Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Well i finally made it into the 9's!

It has been such a long long time since i saw that number. Very happy indeed!

Im going to a wedding reception on Saturday and yesterday poor hubby was subjected to a fashion show.....I wanted him to be honest! About 8 dresses later, we came up with a choice of 3......the others were a wee bit snug lol! I was not despondent/miserable/unhappy about that, cos I am literally half a stone from them all fitting again :p
However, the dress hubby prefers me in requires me to wear the 'scary holdy upty lifty bra', that puts my boobs under my chin lol! If you all remember the drama's of me finding a decent strapless bra.....the best one turned out to be the Wonderbra, but I'm a bit heavier than I was this time last year, so hence the boobs look ginormous! No complaints from the boy tho!
The dress I want to wear, he says, is too 'posh' but its my favourite.......still requires the mega boob lift bra tho lol!

So, Im going for minimal carbs this week......3 dinners of roast lamb and roasted veg, then probably ham and egg salad.......hopefully then I wont feel/look too much like an Umpalumpa on Saturday lol! :eek:

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Haha Kim, that made me chuckle.

I am sure you will look stunning on Saturday, hope you have a great time.

my aim for the wedding reception we have in August is to wear the dress I wore for my friends wedding (I think, I might change my mind closer to the time) will probably do the same as you though and wait until a week before and try a few on for Ash and see what he thinks. It's awkward because it's one of his work friends, so I see them all like once a year (this year will be twice because of the BBQ and then the reception lol) so I want to make sure I look my best as daft as that sounds.

Did we say I have 11lbs to get to 9 stone 7.... that's def do-able before the wedding... it's the 9th of August (so a year before ours) but if I lose 2lb's a week that takes me to over 11lbs when we break up from school.... I still have a few socials planned, but if I stick to low syns around those times it can be done.

We've had shocking weather today, Tyrion must have been terrified as we've had thunder storms. I let him have the run of our room today though and it looks like he spent most of the day under our bed. Now he's chilling by the door in a spot of sunshine.

11lbs is definitely doable Donna, thats 1.2lbs per week!

Good luck with WI tonight Ronnie x

Why do I always find sticking to plan difficult when I get in the 9's?

I've renewed my online membership and think I need to take it a day at a time so I've drawn up a grid of 30 squares. I'm going to tick or cross them depending on if I stayed on plan and I'm also going to put my syns in each box!

Why do I always find sticking to plan difficult when I get in the 9's?

I've renewed my online membership and think I need to take it a day at a time so I've drawn up a grid of 30 squares. I'm going to tick or cross them depending on if I stayed on plan and I'm also going to put my syns in each box!

I think the problem is Nikki, you're trying to push yourself too hard! Now, this is my personal opinion & I don't want you to be offended, cos you know that isn't my intention....we've all been cyber mates for too long! You have a middle healthy BMI of 21.9 at 10st .....that is perfect & by you pushing to become lighter on the scales, may be too much & not achievable or sustainable to lose anymore. Your body probably doesn't/cant lose anymore weight, or if you do, which is obviously possible.....WHY! You will be miserable trying to do it, swapping between diets & not really getting anywhere! You have been roughly 10st for months now.....isn't your body saying something too you?
I think you need to forget the scales & concentrate about toning/exercising & eating healthily. Do you want to spend the rest of your days worrying about what goes in your mouth because of what the scales say. You have a beautiful figure & personally I think aiming for 9st isn't achievable because you haven't anything left to lose!

I'm sorry I don't want to offend, but sometimes it needs someone to say enough. Concentrate on your gorgeous girl & man, eat healthy, have the odd treat, exercise & all will be right in the world of Nikki :happy036:xx

I think the problem is Nikki, you're trying to push yourself too hard! Now, this is my personal opinion & I don't want you to be offended, cos you know that isn't my intention....we've all been cyber mates for too long! You have a middle healthy BMI of 21.9 at 10st .....that is perfect & by you pushing to become lighter on the scales, may be too much & not achievable or sustainable to lose anymore. Your body probably doesn't/cant lose anymore weight, or if you do, which is obviously possible.....WHY! You will be miserable trying to do it, swapping between diets & not really getting anywhere! You have been roughly 10st for months now.....isn't your body saying something too you? I think you need to forget the scales & concentrate about toning/exercising & eating healthily. Do you want to spend the rest of your days worrying about what goes in your mouth because of what the scales say. You have a beautiful figure & personally I think aiming for 9st isn't achievable because you haven't anything left to lose! I'm sorry I don't want to offend, but sometimes it needs someone to say enough. Concentrate on your gorgeous girl & man, eat healthy, have the odd treat, exercise & all will be right in the world of Nikki :happy036:xx

This is how I feel about it too Nikki. I have spent 10yrs fighting to be an unsustainable 8st7 .
Now I have stopped worrying about the scales. I eat healthy but enjoy coffee & cake with friends. I enjoy wine with family etc. I still stick to slimming world for the most part but I have stopped feeling guilty if for some reason I can't.
Just this weekend my sister said whatever I'm doing now to keep it up. She said she had never seen me looking so well. I'm not sure what I have done differently except relax and I've stopped beating myself up if the scales goes the 'wrong' way!!

Please don't take offence as Kim says you have your baby & your partner who love you no matter what xx

I agree with the other Nikki and wonder if we should all listen to the same advice

Ladies, am I being selfish here.

Ash has decided he wants his stag do (he's going for Friday and Saturday night) on the first weekend of the May half term as then he won't be at work on the Monday, fair enough-when he first said it I thought that's fine, I won't have the luxury of having the Monday off unless I go for the first May bank holiday, but that's fine.... until last night, when I realised my birthday is the Friday we break up from school, so he's planning on having his stag starting on my birthday so I won't see him all that weekend.
I mentioned this morning that it was my birthday that Friday and he didn't really say much. I know it's just a birthday and he only gets one stag, but I just think just for the sake of not being at work on the Friday seems a bit of a poor excuse to have it on my birthday, he could have that first May bank holiday, or go one random weekend as he wouldn't be drinking on the Sunday anyway, or the beginning of the summer holidays? If it was the only date some people could make then I wouldn't mind, but I have to admit I will be annoyed if he still goes ahead with that date just because it's half term.

I agree with the other Nikki and wonder if we should all listen to the same advice

Ladies, am I being selfish here.

Ash has decided he wants his stag do (he's going for Friday and Saturday night) on the first weekend of the May half term as then he won't be at work on the Monday, fair enough-when he first said it I thought that's fine, I won't have the luxury of having the Monday off unless I go for the first May bank holiday, but that's fine.... until last night, when I realised my birthday is the Friday we break up from school, so he's planning on having his stag starting on my birthday so I won't see him all that weekend.
I mentioned this morning that it was my birthday that Friday and he didn't really say much. I know it's just a birthday and he only gets one stag, but I just think just for the sake of not being at work on the Friday seems a bit of a poor excuse to have it on my birthday, he could have that first May bank holiday, or go one random weekend as he wouldn't be drinking on the Sunday anyway, or the beginning of the summer holidays? If it was the only date some people could make then I wouldn't mind, but I have to admit I will be annoyed if he still goes ahead with that date just because it's half term.

Blinking right Donna......yes he only has 1 stag doo, but surely he can have it anytime .....you only have 1 birthday! There are plenty of weekends surely he can choose from, why does it have to be on your birthday?! If he's not drinking on the Saturday, why does he need the Monday off? Why cant he have a stag night, why the whole weekend?
In my days we just had a hen/stag night, not a whole weekend or week away!
Saying that tho, my friend went to Butlins for a weekend......worst experience of my life! It was just full of hen and stag parties.....hated it! Everyone was trying to cop off with each other! The other bridesmaid who was from the Philippines just held my hand all night quivering and didnt leave my side, cos she was crapping herself!

I'm glad you agree, that's what I thought, but wanted to check it wasn't just me.

I'm not going to moan about him having a weekend, because I think I'm planning on having two nights as well. It was actually one of my bridesmaids who suggested it I think (so you can do a couple of activities and if people want to do it all they can and if they don't then they can just do one night or whatever activities they want to do) his stag sounds great, but I honestly don't think he needs to have it that weekend.

He is wanting to go to Nottingham, on the Friday he's found somewhere that does ghost hunts followed by a buffet, then they can go out to a few bars, then the Saturday he was thinking hooters for lunch, a brewery tour, possibly another activity or there's a bar that does live bands he was saying about checking who they have on that night and then a few bars, breakfast and home on the Sunday then. None of those things are specific to that weekend and could be done the bank holiday before or in the summer holidays if he really needs the Monday off work, but I still don't think we need the Mondays off work after if we aren't drinking on the Sunday.

I always thought I would like a weekend at Butlins, but I have heard so many horror stories about it, I just would never do it (well I suppose if someone I knew really wanted it for their hen I would) but it would never be something I would choose to do as everyone seems to have the same experience as you.

The rooms we stayed in were pretty basic and most of us didnt know each other and ended sharing a room with a stranger! She wanted us to dress as schoolgirls!!! I think I was in my late 30's/early 40's at the time, so not really what I wanted to look like! I'm very easy going and very liberal, so nothing really fazes me, but my goodness there were some sites! It was basically a snogging fest! Being married it wasnt really my cup of tea!

I'm sure it will all work out in the end Donna. Don't stress it and Im sure Ash will realise the error of his ways lol!

My bridesmaids are sorting it I think, unless I come up with something.

Spa would be nice or a show though :) my problem is I either hate idea's, or really like them but struggle to actually make a decision lol

My bridesmaids are sorting it I think, unless I come up with something.

Spa would be nice or a show though :) my problem is I either hate idea's, or really like them but struggle to actually make a decision lol

Probably best you let someone else take the lead then and you just go along with it!

Isn't it funny... I'm a nottingham girl and honestly I do not see the attraction!! Yes there are good bars, a few historical sites, a few shocking sights (haha!), a few ghost walks and good restaurants but I'm bored of it!

I think working in the city centre for 9 years and going out for 7 years it's a bit.... Blah!

There are ghosts walks practically every weekend and plenty of hotels /specials / stag special knocking around I don't think he necessarily needs to go that weekend to access the "fun"

Hmmm...... I think maybe you should suggest another weekend but don't say no he can't go. It will only get his back up and he might just do it because her can... If that makes sense?

I haven't even thought about my hen weekend and since my passport only has 10 months left on it and the honeymoon is booked in my new married name I can't really go abroad! I want my hen in about June/July but no idea where!

Yeah, he hasn't said that weekend because of anything that's on, he just picked it because it's half term so it means he won't have the Monday at work. Which yeah I can understand that means he will be able to relax a bit more, but chances are my hen will be on a normal weekend where we're at work on the Monday and there are other times he could do it and still have the Monday off work (like the other May bank holiday or the beginning of the Summer holidays)

To be fair, I don't think he realised it was my Birthday when he said about it, as he just said oh that first weekend at half term, since I mentioned it's my Birthday he hasn't said about having it on that weekend again... but he hasn't said about not having it on that weekend either. He's at work now, I might text and ask what he thinks about the first bank holiday in May, then that's only a couple of weeks before when he was planning it anyway.

I think I'd like my hen at the very beginning of the summer hols, but one of my bridesmaids has pointed out it could be awkward for people travelling for that and then a couple of weeks later travelling for the wedding as well. So I'll probably have mine mid-June to early July.

well Ash has said he won't be doing my birthday weekend for his stag, by the sounds of it he kept quiet because once I said it was my birthday that weekend he decided he didn't want to do it them, but didn't think to tell me that (probably just assumed I knew)

Glad I had you here though Kim, I'm on another forum and asked the same thing, most said that they wouldn't be happy either but a few were very vocal about the fact that it's only one birthday out of loads for me and he only gets one stag so I should shut up and let him go and that I was being petty ect. made me feel a bit crap even though I know I am in my rights and would never consider having my hen on his birthday ect. even got it compared to someone working away on their spouses birthday (because that's the same thing)

Hope everyone's okay anyway

Back