Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

well me and my boyfriend have said from what we've seen in the past that when people split up after having kids one of them is usually a horrible person (usually im sure there are exceptions) so when the bloke is decent (sounds like your OH is) the woman is usually not very nice. we know someone who sounds a lot like his ex which is such a shame as her ex is such a nice guy who'd do anything for their daughter.

im probably just stressing as usually shes in a funny mood when shes not in her own house, hopefully we'll have a nice weekend

ill try and pop on here pn my phone to update the 100% challenge over the weekend (well and we're at Scarborough

Have a lovely time and don't stress about being on plan too much - if it's spoiling your trip, then it's not worth it!

Maybe take OH's fam out somewhere for the day so the setting is a bit more neutral? x

OH is losing weight like it's going out of fashion - he just text me to tell me about another 4lbs that he's lost!! Not fair - I try so hard to lose weight and there he was stuffing his face with crackers and crisps before tea last night! He is seriously catching up with me, there's only a stone in it!! :eek:

downtownsuzie said:
OH is losing weight like it's going out of fashion - he just text me to tell me about another 4lbs that he's lost!! Not fair - I try so hard to lose weight and there he was stuffing his face with crackers and crisps before tea last night! He is seriously catching up with me, there's only a stone in it!! :eek:

Oh i know that feeling, since i got him on the band wagon about a week after me in january he's lost over 30lbs.. Whereas i keep messing about around the 9st 12 - 10st 2 margin x

It's just not fair, is it? lol

I'm destressing a little and I'm going to try and stay on plan at the weekend with his family and sort of flexi-syn while we're away...but who knows what will happen! Will try not to beat myself up too much if I go off plan, I do have 2.5lbs I can gain before leaving my target range, but I'd much prefer a maintain (or even more so a loss) on my next WI

House is sorted (well need to hoover downstairs but doing that after tea as you can guarantee it will need doing again otherwise)

Hope you all have a great weekend as I won't be able to come on here much and if I do it will be on my phone which I'm a bit useless with :) sorry for my little rants today, had a stressful afternoon!

My boyfriend was like that with loosing weight as well, but he's hit a wall now and isn't going to get any further unless he decides to cut down his snacking quite a bit, I've decided not to nag him until after our trip away, I wish he could save himself when he knows we're going away or having a naughty night, but he doesn't he seems to just think oh well I'm having that bit of naughty food might as well keep it up the rest of the week. I suppose it doesn't help that he doesn't go to group, he's only just started weighing every week because I've started making him at my mums on a Wednesday

Oh my, lots going on! I could join you all in the drama's of ex's as well as Im wife No 2, but not worth the ink! We're all sorted now but it took 10 years til the boys were old enough to sort out the money side of things, so for the first 10 years of our marriage we were skint & then bought houses & are skint again lol!!!

Wow Nikki, very exciting news! You'll have no time for us as you'll be busy with 'other' things lol! I wish you both lots of luck & cant wait for any exciting news you will be sharing with us! The only advice I could give you really, thats if you want any & feel free to ignore me, is its normally advisable to wait a couple of months to get the hormones out of your system before you seriously try. But maybe thats something Im sure you will look into & not take my word for it as I know medical advice changes all the time. You're both young, so Im sure you'll have no dramas, not like old coggers like me lol!

Have just been to see the Motorhome we'll be having when DH does his charity ride in July & I think DH was rather amused at the 'girly' questions I was asking about the Motorhome...... things like the toilet etc.... a girl needs to know these things as its ok for blokes, they can just go pee behind a bush! There's no way Im pulling my knickers down in a layby with lorries bombing on past me with all my bits & pieces on show.....have some dignity please boys, Im a Lady lol!!! xx

Haha Kim get yourself a she-wee for when out in the wilderness ;-) x

MidnightPrincess said:
Those things terrify me!

Haha I've never actually used one but did contemplate getting one for festivals as festival toilets are some of the most disgusting smelly things ever! X

Ooo i would love the recipe. Unfortunately i'm not a great baker but practice makes perfect haha x

Claire this Carrot Cake is the easiest recipe in the world, basically throw it all into a big bowl, mix & cook!
I cook mine in a loaf tine, but you may prefer it in a round tin if its for a birthday cake. I've also never used the orange icing, so dont know what its like, but you could always omit it if you gont fancy it, or try something else.......hope you enjoy it as its delicious & was my Dads favourite as well xx

Carrot Cake

Carrots 175g
Free range eggs 2
Raw brown sugar 100g
Oil 75mls
100% wholemeal self raising flour 100g
Ground cinnamon 1tsp
Ground nutmeg 0.5tsp
Desiccated coconut 50g
Raisins 50g

Grease & line the base of a 7" (18cm) square cake tin. Finely grate the carrots. Whisk the eggs & sugar together until thick & creamy. Whisk in the oil slowly, then add the remaining ingredients & mix together to combine evenly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Level the surface & bake in the oven at 190C/375F/Gas 5 for 20-25 minutes, until firm to touch & golden brown. * I always pierce with a skewer to check if its cooked & if it comes out a bit sticky still, cook a bit longer until the skewer comes out clean* Cool on a wire tray. Spread with orange icing when cold.

Orange Icing

Butter 40g
Raw pale brown sugar 75g
Orange, grated rind of half of it
Shelled walnuts 25g

Beat the butter until soft, beat in the sugar & orange rind. Spread over the cake & sprinkle with chopped walnuts.

icklerockchick said:
Haha I've never actually used one but did contemplate getting one for festivals as festival toilets are some of the most disgusting smelly things ever! X

That is very true, went V festival a couple years ago and after the first night all the toilets were absolutely vile! But i'm still weird about she wees haha x

kim63 said:
Claire this Carrot Cake is the easiest recipe in the world, basically throw it all into a big bowl, mix & cook!
I cook mine in a loaf tine, but you may prefer it in a round tin if its for a birthday cake. I've also never used the orange icing, so dont know what its like, but you could always omit it if you gont fancy it, or try something else.......hope you enjoy it as its delicious & was my Dads favourite as well xx

Carrot Cake

Carrots 175g
Free range eggs 2
Raw brown sugar 100g
Oil 75mls
100% wholemeal self raising flour 100g
Ground cinnamon 1tsp
Ground nutmeg 0.5tsp
Desiccated coconut 50g
Raisins 50g

Grease & line the base of a 7" (18cm) square cake tin. Finely grate the carrots. Whisk the eggs & sugar together until thick & creamy. Whisk in the oil slowly, then add the remaining ingredients & mix together to combine evenly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Level the surface & bake in the oven at 190C/375F/Gas 5 for 20-25 minutes, until firm to touch & golden brown. * I always pierce with a skewer to check if its cooked & if it comes out a bit sticky still, cook a bit longer until the skewer comes out clean* Cool on a wire tray. Spread with orange icing when cold.

Orange Icing

Butter 40g
Raw pale brown sugar 75g
Orange, grated rind of half of it
Shelled walnuts 25g

Beat the butter until soft, beat in the sugar & orange rind. Spread over the cake & sprinkle with chopped walnuts.

Ah brilliant it sounds delicious. Hopefully it'll be easy enough that i won't completely mess it up haha. Both our dad's favourite cakes, despite the fact it's mainly vegetable and sugar it does seem like quite a "gentlemen's" cake =) x

That is very true, went V festival a couple years ago and after the first night all the toilets were absolutely vile! But i'm still weird about she wees haha x

Even better.......you know that sketch Billy Conneley does about Incontinance Pants, where he ties the bottom of his trousers & can pee on the move hahahahaha!!!!!!

Ah brilliant it sounds delicious. Hopefully it'll be easy enough that i won't completely mess it up haha. Both our dad's favourite cakes, despite the fact it's mainly vegetable and sugar it does seem like quite a "gentlemen's" cake =) x

Its easy peasy lemon squezy & so delicious. Quite a 'heavyish' cake, so perfect for 'gentlemen'! x

kim63 said:
Hahahaha!! I think I will perfect the art of self catheterisation & take a load of Codeine to bung myself up for a few days! x

True that I didn't poo for bloody ages when I broke my ankle lol! X

icklerockchick said:
True that I didn't poo for bloody ages when I broke my ankle lol! X

Haha! I've been on & off Codeine & Morphine the past 2 years & know how you feel! Had to take more drugs to counter-act the rather horrid side effects of those drugs....vicious cycle! Luckily normal activity has resumed now I'm off them all lol! X

I want to try the carrot cake, I love carrot cake (well I love cake full stop lol)

Tonight hasn't been too bad actually I'm happy to report, hopefully the rest of the weekend will go well

Ohhh and we noticed our pumpkins are growing!!!! really well as well, we planted 6 expecting maybe one or two to grow but they didn't within the week they said they would, so I had given up on them, the rain must have done them some good as all 6 have massive leaves now. We need to replant some of them so they have room to grow now though.

100% green today, 1 hea, 2 heb and 0 syyns

Kim, yesterday = 100% EE day, 1 HEa 1 HEb, 13 syns (plus my run)

Back