Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

P.S. hope everything improves for you soon! You definitely come across as having a refreshingly positive outlook on life for someone who has been through so much! You are an inspiration :)

kim63 said:
After having 2 separate cervical discectomies in 2 years with possibly something else going on it does get a bit monotonous ......I'll be forgetting how to wash bottoms soon lol!!!

... I didn't say I wanted to be sick whilst I'm off! Bless you, that does sound rough :( hope you feel better soon xxx
Ahh, bum washing. The delightful part of the job! ... Then again, better than administrating suppositories & enemas!

charliemm said:
Slowly introduce the running in alternation with walking and build up to a constant run. Don't push yourself too hard - running for slower but longer is better than crashing and burning in short bursts! And lastly - enjoy it! If you don't then it's probably a good idea to find something else you do enjoy! X

Thanks. My legs need some toning. I have a lot of excess skin at the top. I HATE it!

kim63 said:
I've been off since august with surgery in November so its getting a bit tedious now! X

I thought being off since start of December was bad! It's a long day to fill without work, i set myself little tasks to do and spread them out with quite a lot of nothingness! Been working my way through lots of boxsets of tv shows that I've always wanted to see but never had the time to before, might have went insane without Netflix - lots of tv shows and movies on demand. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aaw thanks everyone. Not sure how I've stayed sane but I keep busy pottering & a lot of PMA helps....life's too short to let it get you down & I have a fabulous husband x

parfittaroles said:
... I didn't say I wanted to be sick whilst I'm off! Bless you, that does sound rough :( hope you feel better soon xxx
Ahh, bum washing. The delightful part of the job! ... Then again, better than administrating suppositories & enemas!

Haha have done plenty of that in my time as well. I specialize in Intensive Care so have lots of interesting things to get my teeth into!

kim63 said:
Haha have done plenty of that in my time as well. I specialize in Intensive Care so have lots of interesting things to get my teeth into!

Woo intensive care is far too scary for me! I admire you! I couldn't do a&e either. I'd be a nervous wreck

parfittaroles said:
Woo intensive care is far too scary for me! I admire you! I couldn't do a&e either. I'd be a nervous wreck

Have done it ever since I qualified 28 years ago.....my goodness that's scary, longer than most of you have been alive!!!

Morning everyone,

11 and a half hours til WI :d

x x x

WI today...9 stone bang on! FINALLY!

Anyway, I've caught the running bug too. Me and my friend going to start Thurday evening! I'm quite excited, I just hope I don't look too silly!

Congratulations!

After having 2 separate cervical discectomies in 2 years with possibly something else going on it does get a bit monotonous ......I'll be forgetting how to wash bottoms soon lol!!!

Oh honey, poor you - that sounds horrible. However, I don't think one could ever forget how to wash a bottom! Almost 18 months I haven't been working with children, but with 2 very small younger brothers, I still have had more that my fair share! *shudder*

I hope you're feeling better soon, I bet you're itching to get back to work x

I am finally in the 9's ! don't think I want to
be in the 8'a but we will see ! set my target at 9st so will see when j get there :)
love reading all your stories ! x x

Just finished my morning 30min run - tried doing some sort of fartlek training increasing speed for 1 min intervals - felt really good! I hope the novelty doesn't wear off - though it really does put me in such a good mood for the day!

ally___pally said:
be in the 8'a but we will see ! set my target at 9st so will see when j get there :)

Hey there, and welcome! My original target was 9.7 and then 9, and when I got down there I lowered it to 8.7 as I felt there was still more to go :)

What SW days do you follow? X

Congratulations and welcome! I was working down to 9st 3, but have been persuaded (;)) to try 8st 7 - not sure I will be able to get down that far, but there's no harm in trying as it's still a healthy weight for my height :) It's all about how you feel at the end of the day x

Just finished my morning 30min run - tried doing some sort of fartlek training increasing speed for 1 min intervals - felt really good! I hope the novelty doesn't wear off - though it really does put me in such a good mood for the day!

Do you increase and slow down again or just keep increasing each minute? Is that one of the settings on your treadmill? I would imagine something like that is easier to monitor on a treadmill lol
__

I need some recipe ideas. As I go to SW with my step-mum and stay at theirs on WI night, we take it in turns to cook. Tonight it's my turn and would like to try a new recipe :) Any thoughts? I'm thinking something pasta based..

Ooooh, I've found a recipe for toad in the hole! 5.5 syns plus 1/4 HEA per serving - I think I will be trying this! Will post a photo tonight xx

Change of plan, she wants to make a pork mince and pasta dish (my little bro chose it from the EE book) so I will be making toad in the hole next week instead - but might need to try making it first, LOvE toad in the hole :)

I've done 3, the Plymouth, Bournemouth & London, but the only time I remember is the Plymouth & I did that in 2.19....just wish I had my running legs again with all this talk on running.....cyclings my thing now, but my neck's still not right & am waiting to have another MRI to see if anything else is going on, basically Im falling to bits & I blame nursing & sport! :)

Wow 3 half marathons thats fantastic!! I'm so impressed and a great time too well done.
Sorry your not able to run, but cycling is just as good, if not better, no pressure on joints. I feel like I'm falling to bits too, I blame my age I turned 40 in Jan and its all going down hill ha ha ooh to be 20 again ;)
Think on a further post youve said your off work, Hope things are getting better for you, and you are keeping well.
take care xx

Ooooh, I've found a recipe for toad in the hole! 5.5 syns plus 1/4 HEA per serving - I think I will be trying this! Will post a photo tonight xx

I love toad in the hole and for 5.5syns sounds great, could you share the recipe please, my girls would love it if I made that for them.
Enjoy your tea, is it pasta now??? and good luck at wi x

Hiya :)

Here's the recipe: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/200806-toad-hole.html

Yep, we are now having penne with rich pork and tomato ragu :) trying to figure out what I'm going to do, as I was planning for a red day and have already had 3 or 4 of my HEx's, but this recipe is only free on extra easy! Guess I might have to substitute my remaining HEA for an HEB and add 6 syns lol, nightmare x

Back