when you get a bit closer to the wedding, you'll get your focus and drive back again, cos its just that little bit too far away to worry about just yet......cos thats how I'd be thinking!
So how about stop worrying for the moment.......stress causes weight gain by the way, its a proven fact......

Now hear endeth the lesson lol!

You are right Kim (as usual ;) )

I know I should listen to you haha but it is hard. I'll try and stop being so hard on myself. I was good last night, Ash was on a stag do and I stayed in and made myself a quorn chilli and stuck to my syns :) tried the new banana and caramel marvellous creations and it was gross (I should have know I would hate it as I very rarely like banana flavoured things) but after that I didn't have a paddy and think well I deserve something that I prefer now... which I have done in the past.

I totally agree with Kim! I was just like you Donna, eating all the rubbish, drinking, takeaways and generally not caring.

This week I've been semi good so I'll be interested to weigh later on today. I don't think I'll have lost but a maintain will be good. We have put a pact on that we start the holiday diet from Monday. Rich went out last night with work and I stayed at mum and dads and had pizza... Hmmm that's a point, not heard from rich this morning! Bet he got really drunk!! Meant to be going out for lunch today but will see what happens with the weather and if rich is hanging! Also going to get Millie's passport photo done and pick up the application for that.

Then as of Monday or even quite possibly tomorrow we are on it ! I'm going to freestyle it a bit as I want to tone up and lose some midsection fat so that's the aim!

I think also Donna that because you have already got your wedding dress sorted and you were happy in it that maybe your at your right weight and it's just about toning the belly or losing just a couple of pounds?

Xxz

I want to get back to at least 9 stone 7 and see how I feel from there. The dress will look just as nice if not nicer when I've lost a bit and am a bit more toned :)

Thanks though ladies

Hope he is okay for lunch today Nikki, exciting about the passport photo :)

Do you know if we have any chance of a nice week away for the three of us in the summer hols for no more then £2000 including spending money?

You are right Kim (as usual ;) ) I know I should listen to you haha but it is hard. I'll try and stop being so hard on myself. I was good last night, Ash was on a stag do and I stayed in and made myself a quorn chilli and stuck to my syns :) tried the new banana and caramel marvellous creations and it was gross (I should have know I would hate it as I very rarely like banana flavoured things) but after that I didn't have a paddy and think well I deserve something that I prefer now... which I have done in the past. I want to get back to at least 9 stone 7 and see how I feel from there. The dress will look just as nice if not nicer when I've lost a bit and am a bit more toned :) Thanks though ladies Hope he is okay for lunch today Nikki, exciting about the passport photo :) Do you know if we have any chance of a nice week away for the three of us in the summer hols for no more then £2000 including spending money?

I'd say so hun. I reckon you would be best looking at some all inclusives as I think self catering prices are pretty ridiculous right now. If you hold off you should get something if your not too bothered about where you go.

We have paid £1235 for 11 nights all inclusive. I know it's November and I'm not expecting amazing weather but it's just the break we need and there is an indoor pool so that should be good.

Our holiday started as just the 3 of us.... We now have my parents, Richs parents, my grand parents and my sister all going! It's going to be fab and I think nobody wanted to miss out on Millie's first holiday abroad! X

Forgot to post my weigh in earlier.
Another half off.

Now 9st7lbs
Slow but sure!!

When I got to target last year Annette, my average was 0.5lbs per week......but I got there.....in the end lol! Keep at it and you'll get there before you know it! Enjoy your jolly hols x

What was your weight when you bought your wedding dress Donna? 9st 7lbs seems to ring a bell? If it was, thats only 11lbs to lose which isn't a vast amount, so maybe thats why you're not too focused at the moment as well, cos you known you can lose it when you put your mind to dieting 100%.
One morning you'll just wake up and that will be your day to concentrate fully on SW :)

I'd say so hun. I reckon you would be best looking at some all inclusives as I think self catering prices are pretty ridiculous right now. If you hold off you should get something if your not too bothered about where you go.

We have paid £1235 for 11 nights all inclusive. I know it's November and I'm not expecting amazing weather but it's just the break we need and there is an indoor pool so that should be good.

Our holiday started as just the 3 of us.... We now have my parents, Richs parents, my grand parents and my sister all going! It's going to be fab and I think nobody wanted to miss out on Millie's first holiday abroad! X

Thanks Nikki, yeah we aren't fussed at all about where we go, we just want to get away. We've seen a couple of all inclusives at around £1500 so will hold off and see if prices change closer to the time :)

Haha awww bless, that's lovely. I bet you're all very excited. Probably better that you're going in November so the weather won't be too hot for Millie :) although I think babies manage as long as you are careful.

What was your weight when you bought your wedding dress Donna? 9st 7lbs seems to ring a bell? If it was, thats only 11lbs to lose which isn't a vast amount, so maybe thats why you're not too focused at the moment as well, cos you known you can lose it when you put your mind to dieting 100%.
One morning you'll just wake up and that will be your day to concentrate fully on SW :)

I can't remember but when I was marathon training I went up to 9 stone 7 and looked fine, as I'm still running and want to keep it up that is going to be my first goal and then I'll see where I go from there. 11lbs doesn't sound too bad at all :) I think it's just 10 stone something sounds so much heavier then 9 stone something.

Hoping for a maintain this week as last night involved lots of pizza and beer :/ but I enjoyed it and I'll just reduce the syns to 5 for the rest of this week.... you never know by reducing syns I may manage a small loss *fingers crossed*

Back