Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

happycamper said:
If you go completely over on your syns one day is it better to try and claw them back from the rest of the week or to write that day off? I can see how it would be good to average 15 out over the week, but then that would mean the rest of your week might harder than usual? What do others do?

Yep if I go over 1 day I try and have minimal the rest off the time I personally do my syns weekly rather than daily so I allow myself 105 for the week and deduct from it daily so say I have 30 one day then I try and even it out over the week I find working it weekly works out better for me :)

I gained 1.5 lbs this week so am out off the 8's and am back up to 9 stone half a pound !!! Am determined to see them 8's again this week !!!

belle2011 said:
Thanks ladies, think I will try for 15 a day this week and see how that does me! Wont know till I try I guess!!

Had my first weigh in today, lost 1lb so I am now 9.11 - 12lb to go till I see the 8's!

Off to the gym again today for 1 hour x

Well done!

I'm trying my hardest not to go off plan as we speak.

I've been spring cleaning all day for people to view our house at 5 o'clock.

Its not easy cleaning with a little one wanting your attention and things had slipped just a little and so I thought i'd use the excuse for a good old tidy up. At 3 oclock I could see this care drive passed 3 times reeeaallllyyyyy slowly and then 10 mins later, estate agent rings and they cancelled :(

They said they had a little drive around and didn't like the area!

Cheeky mother *******!!!!:mad:

Have to say i'm cross now but when I got the call I felt like i'd just been dumped or something! :cry:

Keep thinking I need a glass (or 2) tonight to get over it but really shouldn't, should I?!?!?!?!?

Hopefully you didn't, Lucylu!

Doing a food diary is really helpful as you can see at a glance where you went wrong, can't you? I've decided to set myself a weekly target based on last week's diary. This week it is/was to not splurge (no other word for it) on cakes, and I wrote it on my diary after WI on Monday.

What are other people's weaknesses?

Hi, can I join this thread after moving on from the "10s to the 9s"!!

I am JUST in the 9s weighing 9.13.5 at WI two weeks ago but away on business last week in India of all places and its very difficult to keep on plan there, even steamed rice and veg curry is covered in oil, so rather dreading this weeks WI, hope to see you all in the 9s still after Thurs :)

Hopefully you didn't, Lucylu!

Doing a food diary is really helpful as you can see at a glance where you went wrong, can't you? I've decided to set myself a weekly target based on last week's diary. This week it is/was to not splurge (no other word for it) on cakes, and I wrote it on my diary after WI on Monday.

What are other people's weaknesses?

My weakness is fighting the "oh i've gone over syns so screw it" thought.

The last few days have been red wine for me. Had a rough day thurs and every night since hubby and I have drank! Thats awful, I haven't done that in ages!!!! Worked it out, i've had 2.5 bottles of wine since thurs, but, and its a big but, of the 2 bottles hubby shared them so thats 1.5 for me max so 45 syns.

Ho Hum, that aint gonna do my weight loss any good now is it!!!!:rolleyes:

Hi, can I join this thread after moving on from the "10s to the 9s"!!

I am JUST in the 9s weighing 9.13.5 at WI two weeks ago but away on business last week in India of all places and its very difficult to keep on plan there, even steamed rice and veg curry is covered in oil, so rather dreading this weeks WI, hope to see you all in the 9s still after Thurs :)

Hi!!!

Wow, India!! Amazing!!!

You weigh in is Thurs is it? Can you be really good until then?? :cool:

My weakness is fighting the "oh i've gone over syns so screw it" thought.

The last few days have been red wine for me. Had a rough day thurs and every night since hubby and I have drank! Thats awful, I haven't done that in ages!!!! Worked it out, i've had 2.5 bottles of wine since thurs, but, and its a big but, of the 2 bottles hubby shared them so thats 1.5 for me max so 45 syns.

Ho Hum, that aint gonna do my weight loss any good now is it!!!!:rolleyes:

It's funny, but I "use" cakes/biscuits in the same way. Was a little miserable last night, and all I wanted to do was eat lots of chocolate mini rolls. Sorry to hear you've had a rough couple of days, totally understandable that you resort to your "weakness" to help you through! Hopefully a better week this week will see you have less wine and less syns.

Lucylu79 said:
I'm trying my hardest not to go off plan as we speak.

I've been spring cleaning all day for people to view our house at 5 o'clock.

Its not easy cleaning with a little one wanting your attention and things had slipped just a little and so I thought i'd use the excuse for a good old tidy up. At 3 oclock I could see this care drive passed 3 times reeeaallllyyyyy slowly and then 10 mins later, estate agent rings and they cancelled :(

They said they had a little drive around and didn't like the area!

Cheeky mother *******!!!!:mad:

Have to say i'm cross now but when I got the call I felt like i'd just been dumped or something! :cry:

Keep thinking I need a glass (or 2) tonight to get over it but really shouldn't, should I?!?!?!?!?

Aww that's a shame! It's so bloody stressful selling up.

Hi notokettlechips... can I just say what a fab name you have!! Made me laugh!!

Thanks lol :)
Its a reminder of my ultimate bad girl food habit which was every Friday night (after eating perfectly enormous dinner) would open family size packet of kettle chips with fresh bottle of wine and consume the lot along with a few (alright a lot) morsels of cheese....funny its not chocolate that does it for me but savoury, salty things.
Still have not really found any SW substitute for crisp-like snack so best to avoid altogether!!!

Well and yes, I am trying to be really good after Indian trip and stick to plan and hope for best! Thought I was pretty good while I was there compared to my non SW days. Those involved copious quantities of freshly made naan bread with butter. OMG amazing and I don't mean just a little bit of butter its literally dripping with it, washed down with giant chicken curries. SOO delicious and fab but I used to come back not even able to zip up my jeans after ony a week of that. I managed to avoid those and had chicken tikka, steamed rice, but prob is you can't get any superfree as you can't eat salads and fruit there as you'll get a bad stomach, so all had to be cooked veg and like I mention the concept of cooking without oil doesn't really happen. Prob would if I stayed in one of those expensive 5 star hotels but that was not my lot!

so - I am happy to be on this thread and really hope I'll still be after Thursday!!

I can't imagine going to somewhere like that NTKC, where you are surrounded by high fat food!! It must have been so difficult! Are you going to go back there any time soon?

I think I may change my name to notoawholebagofdonuts...

And well done notcomfortable for still trying!

Well done babybuffy, bet you feel great about being in the 8s!!

I learned a lesson this week! Having only lost 0.5 lbs (it was TOTM) I was a little disappointed. I weighed myself the next day (I weigh at home, same time of day etc) and the scales were down another 1.5 lbs. Weight really does fluctuate, doesn't it!! And no more daily weighing for me either! I've decided that it's the direction I'm going in that's important, not so much the amount.

Lost 1.5 this week so that's my gain from last week gone and am back to 8.13 :)

Glad to hear it, I'm still bubbling away between 8st 11 and 8st 13, although I am wondering about taking it down a little, just need to decide if I want to be 8st 7 to 9st (so target at 8st 10) or around 8st 7. I just know I don't want to be 9st stone something so my target range at the moment is only 3lbs.

Back